TV Coverage/Commentary Pathetic

aucanucktiger

Was Vern Lundquist drunk the entire 4th quarter? These clowns in the booth were talking about everything but football for most of the game ("Is ice skater Elvis Stoico is in the building?"). Of the hundreds of interesting Ironbowl, AU or Bama facts, they ask who were the Bama brothers that played together in 1912!?! Until the 4th quarter, it was like listening to Eli Gold, everthing happened either because of what BAMA did or what BAMA didn't do. Todd Blackledge called Bama's quarterback Tim Croyle at one point, however. The network broke away so many time for other game highlights and commercials, I had to flip on the channel indicater every now and then to make sure I was still watching the Ironbowl. As the clock is ticking down on Auburn's victory, Vern sepnt most of the last 2 minutes talking about Petrinogate. How many years ago was that? Anybody hear Bama's cheating mentioned? Our sports information dept. needs to get up to the caliber of our football team.

War Eagle...hell will freeze over before we have a media ally.

Agree. The overall bias was in favor of uat. I can't believe they never came out & said the obvious: uat's 9-0 record & stats were compiled against inferior competition. Our fans could be heard in the background chanting, "Over-Rated! {clap, clap, clap-clap-clap,} OVER-RATED!" As soon as uat faced some tough competition (i.e. LSU & AU) they folded like a cheap K-Mart deck chair. :lol::lol:

UT's loss to Vandy today and UF's loss to USC last week was proof postive that uat hadn't faced any real competition until the last two weeks.

Was Vern Lundquist drunk the entire 4th quarter? These clowns in the booth were talking about everything but football for most of the game ("Is ice skater Elvis Stoico is in the building?"). Of the hundreds of interesting Ironbowl, AU or Bama facts, they ask who were the Bama brothers that played together in 1912!?! Until the 4th quarter, it was like listening to Eli Gold, everthing happened either because of what BAMA did or what BAMA didn't do. Todd Blackledge called Bama's quarterback Tim Croyle at one point, however. The network broke away so many time for other game highlights and commercials, I had to flip on the channel indicater every now and then to make sure I was still watching the Ironbowl. As the clock is ticking down on Auburn's victory, Vern sepnt most of the last 2 minutes talking about Petrinogate. How many years ago was that? Anybody hear Bama's cheating mentioned? Our sports information dept. needs to get up to the caliber of our football team.

War Eagle...hell will freeze over before we have a media ally.

199679[/snapback]

Yeah ol VERN mentions Patrinogate EVERYTIME we play on CBS. I think we all know the story by now Vern. Give it a rest.

Archived