Iron Bowl stats & facts

StatTiger

Since 1987...

Auburn leads the series, 10-8-0.

Auburn is 5-2-0 at home.

Auburn has averaged 16 pts per game, 117 rushing, 204 passing and 321 total.

Alabama has averaged 17 pts per game, 137 rushing, 197 passing and 334 total.

The team with the most rushing yards is 16-2-0

The team with the most rushing attempts is 17-1-0

When one of the teams rushes for at least 150 yards, they are 9-2-0.

When one of the teams is held to under 100 rushing, they are 3-9-0.

The team with 20 or more pts is 10-4-0. Auburn is 5-1-0 with 20 or more pts.

The team with 2 picks or more is 5-9-0.

The team with 30 or more pass attempts is 4-10-0.

Auburn is 3-0-0, when they pass for 250 or more yards. Alabama is 1-3-0.

When one of the team's gains at least 350 yards in total offense, they are 8-2-0.

When one of the teams averages 8 yards or more on pass attempts, they are 9-3-0. ( Big plays in a tight game )

WDE :au::football::cheer:

Its all about the running game, and I've got no problem putting Kenny Irons and company up against any defense in the country.

Also, the team that scores the most points is 18-0. :big:

That 17-1 mark kinda jumps right out at you doesn't it? I'm also a little surprised that the team with 2 picks does not have a better record. Good work as usual stat! :thumbsup:

Its all about the running game, and I've got no problem putting Kenny Irons and company up against any defense in the country.

198436[/snapback]

Rushing yardage and attempts is kind of a deceptive stat. Usually, the team that wins has the most yards and attempts. Also, however, if a team is winning a game, it will probably have more attempts and probably more yards. The key is taking an early lead and hlding onto it.

Stat, what about the team that scores first? Leads going into halftime?

I don't think he would have that kind of information if I understand the way he keeps his stats correctly. I can only remember back to 2000 on the team that scores first, but that team is 4-1 (last year being the exception) Half time leads, I can only remember back to 98, and the team leading is 5-2 (98 and 04)

Stat, with your infinite resources ;) , we all hear about how you can throw the records out when the IB is played. Sometime back, I remember someone showing that the favored team in this series has won most of the games. The "throw the records out" is a media hype. Could you look at the last "x" years and see what is true. I believe that the team with the best record has won 80% or more of the games. Now sometimes there is a difference between having the best record entering this game and being the favored team i.e. this year. Also, I know of one year the records were the same (10-0) but uat was the favorite that year and won.

Stat, with your infinite resources  ;) , we all hear about how you can throw the records out when the IB is played. Sometime back, I remember someone showing that the favored team in this series has won most of the games. The "throw the records out" is a media hype. Could you look at the last "x" years and see what is true. I believe that the team with the best record has won 80% or more of the games. Now sometimes there is a difference between having the best record entering this game and being the favored team i.e. this year. Also, I know of one year the records were the same (10-0) but uat was the favorite that year and won.

198580[/snapback]

Since 1961:

In years, Auburn finished the season with more wins than Alabama, they are 11-2-0 in the Iron Bowl. Alabama is 24-1-0. In the years both teams finsihed the season with the same number of wins, Auburn is 5-1-0.

That is a combined record of 35-3-0 ( .921 ) in years, one team has the higher number of wins.

Archived