Tuberville and Tigers out for a little respect

AUHansel

I'm not an ESPN insider so I can't read it. I was wondering if anyone here was and could post it or just give us the jist of it. Thanks

heres the link

LINK

Sorry guys, read the rules - no posting of premium content on the boards. If someone wanted to summarize it, that's okay, but no cut and paste.

Basically he picked Auburn to win.

Like Jenny said I can't post the whole article...

But he basically said Auburn fans had to be mad that we didn't get any respect this year because even after losing our entire backfield, we still had a very good, fast defense.

He said if Cox avoids stupid turnovers, we will beat LSU.

Hopefully Kirk is right about this one...

Pretty Boy Herby + Premium Content = Contradiction in terms

:puke:

Gameday Crew (except fowler)

They are never held accountable for when they're wrong but will always remind us of when they are right.

They are never held accountable for when they're wrong but will always remind us of when they are right.

190797[/snapback]

Accountable? For what? Their opinion? They are ANALYSTS. They are not all knowing, all seeing omnipotent ubergods of the football netherworld. If they knew 100% of the time who would win games, they would have a mansion in Vegas and wouldn't be doing television. They are also not the ONLY analysts - there are upwards of 30 guys on tv each weekend, each with a nose and an opinion, each one unique to that guy. Analysis is great, but there are too many intangibles in football to correctly ANALYZE who will win in a close game situation. Yeah, these guys may influence someone else's opinion temporarily, but if he is wrong more often than right, people stop paying attention to him and he loses his job. Any poll voter who uses purely an analyst's opinion to decide how they vote instead of the W-L record of a team doesn't need to be voting.

IMHO, people are accountable to someone else only for things that matter. My CEO is ACCOUNTABLE to the stockholders and employees for the way this company operates. If you want to stretch it, you can even perhaps say that a head coach is ACCOUNTABLE to the university and the fans and alum for how a team plays on a given day or over the course of a season. But don't use the word ACCOUNTABLE to describe a bunch of guys whose opinion is worth more than mine only because he gets paid to give it and you get the pleasure of reading mine each week for free. ;)

190797[/snapback]

Accountable? For what? Their opinion? They are ANALYSTS. They are not all knowing, all seeing omnipotent ubergods of the football netherworld. If they knew 100% of the time who would win games, they would have a mansion in Vegas and wouldn't be doing television. They are also not the ONLY analysts - there are upwards of 30 guys on tv each weekend, each with a nose and an opinion, each one unique to that guy. Analysis is great, but there are too many intangibles in football to correctly ANALYZE who will win in a close game situation. Yeah, these guys may influence someone else's opinion temporarily, but if he is wrong more often than right, people stop paying attention to him and he loses his job. Any poll voter who uses purely an analyst's opinion to decide how they vote instead of the W-L record of a team doesn't need to be voting.

IMHO, people are accountable to someone else only for things that matter. My CEO is ACCOUNTABLE to the stockholders and employees for the way this company operates. If you want to stretch it, you can even perhaps say that a head coach is ACCOUNTABLE to the university and the fans and alum for how a team plays on a given day or over the course of a season. But don't use the word ACCOUNTABLE to describe a bunch of guys whose opinion is worth more than mine only because he gets paid to give it and you get the pleasure of reading mine each week for free. ;)

190809[/snapback]

WHOA...Not to self, never make Jenny, the football goddess, angry!!!!

I completely agree with you then, Jenny!!

190812[/snapback]

Honey, I was not angry - just making a point. And you never have to agree with me just because you fear my wrath... unless you are married to me. :big:

190812[/snapback]

Honey, I was not angry - just making a point. And you never have to agree with me just because you fear my wrath... unless you are married to me. :big:

190814[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol: Sounds like my wra...I mean wife.

I guess Jenny's corndog "walks a straight line" more often than not. If that were not the case, I do not think he would currently be in the land of the living. :D

Seriously Jenny, tell the old corndog I said hello and I hope he doesn't take this coming Saturday Night's loss too hard. B)

p.s. After listening to some of the football talking heads, I would put a lot more stock in the Football info. & insight provided by Jenny. We do not call her our Football Goddess for nothing! :cheer:

I guess Jenny's corndog "walks a straight line" more often than not.  If that were not the case, I do not think he would currently be in the land of the living. :D

Seriously Jenny, tell the old corndog I said hello and I hope he doesn't take this coming Saturday Night's loss too hard. B)

p.s. After listening to some of the football talking heads, I would put a lot more stock in the Football info. & insight provided by Jenny. We do not call her our Football Goddess for nothing! :cheer:

190823[/snapback]

I am a Football Goddess becaue I love the game and everything about it. I make no claim to understand the little nuances and statistics and crap that the analysts use, so I don't know how good my "insight and info" is. Most of the time the stuff Stat Tiger throws out just blows my mind. But I DO comprehend fundamentals, and I can spot penalties with an eagle eye, and I tend to call things like I see them, so if my opinion is worth anything to anyone, then you are getting what you pay for. :D

Surprisingly enough, the corndog is still the head of our house - when he speaks, I do listen. He lets me pretty much run things, so when he does decide something is worth him speaking up about, I take his comments to heart. So I guess he kind of picks his battles too. :big: And it works - in five years together, married for four, we have never had an ugly, name calling knock down drag out fight. We have gotten mad - seriously mad - at one another twice, and both times we compromised it out - neither party got exactly what they wanted but it worked out fairly. We fuss and we do snap at one another when we are tired, but that's just part of living with anyone day in and day out. I consider myself a very lucky woman and he knows I feel that way. :wub:

As for this weekend, it looks like I will be staying home with Katie, as we can't find a babysitter to keep her Sat nite and I am NOT taking her to a night game anywhere at age 19 months. That's okay - it's Carl's LSU buddies that are our hosts - and none of the other wives are going to be able to go this year either, so I volunteered to pull Mommy duty. I can stay home and teach Katie how to yell TOUCHDOWN AUBURN! at the top of my lungs - she should be good and brainwashed by the time he gets home.

Besides, GAME ONE of the WS is Sat night at the same time AU kicks off against the corndogs, and this way I can see both. Yeah, I am a little disappointed, as this would be the only game I have a chance to see in person this year, but if it were the other way around, he would let me go to Auburn.

190812[/snapback]

190814[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about you being married to one of them "faux-tigers". I trust you and he will understand this in the way it's intended--but I hope he is really unhappy around 10 pm CDT Saturday night! :rolleyes:

[Then he can cheer up and go concentrate on beating Appalachian State...and of course, Bama!]

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about you being married to one of them "faux-tigers".  I trust you and he will understand this in the way it's intended--but I hope he is really unhappy around 10 pm CDT Saturday night! :rolleyes:

[Then he can cheer up and go concentrate on beating Appalachian State...and of course, Bama!]

190861[/snapback]

Honey, to hell with unhappy - I hope he is freaking miserable. :roflol:

190797[/snapback]

190809[/snapback]

sorry :( , didn't mean to cross the line with my use of the word accountable (i didn't know someone could get worked up over one word), all i meant was that they never admit when they are wrong after delivering their predictions with arrogance. I don't pay attention to any talking heads because none of them know what is going to happen. It just so happens that the gameday crew are the most popular ones out there making them the most visible. Remind me to check with you next time i'm unsure if it is okay to use a word or not, don't want to ruffle any feathers.

Remind me to check with you next time i'm unsure if it is okay to use a word or not, don't want to ruffle any feathers.

190899[/snapback]

Honey, read my other post above - I am not mad or slamming you or anything - just making a point. People - and I include myself in this - get all worked up about analysts and their opinions and predictions. But now that Trev Alberts is gone :lol: , I can afford to be magnanimous and remind everyone that they are just educated guessers. The ALL CAPS was just for emphasis... People do overuse the word accountable, but I was just making a point. I am genuinely sorry if I hurt your feelings. Timmy just likes to make me seem like the Kicking Ass Witch of the Southwest...

On the other hand... I AM the official AUNation Grammar Wench... feel free to run any vocabulary etiquette questions by me at any time :roflol::roflol:;)

do any of you know if anyone keeps track of their pics on gameday to see how they fare? I think it would be interesting to see how the highest paid in the business fair.

"Accountable" means "answerable".

The writers and mike jocks don't have to answer when they are way off base, and ain't that frustrating. That was the only point, and a good one, I might add.

I think they should be held accountable. It's a travesty what they do week in and week out. I look to them for answers and my livelyhood depends on them getting it right. When they get it wrong strong and just punishment needs to happen. I suggest docking pay to public humilation.

:big:

Archived