Louisville - Pitt game last night

Tiger in Spain

The Cardinals have the ball and are up 35-20 with :40 to go in the game. They call a timeout, and then run in another touchdown to make it 42-20.

Bobby Petrino is a classless jerk in my opinion, and I hope Louisville meets someone in a bowl game that returns the favor on them. I would love to see the Cardinals get the ever loving snot beat out of them. It couldn't happen to a more deserving jackass than this guy.

i watched bits & pieces, but missed the cheap score at the end. a bit lame. the first 27 seconds was pretty cool. PITT fumbled the opening Kickoff & UofL recovered in the EZ. On the ensuing kickoff, PITT ran it back for a TD. cool stuff. not a big fan of the all-black uni's for UofL, but hey, i went to grad school at UK. i'm not supposed to like 'em. haha. :D

Makes me a little happier every day that "Jetgate" wasn't successful.

Was it just me, or was that the worst looking 22 point win I have ever seen though?

:puke:

I didn't get to watch much after the first two TD's. What a way to start a football game. Judging by the very late TD by Louisville, I am even more thankful that Jetgate backfired.

AGREED! petrino has let his true colors really shine through. I may be remembering incorrectly but it seems like he ran it up on a couple of people last year. :thumbsdown:

yeah the beginning of that game was awesome!!! It was cool because I was watching him on the sidelines getting preached to by Wanstedt and you could tell he was hating himself for dropping the ball. A bunch of players kept coming up to him giving him words of encouragement. Then he goes out there and totally makes up for it.

Probably one of the most exciting first 25 seconds in a football game i have ever seen.

You know, I was on the phone with my brother-in-law from PA (a PSU fan - WE ARE...) anyway he was debating on if he was going to bet the game or not and he asked me my opinion, I asked what THE SPREAD WAS AND HE SAID 20 & 1/2.

Coincidence...HMMMMMM...I don't know? :blink:

What pissed me off was that it was even brought by the commentators..Turdstreit and whoever it was with him....can't remember his name. I saw it coming, they were talking about Petrino and what he had done at Louisville and how they were winning and getting big recruits, blah blah blah...and of course they brought up the crap about Auburn and him interviewing at LSU. Let it go already!! What ever they got to do now to smear CTT good name.

I flipped it on as the 3rd qtr was starting 22-20 L'ville, I was suprised b/c I knew Pitt stunk....L'ville then pulled away and then got the late lame TD instead of sitting on it. :no:

I dont really see a problem with this, it wasnt like he had them by their throats the entire game and crushed them relentlessly, he had his 2nd string tailback in, he ran a play, and just happened to score. We did the same thing against USC and Ball State, 63 - 3, i mean cmon guys

I'm not sure this is the "classless" act it's being made out to be. Here is the drive in total. Louisville took over with 9:44 to play.

Louisville - 9:44

1st-10, LOU20 9:44 B. Brohm passed to M. Jones to the right for 7 yard gain

2nd-3, LOU27 9:00 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

1st-10, LOU31 8:33 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, LOU34 7:52 K. Smith rushed to the right for 15 yard gain

1st-10, LOU49 7:17 LOU committed 5 yard penalty

1st-15, LOU44 7:00 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-12, LOU47 6:18 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 11 yard gain

3rd-1, PITT42 5:31 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

1st-10, PITT38 5:03 K. Smith rushed to the right for 5 yard gain

2nd-5, PITT33 4:21 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

3rd-2, PITT30 3:41 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

1st-10, PITT28 3:19 G. Stripling rushed up the middle for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PITT15 2:50 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, PITT11 2:03 G. Stripling rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

3rd-5, PITT10 1:55 G. Stripling rushed to the left for 6 yard gain

1st-4, PITT4 1:27 K. Smith rushed to the right for no gain

2nd-4, PITT4 0:44 K. Smith rushed to the right for 4 yard touchdown. A. Carmody made PAT

Things to note:

1. Louisville ran 15 straight running plays. Six of them were straight up the middle.

2. At some point, Pitt has got to realize UL isn't going to throw the ball. If you know the run is coming and you don't stop it, whose fault is that?

3. K. Smith, the RB that ran over half those 15 rushing plays is Louisville's third string tailback. Stripling is the 2nd stringer and he got the other 7 carries.

4. Finally, and this isn't in the above notes, according to the Louisville people I've talked to, it was Pitt that called the timeout and it was at 1:55, not 40 seconds left. ESPN and CollegeSports.com conflict on who the timeout was charged to.

http://livestats.www.collegesports.com/liv...2/gt_index.html

(you'll have to have Flash installed and then, click on the "Play by Play" tab on the left hand side, wait for it to load, then scroll down to the 4th quarter to see it.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?g...70097&quarter=4

Personally, this doesn't come off as classless as I initially thought. Nothing fancy, just running it up the gut with the 3rd string RB. If Pitt can't stop it when they know it's coming, that's their fault.

I'm not sure this is the "classless" act it's being made out to be.  Here is the drive in total.  Louisville took over with 9:44 to play.

Louisville - 9:44

1st-10, LOU20 9:44 B. Brohm passed to M. Jones to the right for 7 yard gain

2nd-3, LOU27 9:00 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

1st-10, LOU31 8:33 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, LOU34 7:52 K. Smith rushed to the right for 15 yard gain

1st-10, LOU49 7:17 LOU committed 5 yard penalty

1st-15, LOU44 7:00 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-12, LOU47 6:18 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 11 yard gain

3rd-1, PITT42 5:31 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 4 yard gain

1st-10, PITT38 5:03 K. Smith rushed to the right for 5 yard gain

2nd-5, PITT33 4:21 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

3rd-2, PITT30 3:41 K. Smith rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain

1st-10, PITT28 3:19 G. Stripling rushed up the middle for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PITT15 2:50 G. Stripling rushed to the right for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, PITT11 2:03 G. Stripling rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

3rd-5, PITT10 1:55 G. Stripling rushed to the left for 6 yard gain

1st-4, PITT4 1:27 K. Smith rushed to the right for no gain

2nd-4, PITT4 0:44 K. Smith rushed to the right for 4 yard touchdown. A. Carmody made PAT

Things to note:

1.  Louisville ran 15 straight running plays.  Six of them were straight up the middle.

2.  At some point, Pitt has got to realize UL isn't going to throw the ball.  If you know the run is coming and you don't stop it, whose fault is that?

3.  K. Smith, the RB that ran over half those 15 rushing plays is Louisville's third string tailback.  Stripling is the 2nd stringer and he got the other 7 carries.

4.  Finally, and this isn't in the above notes, according to the Louisville people I've talked to, it was Pitt that called the timeout and it was at 1:55, not 40 seconds left.  ESPN and CollegeSports.com conflict on who the timeout was charged to.

http://livestats.www.collegesports.com/liv...2/gt_index.html

(you'll have to have Flash installed and then, click on the "Play by Play" tab on the left hand side, wait for it to load, then scroll down to the 4th quarter to see it.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?g...70097&quarter=4

Personally, this doesn't come off as classless as I initially thought.  Nothing fancy, just running it up the gut with the 3rd string RB.  If Pitt can't stop it when they know it's coming, that's their fault.

195016[/snapback]

My point exactly

Good post...Thank you for enlightening me. I just saw clips and did not have the entire story....OMG! Sounds like and :ua: fan. I feel so dirty!

I was dozing on and off throughout the game, but I regained consciousness with about 1:50 left on the clock. I heard the announcer say that UL had called the timeout. They went on to score an unnecessary TD and that is what got my dandruff up.

Brohm was in the game until the end, and the only reason the backup RB was in the game was because the starter hurt his foot. I've seen too many Louisville games to not understand Bobby's lack of sportsmanship. To echo Tigermike's dead on point, I am so happy Jetgate was unsuccessful. Even though he would be the kind of guy to hang 50 on the Tahd, I would not like having this classless POS leading our team.

What ever happend to sportsmanship? UL had a 15 point lead with the ball and time for only 2 plays remaining. Why not take a knee? Is Pitt magically going to score 2 TD's with 2 point conversions to win the game? Highly unlikely. Petrino should have done the right thing and shown a little class.

Well, if I were a coach, that's what I would have done. Something even more "twisting the knife" about driving down to your opponent's 4 yard line, THEN taking a knee because you've proven your point. But a run up the middle by the 3rd string RB should be essentially the same thing as a kneel, especially when it's the 15th straight running play. If the defense can't muster up enough pride to load up to stop the running play that every one in the state knows is coming, they sort of deserve their fate.

Archived