I come in peace

gptiger

I live on the East coast and am an LSU fan. I have yet to see Auburn play yet...what kind of offense ya'll running, same Borges scheme as last year?

Defense is solid statistically, and what about the tight ends?

I just want an idea of what to loom for on Saturday.

Good luck, and lets hope there is a good game/good sportsmanship....Go LSU.

Ciao

Welcome to WEN. Our defense has been great but hasn't been tested by anyone in LSU's class. The offense has been more conservative than last year due to QB inexperience. Look for the wraps to come off a little Saturday.

Ditto your wishes for good sportsmanship and go geaux :au::au::au:

Pretty much the same scheme as last year on offense, albeit with different players. Defense is quick and aggressive, but lack of size up the middle could allow for some success for you guys running between the tackles. Key will be getting pressure on Russell because he tends to make more mistakes when feeling the heat.

Our TEs seem to be a little more active this year in the passing game, but the WRs and RBs still get the bulk of the throws. All of them are good blocking TEs though.

thanks for the reply...slow cloudy thursday in washington dc.

is Irons getting all the carries? what happened to the white guy, Tre something?

190742[/snapback]

Tre Smith in essence got beat out by Irons and Brad Lester. Lester started last Saturdy against Arky but got hurt early and din't return. he won't play this week either. Tre played more against Arky after Lester went out and scored two TDs.

What do you do in DC and where do you live? I spent 5 years at NASA HQ and lived most of the time in Roslyn overlooking the Potomac and Georgetown.

Tre "something" Smith is still around. He scored two tds last week vs the piggies. Pay no attention to the little white guy wearing #22. He should not be any problem for the mighty lsWHO defense. B) After all, he is slow and not very big and, well, just pay him no mind whatsoever. :big:

Work in commercial real estate in Bethesda, MD.

Live near American University.

Saturday should be fun. going to Auburn fans house for fried turkey and trash talking.

As for Smith, if LSU fornt four can stop the running game, I feel good about LSU's chances as the safteies can help try and stop AU silly WR's.

We shall see.

PS- WarTim, LSU ain't Arkansas.

I live on the East coast and am an LSU fan. I have yet to see Auburn play yet...what kind of offense ya'll running, same Borges scheme as last year?

Defense is solid statistically, and what about the tight ends?

I just want an idea of what to loom for on Saturday.

Good luck, and lets hope there is a good game/good sportsmanship....Go LSU.

Ciao

190733[/snapback]

Like others have said the ofense is peeled back version of last year tht really hasn't opened it up much. Still a balanced attack, running game has improved each week with execution. Strong OL and inexperienced WRs and TEs, both are excellent blockers. Defense is very fast DEs are not huge, all around 250, but the middle is anchored by a couple of 300 pounders. Secondary has a mix of inexperience, we got about 3 or 4 that played last year rotating, plus a JUCO transfer. Solid kicking game, very good kickoff return. OBviously, our QB Brandon Cox is the focus of our O, b/c he is first year starter. He is steadly improving, has great pocket presence, good arm, and accurate.

It will be one of the best games ever. Looking forward to it, WAR EAGLE!!!!

Work in commercial real estate in Bethesda, MD.

Live near American University.

Saturday should be fun. going to Auburn fans house for fried turkey and trash talking.

As for Smith, if LSU fornt four can stop the running game, I feel good about LSU's chances as the safteies can help try and stop AU silly WR's.

We shall see.

PS- WarTim, LSU ain't Arkansas.

190757[/snapback]

Never said they were.

p.s. You are right. Arkansas is not THAT prone to turnovers. :big:

Another reason our offense has been toned down thus far is that CTT and CAB were really holding back until this game. We've run pretty much every formation we ran last year, but the number of different plays we've run is less than 1/2 of what we saw last season.

Archived