Borges Book

SCWarEagle

I'm sure a lot of you know about this book already. It's called "Coaching the West Coast Quarterback". I am not a coach, but I was watching some tape of the Bama game last night, and I am just amazed at some of the plays we've been running this year.

Honestly, the play Al called on the 1st touchdown to Ben O vs Bama was just outstanding. I really have never noticed anything like it. If you watch the play, as Brandon fakes a pitch to the right, half of our OL pulls out to "block" for the phantom ballcarrier, leaving Brandon's blindside totally exposed as he rolls back to the left.

The thing is, no one rushes him at all from that side because the fake was sold SO well. The Bama D linemen completely take themselves 10 yards in the wrong direction and out of the play. They see our OL pulling, and they pull right along with them. It's just brilliant. Watch it yourself a few times if you can and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I just decided that I had to order the book, if for no other reason that to put some money in Al's pocket. I'll send in a book review as soon as I read it.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

Archived