My how the mighty have fallen

MDM4AU

In response to Doug Segrest's comment that Auburn is a "favorite for the 2006 national championship" - Doug, you're a big bonehead.

Auburn had only 250 yards of total offense against Alabama and was beaten 18-7 in the last 50 minutes of Saturday's game against a Bama team playing tons of freshmen and sophomores. Auburn loses 50 percent of its starters. What year did you graduate from AU? Steve Hines, -- Hoover --

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

My how the mighty have fallen. Are they going to order rings for winning a half of the Iron Bowl again? Also, did UAT just give up on Defense 10 minutes into the game and start playing "tons of freshmen and sophmores?" I could have sworn that I saw that #1 defense out there the entire game trying not to let Auburn embarrass them anymore than they did in the first quarter.

I am truly loving this win and what it has done to the psyche of the Turd Nation! :lol:

What is great about those statements is that they are pretty much prevalent in the Tide nation. In fact like an actual red tide, those thoughts have now made the move from random delusional fantasy to universal belief in the Crimson Nation. Just as they are convinced that John Parker Wilson will be the second coming of Joe Namouth & Ken Stabler.

So they won the first half last year and the second half this year.... So they're really "one and one" against AU over the last two years?!?!?!?!?! :poke:

Maybe 2006 is the year that CTT decides not to let up after the game is in hand and puts 60 points or so on them. Wonder how they will spin that into a moral victory? As much as I understand and agree with CTT's philosophy of backing off once the game is won, I do wish, for once, that he would simply demolish the Mighty Tahd and shut them up for a year.

In response to Doug Segrest's comment that Auburn is a "favorite for the 2006 national championship" - Doug, you're a big bonehead.

Auburn had only 250 yards of total offense against Alabama and was beaten 18-7 in the last 50 minutes of Saturday's game against a Bama team playing tons of freshmen and sophomores. Auburn loses 50 percent of its starters. What year did you graduate from AU? Steve Hines, -- Hoover --

I was not aware that football games are now only 50 minutes long. I was also unaware that Auburn is losing 11 starters, but I assume that's both O and D. Gee, I hope we have recruited well enough so there's someone to fill those missing holes. ;) (Last year Auburn lost vrtually all of its offense to graduation, and we still scored more points this year than last. Hmmm.... )

Steve from Hoover is a tad off, though. Auburn outgained UAT 257 to 188 in total offense, with UAT having 10 extra plays on offense ( 66 to 56 ). UAT didn't beat AU 18-7 in the last 50 minutes. It was 18 - 14. (Ben O's run was at 4:01 left in the 1st qt ) And UAT's last score came w/ 0:23 seconds left. Frankly , it was closer to UAT LOSING 14 - 10 than anything. But since bammers are all about the moral victory, count that last td, if you want. :lol:

AUBURN is loosing 11 starters. If my count is correct, they will be loosing, 2 Offensive Tackles, 2 Defensive tackles, 3 WR's, 2 LB's, 1 FB, 1 TE.

technically, i think only 2 of the WRs are "starters." if that matters. they all played equal amounts.

on the bright side, 1 DT, 1 LB, FB, and TE are the only places where we don't have a guy with starting experience to come right in.

at WR: courtney taylor and pre have both started.

at OT: king dunlap and leon hart have both started.

at LB: kevin sears has started.

at DT: i believe josh thompson has started before.

the other DT is a mystery. the other WR is a mystery. the inside linebacker is a mystery (unless they move dede inside... they claimed he could do it before the season started). the FB is most likely mike mclaughlin. the TE is cole bennett along with some redshirt freshmen. looks okay to me.

Just reloading, Baby! Just reloading! :D

:au::homer:

...gotta love how Bama plays ball by the quarter these days--full games don't count. Perhaps someone with more time can go back and figure out how many "quarters" they lost this year. They certainly struggled against such "heavy-weights" as Ole Miss & Miss St. [Of course, counting by the quarter they might make Bear's record look even more glorious.]

Tommy Tuberville said distinctly on the Auburn Football Review Show that after getting ahead by three touchdowns we "took the air out of the ball" and went conservative. (As CTT often does) Bama should be happy we slowed down or the game would have been even more embarrassing for them. But if they continue to talk about winning "pieces" of the Iron Bowl, I hope CTT will blow them out by 40-50 points next time just to show them what "winning a half" means!

Contrast their whining to Auburn/LSU: Many of us may have bemoaned the fact of missing 5 field goals, but I don't remember many claiming a big "moral" victory even though we lead LSU in most statistic other than the score. A loss is a loss. If you want to look for silver linings, that's fine, but keep it to yourself as a way to lift your own spirits, don't announce to the world that you are hot stuff!

Ray Melick said it best in the Birmingham News this week:

...while there might be regrets down on The Plain, there will be no excuses. Tommy Tuberville took care of that after the Georgia game, when he was asked about having an outside shot at going back to Atlanta.

``We had our chance and LSU beat us," Tuberville said. ``If we don't go to Atlanta, it's our own fault."

No excuses. That's how you know a team has arrived, when it no longer feels compelled to offer up excuses for losing games. Besides, when you've won 22 of your last 24 games like Auburn has, nobody wants to listen to excuses anyway.

...the attitude is one that says no matter who is out there, you've got to get the job done. Injuries are just opportunities for someone else to step up and make a play...

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/rm...1660.xml&coll=2

Auburn had only 250 yards of total offense against Alabama and was beaten 18-7 in the last 50 minutes of Saturday's game against a Bama team playing tons of freshmen and sophomores

Tons of freshmen and sophomores?

Alabama Seniors 2005

defensive end Mark Anderson (Tulsa, Okla.), safety Justin Ballard (Eutaw), center Taylor Britt (Cullman), wide receiver/kick returner Brandon

Brooks (Birmingham), center JB Closner (San Antonio, Texas), receiver Jake Collins (Homewood), quarterback Brodie Croyle (Rainbow City),

defensive tackle Rudy Griffin (Hepzibah, Ga.), safety Roman Harper (Prattville), fullback Vic Horn (Huntsville), fullback Juke King (Theodore),

defensive end Stephen Kulback (Birmingham), snapper Drew Lane (Braxton, Miss.), cornerback Anthony Madison (Thomasville), fullback Greg

McLain (Heflin), receiver Matt Miller (Rainbow City), safety Charlie Peprah (Plano, Texas), linebacker Freddie Roach (Killen), linebacker DeMeco

Ryans (Bessemer), right guard Mark Sanders (Ashville), kicker Ryan Saxby (Jonesboro, Ga.), kicker Jeremy Schatz (Homewood) and receiver

Davis Steakley (Huntsville)

I don't know about you guys but I saw a lot of guys on this list on Pat Dye Field November 19th.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

My how the mighty have fallen. Are they going to order rings for winning a half of the Iron Bowl again? Also, did UAT just give up on Defense 10 minutes into the game and start playing "tons of freshmen and sophmores?" I could have sworn that I saw that #1 defense out there the entire game trying not to let Auburn embarrass them anymore than they did in the first quarter.

I am truly loving this win and what it has done to the psyche of the Turd Nation! :lol:

201680[/snapback]

Arent they losing 10 starters on defense? Talk about crazy.....

Let's put 70 on their sorry arses next season!!!!! Then we can just nail the pine box shut for another 20 years!!!!! :)

Who ever said uat was mighty? Oh, THEY did. Nevermind. :lol::lol::lol:

This was on another BB. I kept waiting to see it show up here but it has not so I thought I would post it. This is the funniest thing I have seen come out of the I.B. thusfar! To those of you who had a hand in this my hats off to you....

Here's to you Mr. Internet Bama Fan!

Bud Light presents, Real Men of Genius.

Reeeeeeeel men of geeeeniooooouuussssss!

Today we salute YOU, Mr. Internet Bama Fan!

Mr. Internet Bama Fan!

Only you realize the full weight of the NCAA's conspiracy against you. When other teams meekly accept that they pay players, you blame Tennessee. Even though you are dominated by your cross state rival you maintain, in the face of all facts, that you are the premier program. When your quarterback admits the truth you vilify him in public.

From crimson hero to crimson zero!

While other fans concern themselves with jobs and success in life, you vent your frustrations into the nether world of cyberspace.

Venting into cyberspace!

Your unfailing eye for details picks up things that no one else sees, including the officials, and the replay guy, and the people in the stands, and the four million watching at home. Only YOU realize that Kenny Irons fumbled before he crossed the goalline. Only your all seeing eye presents the foregone conclusion that the coin toss was the moment that decided the game.

Coin toss wins it all!

Other teams assume that quality of play determines who wins the game. Only you realize that moral victories and whether or not the opposing team's coach celebrates with his fans is more important than the actual score.

I won in spite of the score!

So here's to you oh arbiter of college football. Keep typing away in the sure knowledge of your irrelevance. And know this, win or lose, in your mind you always win.

Knowledge of irrelevance!

Mr. Internet Bama Fan!

Well, I guess it's official now--even Brodie is spouting the party line:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...3640.xml&coll=2

We lost to the No. 3 team in the country (LSU) in overtime and played one bad quarter against Auburn. If you look past the one quarter, we won the game 18-7.

If Brodie says it, it must be true, right? Guess none of those hits he took after the first quarter count... <_<

How dare Auburn score 28 points -sack the skinny kid in the dark pink jersey ELEVEN times- and put the game away in the first quarter. WHAT were we thinking? :au::cheer:

:lol::lol::lol:

2004 - Bammer's claim to win 1st & 2nd quarters

2005 - Bammer's claim to win 2nd, 3rd & 4th quarters

Will they change their record book and add 1 more game? :)

Am I the only one who finds this passage from that article hilarious?

"Literally, we pray between every play - his mom (Teresa) and I do - and just ask God to be merciful and let him get up," John Croyle said. "When he gets really hammered, his mom just buries her head in my shoulder and screams, `Is he up?' I'll say, `Yes, he's up.' That's our concern: Get up. His whole focus is, you never lay down. That's why he gets up (quickly)."

Am I the only one who finds this passage from that article hilarious?

"Literally, we pray between every play - his mom (Teresa) and I do - and just ask God to be merciful and let him get up," John Croyle said. "When he gets really hammered, his mom just buries her head in my shoulder and screams, `Is he up?' I'll say, `Yes, he's up.' That's our concern: Get up. His whole focus is, you never lay down. That's why he gets up (quickly)."

202148[/snapback]

There is nothing wrong with parents praying for their son. Bad that they have to pray so much during a football game. That statement says more about the Tide's offensive line than any by the experts.

For Bama the good news is, they return almost their entire offensive line.

For Bama the bad news is, they return almost their entire offensive line.

Wait, you mean uat HAS an offensive line? :blink:

Archived