If no one else will bring it up

auwallace

Let's just agree to demote Brandon Cox (too many interceptions), John Vaughn (too many missed field goals), David Irons (too many penalties), the offensive line (too many allowed sacks), Tre Smith (too many fumbles), Devin Armoshadou (too many dropped passes) and the water boy (too many thirsty players)...sorry if I missed anybody else that should have been included on this black-ball list!  :poke:

193963[/snapback]

While we are at it, I guess the Coaching Staff has gotta' go too. (Except for Coaches Whit and Knox, according to vatz). :angry:;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay, how many muffed punts are acceptable a year. Considering he muffed two last year (and caused caddy to muff one), and has fumbled twice on special teams this year. There is much more scrutiny on this position because if a reciever drops a pass that normally doesn't give the other team the ball in great field position. Fumbling punts is a recipe for disaster and while he has made some good returns his decision making has been questionble at best as to when to catch and when to let bounce. All any of us are saying is that it would be nice to see maybe robert dunn or even devin back there once in a while, maybe our blockers are more responsible for those returns than we think, after all devin and brad have done great on kickoffs.

[

Get em Tim!  I thought that was a little goofy for vatz to put that out there too.  Looked like he was bored, or something, and just wanted to type before thinking.  I've never seen anything in Tim's posts to indicate preference, on color, or anything else...

193962[/snapback]

Ya'll take it easy on vatz. He's just having an ignorant day :cheer:

Vatz, your comments about Tim's "racism" are laughable, at best. If you knew the kids in this town that Tim and his wife have helped out over the years you would apologize immediately. How on earth you can walk around toting that much ignorance is beyond me. I wish you would pull up the posts where Tim has said anything about color that didn't involve Orange & Blue.

Yea, I don't see any problem debating whether a change at the return position is warranted. I haven't seen anyone bashing the guy and feeling like someone else might deserve a chance to return punts is perfectly fine. Hey, that's part of the reason this board exists, to discuss issues about all things Auburn.

Personally, I'm torn about whether to continue with Tre returning punts or to use a game like UK to get Dunn or someone else some reps. I like the prospect of having two return men back so you don't have the problem of having to catch some of the punts on the dead run.

Gotta' back Tim here. A claim of bias based on skin color is way off base. Tim has always been supportive almost to a fault, of anyone wearing the orange and blue. In fact, he tends to lift up most all players from various schools...except of course, those wearing dark pink jerseys and "Nature's losers." :D

Guest Tigrinum Major

Everyone. Chill out with the veiled threats, thinly or otherwise.

Next one that even hints of calling another a racist, ignorant, a body part or threatens another member gets more than a warning from me. Discuss your differences in one of two ways - civilly or privately.

I am not taking sides with this issue, but let's examine another part of the argument. Tre is semi-legendary in many of our minds because of his performance against Bama. The coaches probably feel the same way.

He isn't perfect as a punt returner, but I haven't seen any player grade out as 100% every game this season. Have any of you?

It isn't off limits to discuss player performance in a constructive manner.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Oh yea, well...then you and me....outside...you, you, vague reference to some obscure part of the human anatomy.

Too strong??? :big:

193983[/snapback]

I'll take ya, ya wimpy barrister.

On a thread sidetracking note, do ya have any extra tickets to the last home game of the season?

Tre Smith and Lee Guess as dual punt returners was a good scheme, I thought. Why did we abandon that formation?

Major, while I appreciate your need to keep "peace" here, I was basically accused of being a racist. That simply should not be tollerated. That is tossed around way too much these days to the point of when it is true, it gets overlooked. MY character has been questioned. I am still waiting a complete and total retraction.

p.s. Thanks to jaydubb. IF vatz ONLY knew indeed.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Major, while I appreciate your need to keep "peace" here, I was basically accused of being a racist. That simply should not be tollerated. That is tossed around way too much these days to the point of when it is true, it gets overlooked. MY character has been questioned. I am still waiting a complete and total retraction.

193986[/snapback]

I addressed that, Tim.

When I first read that particular post, I took it as your loyalty to Tre was based on his performance against Bama a couple years ago. I see now that it could be interpreted otherwise.

Calling members a racist or threatening to do them bodily harm (even in retaliation for a previous transgression) will not be tolerated. My suggestion to the two (or three or four) of you is that you resolve your differences in private and agree to modify your posts on your own. If not, I will be happy to modify this thread myself. You are both adults. I don't like getting involved, but the tone of this thread will not be tolerated. From either camp. I don't care who started it. I just want it to end.

I understand and will comply. Men of CHARACTER can and do disagree. That was not the case here. I wait to see IF vatz will do the right thing. Making a mistake or misjudging someone or something is human. Failure to correct a statement like this when it calls into question the character of another is just plain unacceptable and should be thought of as such by any rational person. vatz, just do the right thing and I will never mention this again. No need to do this in private. It was done in an open forum and should be corrected here. I have said my piece and greatly appreciate the others that understand and said so. I am sorry that you even had to address this Major and appreciate what you do.

Thank You!

Soooo, moving on....

I was pumped when I saw Kenny Irons go back with Tre to return the punt because I like that scenario. Turned out they were just running a reverse, but it would be nice to have both Tre and Dunn or Guess back there.

Soooo, moving on....

I was pumped when I saw Kenny Irons go back with Tre to return the punt because I like that scenario.  Turned out they were just running a reverse, but it would be nice to have both Tre and Dunn or Guess back there.

194007[/snapback]

Not a bad idea. We did the "dual returner thing" a few times last year. It worked well, if my failing memory is correct. :huh:

WarTim i hope you don't think i was calling you racist, i've never seen anything from you or anyone on this board that hints at racism, i was just mentioning that there are a lot of au fans who sort of see tre as a novelty, and not a running back. Vatz seems to make good points a lot of the times, but i think he gets too much of a kick out of pushing peoples buttons.

i think a lot of you have your years mixed up. tre played in three games last year and wasn't the primary punt returner. carnell was. he and carnell did combine for a muffed punt against lsu, but that's the only time he was in on a messed up punt. the only other time i remember him fumbling was against lsu 2 years ago. that means he's had two bad games in two years correct? or am i missing something? and yeah, i'd like to see us go back to the two returner formation if we can get the guys working together (didn't happen agianst lsu last year).

can you imagine if robert dunn turns out to be as explosive as advertised? Put both he and brad lester back for kickoffs and punt returns, i would be on the edge of my seat for every return.

you wanna talk about an explosive return guy, brad lester's your guy. devin's pretty dang good too. when we have both of those guys back there, we're a lot more dangerous than just one of them. i honestly think we could take it to the house every single return with brad and devin b/c they get up field so fast.

I guess PT is right, I am having an ignorant day.

I would like to take this time to apologize to Wartim. Hes been a very great member on the board and my comments were uncalled for. And yes, he has been behind every player on this team and I totally respect that.

Tim, I apologize, and...if you can forgive me...I would totally appreciate it. My comments towards you were not deserved and I hope everyone can re-analyze my position and accept my apology.

Everyone deserves an acceptance of an apology every now and then and right now I hope you guys accept mine. Sorry tim, uncalled for thoughts in that post towards you.

i think you treat tre smith just like vaughn. come back the next week against kentucky and let him run back a punt for a touchdown. vaughn had an off day and instead of benching him you show confidence and put him back in.

I guess PT is right, I am having an ignorant day.

I would like to take this time to apologize to Wartim.  Hes been a very great member on the board and my comments were uncalled for.  And yes, he has been behind every player on this team and I totally respect that.

Tim, I apologize, and...if you can forgive me...I would totally appreciate it.  My comments towards you were not deserved and I hope everyone can re-analyze my position and accept my apology. 

Everyone deserves an acceptance of an apology every now and then and right now I hope you guys accept mine.  Sorry tim, uncalled for thoughts in that post towards you.

194081[/snapback]

Accepted & War Eagle! :au:

Archived