Auburn recruiting Ex UT QB

Tiger1992

I don't really like this all that much. He's gotten in trouble and didn't deserve to play QB there, so unless he works his tail off, then I don't think he's worth it.

I didn't think that we recruited thugs. :blink:

194853[/snapback]

Probably 99% rumors, I remember when people started talking about KI coming to Auburn there were all these rumors about the same thing, "He left USC cause he was behaiving badly, not because of playing time", I think he would be a great addition to Auburn

The kid has gotten into trouble just once with the arrests I believe.

Who cares?

Odell Thurman is the definition of a thug....yet as long as he didnt get arrested ANYMORE and played well....I was fine.

UGA has a lot of...uh.....well, nice people have gotten into trouble off the field.....but as long as they stay clean now....and perform

:uga:

Hey the kid is a great Athlete....and like Tim said, he might be recruited as an athlete.... If the kid can play, and understands what is needed of him ethically to be apart of this program, then I'm all for it.

The way I see it, he is basically like a juco prospect in that he only has two years of eligibility left. I understood the philosophy on juco's is that you only spend a scholarship on them if you have an immediately pressing need at that position - which I just don't see with Cox having two more years himself, along with a game-veteran RSFr backup and a talented (and team-oriented) third stringer, plus other commited four-year prospects.

Also keep in mind the new rules on academic progress - why risk getting demerits there with someone who has already shown the propensity to quit, particularly if he is likely to never get significant playing time at his preferred position. In the end, I think there is just too much baggage from the assault (can't spell that without UT) - I say good luck to him elsewhere.

I didn't think that we recruited thugs. :blink:

194853[/snapback]

Probably 99% rumors, I remember when people started talking about KI coming to Auburn there were all these rumors about the same thing, "He left USC cause he was behaiving badly, not because of playing time", I think he would be a great addition to Auburn

194859[/snapback]

Not a rumor.

Link

Brent Schaeffer, Soph. - Schaeffer was the wild-card in the mix before deciding to transfer. He was suspended this spring after being arrested and charged with assaulting a student and then starting missing classes. He was an exciting runner with 66 yards and a touchdown in his time alternating with Erik Ainge before getting knocked out for the year with a collarbone injury. He struggled a bit throwing the ball, but he wasn't all that bad for a true freshman and should improve with time.

Archived