Costliest mistakes for Auburn

tgr4lfe

IMO, in our last drive of regulation the 20 to 30 second delay before getting the play called in cost us dearly. It was very poor clock management....we were on their 40 or 45 movig the ball and hurt ourelves by letting time run off the clock without getting the play called.

All the dropped passes really hurt us, also. I have never seen so many for one team, much less throw in the ones for LSU.

Our OT possession should have been RUN RUN RUN. I know we did the first couple, but then when he got dropped for a loss on one, we went to a pass play. I think the LSU DL was worn down from the run. KI was on fire... and the OL was hammering the DL back.

I know our guys played hard and commend them in staying with it. These little things hurt us in the grand scheme, that and not putting it in the endzone on 2 redzone possessions, coming out with missed FGs. We will come back and take down Ole Miss, UGA, AND Bama.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

hard to catch a lot of passes when the defense is interfering on almost every play...........not a team in the conference that can compete with LSU with that kind of one sided officiating

not a team in the conference that can compete with LSU with that kind of one sided officiating

192162[/snapback]

Are you serious? I hate comments like that.

Good game...

The dropped passes were obviously an issue for the team. My concern is the number of attempts by Brandon Cox. We have four solid running backs and a sophomore QB throwing 40-50 times a game; that doesn't make sense to me. Any time the running game was stopped for a short gain or a loss we immediately went back to the pass. We were unable to finish drives. Sure, Vaughn missed serveral field goals. However, poor execution and weak play calling put him in those situations. We never should've had to call on Vaughn to kick six field goals in that game. LSU's DL was wearing down and we should've capitalized on that by keeping fresh legs in the game. Irons was on fire; he should've been allowed to continue to pound the football. Cox will eventually be a good ball player but the coaches are asking too much of him too soon. JC didn't throw the ball this much last year, so why would his back-up do so this year?

The dropped passes were obviously an issue for the team.  My concern is the number of attempts by Brandon Cox.  We have four solid running backs and a sophomore QB throwing 40-50 times a game; that doesn't make sense to me.  Any time the running game was stopped for a short gain or a loss we immediately went back to the pass.  We were unable to finish drives.  Sure, Vaughn missed serveral field goals.  However, poor execution and weak play calling put him in those situations.  We never should've had to call on Vaughn to kick six field goals in that game.  LSU's DL was wearing down and we should've capitalized on that by keeping fresh legs in the game.  Irons was on fire; he should've been allowed to continue to pound the football.  Cox will eventually be a good ball player but the coaches are asking too much of him too soon.  JC didn't throw the ball this much last year, so why would his back-up do so this year?

192168[/snapback]

Because in case you haven't noticed, he is not a backup anymore. Also he is much more of a pure passer than JC was. If the WRs wold have caught just half of the missed passes we would not be having this discussion right now. Aromashodu dropped at least 5 passes. The passes DROPPED, not the iffy ones, were dead on. And the majority of them were ten yards or longer. this kid can throw. If we can catch, we will crush other teams. We did need more lateral passes to the RB out of the backfield. LSU did it with Green and it worked. We needed to get KI alone against a DB.

hard to catch a lot of passes when the defense is interfering on almost every play...........not a team in the conference that can compete with LSU with that kind of one sided officiating

192162[/snapback]

Even I won't go that far..sure CT was SHOVED out on 2nd down in OT but calls could've been made both ways that were'nt..get over it...AU blew it!

The dropped passes were obviously an issue for the team.  My concern is the number of attempts by Brandon Cox.  We have four solid running backs and a sophomore QB throwing 40-50 times a game; that doesn't make sense to me.  Any time the running game was stopped for a short gain or a loss we immediately went back to the pass.  We were unable to finish drives.  Sure, Vaughn missed serveral field goals.  However, poor execution and weak play calling put him in those situations.  We never should've had to call on Vaughn to kick six field goals in that game.  LSU's DL was wearing down and we should've capitalized on that by keeping fresh legs in the game.  Irons was on fire; he should've been allowed to continue to pound the football.  Cox will eventually be a good ball player but the coaches are asking too much of him too soon.  JC didn't throw the ball this much last year, so why would his back-up do so this year?

192168[/snapback]

I agree, I think in the second half we should have taken a more of a RUN RUN RUN attitude with the O. We had them on thier heals and KI was feeling it. But it is behind us. The article in M'gery Advertiser on CTT comments on the BCS and ESPN he had good things to say about the teams reaction to the lose. THey will rebound and we will win out finishing 9-2. With a little help from Bama beating LSU we will go to Atlanta.

The biggest mistake was travelling the day of the game.

The second biggest mistake was not inviting Aubie7 to be the motivational speaker before the game.

The second biggest mistake was not inviting Aubie7  to be the motivational speaker before the game.

192358[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I hate that we lost as much as anyone but I have to admit that LSU dropped easier passes than we did.We didn't think honestly that we would win them all this year and this is a game our kids can build on for the next 18 games(thru next year).One play at a time/one game at a time.Our kids are too :au: good to let this hold them back.WAR EAGLE

Because in case you haven't noticed, he is not a backup anymore. Also he is much more of a pure passer than JC was. If the WRs wold have caught just half of the missed passes we would not be having this discussion right now. Aromashodu dropped at least 5 passes. The passes DROPPED, not the iffy ones, were dead on. And the majority of them were ten yards or longer. this kid can throw. If we can catch, we will crush other teams. We did need more lateral passes to the RB out of the backfield. LSU did it with Green and it worked. We needed to get KI alone against a DB.

192212[/snapback]

Well, thanks for informing me that he's not the back up. I was really wondering why the back-up was playing so much. It was a figure of speech. His passes may appear to be on target, that much I'll give you. I realize that there were a lot of dropped passes and that obviously hurt his numbers. The bottom line is the passing game was ineffective. There is no reason to throw that many times and complete that few passes. Regardless of what the excuse for the problem in the passing game, it's not working.

Archived