CTT on Dan Patrick's show

DKW 86

Dan Patrick just lied thru his teeth. He said that ESPN stated that the BCS game would have been better. ESPN never said any such thing.

They want the BCS match up to be the National Darlings and screw the rest of us.

If we had 8 no loss teams, the press would still DICTATE who would be playing in the BCS. As last year, the human polls will over rule the computers.

Why cant we just have playoff? Why cant we just have a sport? Why do we need journalists who never played a down, know nothing about football, or worse are washed up has beens telling us what to think?

i was actually slightly disappointed in tommy's inability to rebuff dan's nonsense. so, i wrote patrick an email that will get ignored, but it pretty much answers all the questions dan threw at tommy. here's what i sent:

"Dan,

You just had Tommy Tuberville on your show, and I wish he had done a better job of supporting his comments. Since he didn't, I'll pick up where he left off.

You said that coaches shouldn't vote before week 6 or later. Just so you know, the network you are defending was the co-sponsor of that poll until this season, but I guess they shouldn't be held responsible for being a part of a broken system. Let's just blame the presidents, ADs, and coaches that vote. Everyone is wrong except ESPN.

You said that ESPN didn't have a bias as to who appeared in the national title game. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ABC covers the national title. Disregarding your parent company Dan??? Sounds like you're biting the hand that feeds you, huh? Of course ESPN has a vested interest in who plays on ABC, but again, I guess ESPN should get a pass since the game isn't actually appearing on ESPN or ESPN2.

You also attacked Tuberville for the comments he made about Lou Holtz. I happen to think Holtz was a solid coach IN THE 1980'S! Tommy's claim that Lou couldn't win in the SEC was spot on. Look at his record. Also, don't get so caught up in Lou's national title season. Look at everything else he did to Notre Dame... he got them put on probation for the love. That never seems to be brought up, but Lou Holtz started the downturn of Notre Dame football, a downturn they are just now recovering from.

And if you want further proof of ESPN Gameday's bias, I'll give you one for the boys in front of the camera and one for the guys behind it.

1) Last year, Herby said he would rank Auburn number two if they beat Georgia. We did, he didn't. He sat in Auburn and said a win over Alabama would be enough for him. We won, but he didn't change. He said that another win over Tennessee would make us clearly one of the top two. We won; then at the national title he said "They got it right!" And no, he never took that back. You can say he admitted it wasn't the best game all you want, but he never said "Auburn should have been here. They got it wrong." So he's a two-faced liar.

2) ESPN Gameday decides where to go each week independent of the on air guys. This year they have been to Texas or USC games 4 of the 7 possible weeks (Texas/OSU, USC/ASU, USC/Notre Dame, and Texas/Texas Tech). To my knowledge they have not taken the big show to either Georgia, Alabama, UCLA, or Virginia Tech despite the fact that Alabama/Tennessee was a MUCH bigger storyline with the return of Phil Fulmer than anything occuring in the state of Texas (not named Tom DeLay). And that's from an Auburn student/fan.

The fact is the network is biased. They do employ has-been or never-were coaches. They are an integral part of a flawed system, and if you want a guest who can match barbs and facts with you, I will be by my phone all day today or tomorrow or any other day. War Damn Eagle!"

Finebaum just cut me off again.... :angry:

BCS Best 36 point blow out?

Patrick said that ESPN stated that BCS game was a joke and should have been Auburn, I call BS on that.

Holtz, is a loser, cheat, left ND and USC on probation. Rumors at Ark and MN too.

PF's real problem is that he is not speaking out on the PF Show.

ESPN is Auburn’s best friend. Tommy could not bite the hands that feeds :au:

Journalists voting on anything is stoopid. Preseason Mags are BS on slick paper. Why do we pay attention to them? Mark Green is batting over .800 on ITAQT now. I will listen to him. Charles Goldberg, Bham News is .500? If he knows so little about college football, why does he still have a job?

IMO, this quy has gotten more and more cocky as the years have went along. 3-4 years ago, his show was informative, funny, and he didn't mind bucking the trend some here and there. Now he's just a head, and he spends all of his time talking about himself and what he's done. Today just happened to be the last straw for me.

CTT answered his question and he just kept asking it over and over and over and over and...... you get the point.

So, I too emailed patrick.

Dan -

Just heard coach tommy tuberville on your show and heard him respond reasonably to your questions about 'why not blame the college presidents for the current system....'. Apparently you never heard his response, because you continued to ask this same question over and over, even though tuberville had given you a perfectly plausible answer. Since his answer did not include a full apology to espn, you totally ignored his point.

When you behave in such a manner to your guests, it really shows you for the company puppet you have become, Dan. What you demonstrated today was not journalism, it was an ass-covering party sponsored by espn. Shame on you Dan, coach tuberville deserved a more objective interviewer.

I also wanted to comment on tuberville's statement concerning lou holtz. He may have won a title at notre dame, but I don't seem to remember tuberville mentioning notre dame. Maybe you should have someone read the statements aloud to you so that you understand a little better.

Finally, you stated several times that you felt the gameday crew was the best collection of college football analysts in the country. Do you realize that that crew includes Lee Corso? Come on Dan, you should really rescind that comment before you are lumped in with that group.

Once again, I am severely disappointed in the attitude you demonstrated today. You had a real opportunity to shed some light on a topic that is always a ratings goldmine but yet you attempted to turn it into an episode of Jerry Springer. That will just about do it for me as far as espn is concerned as well.

A former listener,

Mike Bamman, Ph.D

If you want to speak to Mr. Patrick here is his phone # 860-766-2000...........give the old boy a call.

192815[/snapback]

Man you got me excited...Thought maybe you had his cell phone....The switchboard wouldn't give me him. Communists!

I ADMIRE TOMMY TUBERVILLE! = BIG BALLZZZZZZZZZ :au:

notre dame is spoutin off about whoopin the volenteers by 30 !! :ut::blink:

LSU is a little better than I thought but :lsu:

I choose these guys to win it 2005 :ua:

OH I GIVE UP LOL :moon:

If you call and ask to speak to dan patrick the op will put your call through. Dan is in Houston tonight so you can leave him a message on his answering machine.He says that he will call you back if you leave your name and #

If I am not mistaken, Holtz also got Minnesota on probation or some kind of trouble right before he bolted. This is the same guy that made the derogatory comments about Bama a few weeks ago and Finebaum blasted him for it.

This is rediculous. Dan Patrick is attacking Tubs but agreeing with him at the same time. He's not listening to a word Tuberville is saying.

And college football is anticlimactic??? Did he not see the AU/LSU game, or I hate to say it, but the USC/ND game?

Archived