the best defense LSU has seen this year??

SECond2none

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best defense LSU will face all year is the defense we practice against all week.

Arizona State fans are falling on the floor laughing at the so-called strength of the SEC being defense then....

189897[/snapback]

That game might as well have been last season. The :lsu: D has essentially dropped the soft zone coverages and now actually blitzes. And ASU has embarrassed quite a few defenses this year anyway.

And ASU has embarrassed quite a few defenses this year anyway.

Agreed. The beatings they gave to Temple and Northwestern were impressive.

189902[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Ignore the fact that they moved the ball against USC and Oregon State effectively. And you ignored my main point anyway.

Didn't ignore it at all. Just thought it was hilarious enough that it made the point for me.

Neither UT nor UF are semi-good offenses at all so in reality....no one is really sure at all if LSU's D is much better or not.

Pelini's has played more, tigher coverage but is still not playing much man-2-man so his zone coverage plays can still be exposed.

Arizona State moved the ball well in the 1st half against USC....then slowly got killed in the 2nd half. Apparently the DC at USC has heard of making adjustments at halftime.

Here's something for the Aubie's to marinate on:

When has Auburn played a team with a respectable QB/receiver set? Georgia Tech. They lost that game. Blah blah blah, stop going back to that game, blah blah blah. If I am not mistaken your DB's are pretty green this year. Not saying Jamarcus is a Reggie Ball, but he is no slouch and is likely the 2nd best QB Auburn has seen. Also, we have more than one good reciever, not just Calvin Johnson.

Worried about the passing game at all? Explain yourselves.

Why is it that LSU fans continue stating not to look at the Arizona State game because it was "like last year" then keep referring to the Georgia Tech game played the exact same week that AU played?

Do I sense a contradiction here?

Just wondering if your TV picks up CBS? Prude covered Baker man to man, as did Jackson on Jackson, and Zenon played man against whoever they had in the slot. When they went to a 5 wide offense that complicated things, but that happens against any team.

Everyone is pretty certain that LSU defense is much improved outside of Aubie fans. And apparently you.

Why is it that LSU fans continue stating not to look at the Arizona State game because it was "like last year" then keep referring to the Georgia Tech game played the exact same week that AU played?

189916[/snapback]

Look at who they've played since then.

Right. I'll start using analysis from the Western Kentucky game to judge Aubie.

I watched the entire game and no...LSU did not play man-2-man every play.

They played more then in recent weeks but the way LSU was getting beat against ASU and UT in the 2nd half....how could they not?

I watched the entire game and no...LSU did not play man-2-man every play.

They played more then in recent weeks but the way LSU was getting beat against ASU and UT in the 2nd half....how could they not?

189919[/snapback]

First of all, I said that. They played zone when UF used a 5 WR set, other than that it was mostly man 2 man.

And yeah, they've played more man since the disasters that were ASU and UT. And they've had much more success that way.

189916[/snapback]

If you're referring to me. I don't see a contradiction. I am asking a valid question. Auburn has not faced a legitamite passing game since Georgia Tech. I think it's something to consider. If not, prove me wrong.

Why is the question if AU has the best defense LSU has seen? Why not if LSU has the best defense AU has seen.

All I know is that Cox is gonna get knocked around pretty good. And AU will need to throw the ball. No one has been able to run on LSU this year. While the defense as a unit has been shaky, the run defense never has.

Logan, the only way I could prove you wrong is if I knew for 100% certainty that AU would do this or that....of course I can't do that.

IMO, I think it is hilarious people take some stats so early into the year and therefore say with certainty that this or that will without doubt happen.

Did anyone see UGA putting 40+ up on LSU last year? Could those previous game show that? Of course not.

I am just laughing at those saying the ASU game was "last year" then bringing up another game that same week and using it as if it wasn't "last year"

:moon:

I know. I have seen alot of people do that. But as far as I am concerned, the Auburn secondary cannot prove me otherwise. Come Saturday my inquiry could be vindicated, or it could be completely wrong. But it's something to think about, in my opinion.

Auburn has not faced a legitamite passing game since Georgia Tech. I think it's something to consider. If not, prove me wrong.

Actually the best passing offense we have faced was USC averaging 237.7 Yds/g

They were held to 129yds passing.

The most passing yardage given up by Auburn this year was 187 yards to Justin Haddix of Western Kentucky to our 2nd or 3rd String defense.

No QB has thrown 2 TDs this year against us.

In one way it's weird that that USC had that many, and in another, it's not.

USC has no running game. They are coached by Spurrier. Only natural they throw.

BUT, weren't they playing their second string QB in that game?

For those of you not sure if Brandon Cox can get anything going offensively don't forget that BC has the SEC leading 342 yards against GT arguably the best team we have played this year. Granted he had 4 INTs and will probably make a few mistakes he is not inept. LSU's secondary will undoubtebly be tested.

getting fired up for saturday nights game and it's only monday. lots of marbles on this one in the :sec: west.

wonder if coach Knox saw how much effort :uf: made to keep kicks away from mr. green. that guy is good.

WDE!

For those of you not sure if Brandon Cox can get anything going offensively don't forget that BC has the SEC leading 342 yards against GT arguably the best team we have played this year.  Granted he had 4 INTs and will probably make a few mistakes he is not inept.  LSU's secondary will undoubtebly be tested.

189931[/snapback]

Wait, you're not allowed to say that. Auburn is a different team. No way Cox would have another game like that :lol:

If all these stats matter and make the game........ then why did Tenn, who lost to Florida, beat LSU who beat Florida?

Noone at LSU wants to address the fact that one, in the past two seasons defenses that Pellini has been associated with got shredded by passing attacks (Neb 03, and OU 04 were not exactly lacking talent), two that Miles is excellent at blowing leads (seen already this year), and three that Miles always gets blown out at home once a year in a conference game to go with the choke.

For example last year, OSU was ranked 108th in passing at the time of the OU game...... they lit Pellini's secondary up. Or you had Miles and all his talk going into Texas aTm at home...... 33-0 later he wasn't talking as much, or how about taking a 35-0 lead on Texas and losing 56-0 in the second half.

Point being, you can run all the stats you want and I can turn around and demonstrate to you were a Pellini defense has gotten shredded or a Miles team has absolutly just blown it and gotten embarrased in the past two years and with teams that were considered to be good teams.

Just to throw some stats back at ya.

Auburn's Offense ranks 34th nationally with 417ypg

Florida's Offense ranks 53rd nationally with 383ypg

With that said then with Auburn's defense being just as good as Florida's if not better, Auburn should be a tougher oppenent then FLA.

Seing that LSU-FLA was a 4 point spread should be a hell of a game.

LSU in Death Valley is never easy, but I don't this this one is a blowout either way.

Auburn 21 LSU 20 (Another extra point)

War Eagle

189587[/snapback]

Not so fast my friend. Trying to say that Auburn's offense is better than Florida's because of the ranking is hard, considering Auburn's quality of opponent.

Florida has played 4 top 26 defenses (Wyoming-26, Tenn-16, Bama-5, LSU-14) while Auburn has only played 1 (GT-17)

Average out all of your games and Florida has played an average of the 21st ranked defense every week, while Auburn has played an average of the 65th ranked defense every week.

Thats a huge drop off in quality of competition, considering only 36 yards per game seperate Auburn's and Florida's offenses.

One could actually make the conclusion that Florida has the better offense (based soley on those stats)

Sure, it seems that Florida is in serious trouble offensively because of the Bama and LSU games, but for God's sakes those were the #5 and #14 ranked defenses respectively. And after both of those bad showings, Auburn still only averages 36 yds more per game.

Please don't get me wrong, these stats could and probably will me jack $hit come Saturday, ( for instance, Auburn didn't "go all out" for 4 quarters because of the quality of competition) especially considering the rivalry aspect, but you gotta admit, this is better that "My team will whip your team because I said so!".

Or is it?

:lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Please don't get me wrong, these stats could and probably will me jack $hit come Saturday, ( for instance, Auburn didn't "go all out" for 4 quarters because of the quality of competition) especially considering the rivalry aspect, but you gotta admit, this is better that "My team will whip your team because I said so!".

Or is it?

:lol:

189944[/snapback]

It makes my life easier.

Florida's defense is very, very good, but they are no where near as quick as we are. No one is. Our speed blows my mind. Speed kills. Our D was the best in the nation last year and this year's D looks better than last year's.

Archived