Tropical Depression headed for Gulf

MDM4AU

From NBC 13 in Birmingham...

TD #24 is in the Caymans right now and is expected to be Hurricane Wilma in the next 24 hours. Will be headed for Gulf Coast. Expected to be a Cat 2 by Tuesday. There may be more important events this weekend than football.

This one will be named Wilma and with that, every name for the 2005 Atlantic season will have been used. That's nuts.

One of the bloggers at wunderground.com thinks it may head for the western FL panhandle, but who the heck really knows this far out? Definitely keeping tabs on it, though.

I hope this fizzles out. I am so tired of seeing the damage from hurricanes and what they have done to families in the southeast.

Maybe a cool front can come through and tear it apart.

What is the temp down there right now?

Want to see a good game Sat. without having to worry about the weather.

Latest info has this sucker turning waaay east and hitting Florida between the panhandle and peninsula due to a cold front coming in from the northeast. Not to wish that on our friends in Florida but I hope that is the case b/c Louisiana cannot afford to have another hurricane for the next 10 years.

I wouldn't wish this type stuff on anyone. We have seen far too much devistation already.

Wilma, go back to Bedrock and hang out with Betty, Barney, and Fred.(Heck, you can even hang out with Dino!) :P

I'm going on vacation to Panama City Beach tomorrow morning...no joke.

:no:

:au::homer:

Ironically I had a dream last night that a hurricane had formed and was projected to hit alond the central gulf coast this weekend.....well when i woke up I was relieved that it was just a dream, and then on my way to work I heard them talking about Wilma on the radio and was like "you've got to be kidding me". So the first thing i do when i get to work is check out the forcast and luckily it doesn't seem this lady will have any effect on Louisiana or the game. I can't say the same for Florida though, hopefully it won't be too bad.

For those of you that like tracking hurricanes, go to crownweather.com and click on the "Tropical" link at the top. They have many different graphs and disscussions taken from different sites. They normally update very quickly but last time I checked they still had Wilma as a TD. Good site though!!

Archived