ATTN: Birmingham Area AUNation Members!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

As TigerMike and I were having lunch today, we discussed having a meet and greet one afternoon or a lunch one day at noon somewhere in the B'ham area for those interested. I guess since it was my idea, I am in charge of organizing this little soiree'. Also, I figured we needed another sticky for people to start a thread about having too many stickys. So, therefore, I need your help in deciding what to do or whether to do this at all. Please answer the following questions and post your answers.

1) Homewood or Hoover? Our theory is that most folks work somewhere convenient to these two areas, but if you have other ideas, let us know.

2) Lunch or Happy Hour? My personal preference is Happy Hour.

3) Interested or not?

4) Do we want to do this now and bask in the glory of "4" or wait until the new year and bask in the glory of beating Wisconsin?

5) Should David foot the bill? I vote yes on this one, but it might get vetoed. I am reminded that were are not a democracy.

Disclaimer: This event is neither endorsed nor affiliated with the AUNation website. Any expense will be borne by the participants of the event. Not responsible for hook-ups, divorce proceedings or alcohol recovery programs. Environmentally friendly.

I might could make it to something, sometime. I nominate a happy hour/night gig at On Tap...either the one in Southside or on 280. Both are nice places, but typically not too terribly crowded. Probably best between Dec. 15 (cause I'm out of school then) and the new year. That way we can discuss 4, as well as the upcoming bowl game. I am more than willing to allow the site to cover any expenses/costs/damages/arrest warrants I may incur. :D

:au:

great idea....

1) Hoover I work off of 31 and have a very strict lunch hour

2)hmm lunch

3)yup

4)i go for now

5)yes yes yes YES! :big:

As TigerMike and I were having lunch today, we discussed having a meet and greet one afternoon or a lunch one day at noon somewhere in the B'ham area for those interested.  I guess since it was my idea, I am in charge of organizing this little soiree'.  Also, I figured we needed another sticky for people to start a thread about having too many stickys.  So, therefore, I need your help in deciding what to do or whether to do this at all.  Please answer the following questions and post your answers. 

1)  Homewood or Hoover?  Our theory is that most folks work somewhere convenient to these two areas, but if you have other ideas, let us know. 

2)  Lunch or Happy Hour?  My personal preference is Happy Hour. 

3)  Interested or not? 

4)  Do we want to do this now and bask in the glory of "4" or wait until the new year and bask in the glory of beating Wisconsin?

5)  Should David foot the bill?  I vote yes on this one, but it might get vetoed.  I am reminded that were are not a democracy. 

Disclaimer:  This event is neither endorsed nor affiliated with the AUNation website.  Any expense will be borne by the participants of the event.  Not responsible for hook-ups, divorce proceedings or alcohol recovery programs.  Environmentally friendly.

203026[/snapback]

1. Homewood

2. Happy Hour

3. yes, interested

4. do it now

I'm all for it and have no preference on Hoover or Homewood. Just give me the details and I will show.

Happy Hour works best for me because at lunch I could be in Haleyville, Winfield, Oneonta, Cullman, Addison, Hamilton, Birmingham, Hanceville...you get the picture. :big:

1) Given the choices, Homewood would be best for me.

2) Happy hour. I like to get reeaaal happy. But I'll take it easy if I'm driving.

3) Well, if I'm replying, you can assume I'm interested ;)

4) Doesn't matter.

5) Sure!

As TigerMike and I were having lunch today, we discussed having a meet and greet one afternoon or a lunch one day at noon somewhere in the B'ham area for those interested.  I guess since it was my idea, I am in charge of organizing this little soiree'.  Also, I figured we needed another sticky for people to start a thread about having too many stickys.  So, therefore, I need your help in deciding what to do or whether to do this at all.  Please answer the following questions and post your answers. 

1)  Homewood or Hoover?  Our theory is that most folks work somewhere convenient to these two areas, but if you have other ideas, let us know. 

2)  Lunch or Happy Hour?  My personal preference is Happy Hour. 

3)  Interested or not? 

4)  Do we want to do this now and bask in the glory of "4" or wait until the new year and bask in the glory of beating Wisconsin?

5)  Should David foot the bill?  I vote yes on this one, but it might get vetoed.  I am reminded that were are not a democracy. 

Disclaimer:  This event is neither endorsed nor affiliated with the AUNation website.  Any expense will be borne by the participants of the event.  Not responsible for hook-ups, divorce proceedings or alcohol recovery programs.  Environmentally friendly.

203026[/snapback]

1. Homewood, since I live there :D

2. Happy Hour maybe around 5:30 pm, On Tap or Buffalo Wild Wings sounds like a great idea

3. Yep, Interested

4. Either way

5. Yes, greatest idea ever mentioned :big:

1) Homewood or Hoover? Either

2) Lunch or Happy Hour? Depends

3) Interested or not? Yes

4) After the bowl game. (But whatever everyone agrees on)

5) We will let him slide on the bill, but it would be great if he could come down.

You guys give me some notice and I will be there.

And I have come into a little money lately....

203110[/snapback]

Based on this post...

1) Either would be fine

2) Evening would be better

3) Yes

4) After the bowl game (waaaay too much Christmas shopping traffic going on now)

5) Definately!!!

I have only been a member for a month or so now, but would like to take this opportunity to meet some of you whom I have been conversing with for a while now.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ok, the preliminary votes are in and we have some claer winners:

The get together will be held before Christmas (and we might make this a monthly or quarterly thing if folks have a good time), after work and at a sportsbar type place, based on recommendations.

I propose the following:

Monday, December 19th, 2005

On Tap Sports Bar on 280 in Hoover

5:30 PM until...

They have food and drinks. Monday night should be slow enough to where we don't have to compete with a bunch of jacklegs like on Thursday night. This seems to be about as convenient a place as anyplace. There was actually a bigger push for Homewood, but the best place up here is Oak Hill and it is rather small.

So, unless anyone has big objections, this is the plan. If it changes or expands, we will post and let everyone know.

Mark your calendars!

sounds good to me... i just have to remember where on tap is......i think it is in the shopping center the corner of 280 and valleydale correct???

Well, it looks like everything has been decided. This is the first I've read of the get-together, but it is a great idea. I have never had a chance to make it by any of the AUNation tailgates, so this will give me a great chance to meet some of you. I am looking forward to it!

War Damn AUNation.net!

Ok, the preliminary votes are in and we have some claer winners:

The get together will be held before Christmas (and we might make this a monthly or quarterly thing if folks have a good time), after work and at a sportsbar type place, based on recommendations.

I propose the following:

Monday, December 19th, 2005

On Tap Sports Bar on 280 in Hoover

5:30 PM until...

They have food and drinks.  Monday night should be slow enough to where we don't have to compete with a bunch of jacklegs like on Thursday night.  This seems to be about as convenient a place as anyplace.  There was actually a bigger push for Homewood, but the best place up here is Oak Hill and it is rather small. 

So, unless anyone has big objections, this is the plan.  If it changes or expands, we will post and let everyone know.

Mark your calendars!

203592[/snapback]

Aw man, I would love to come. That's my b'day and you guys could buy my dinner. Just be sure to raise your glass to me that night! :)

I'm gonna try to be there. It's on my calendar, assuming nothing ends up conflicting at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time, will post more later.

Very impressed with turnout. Saw/Met Ward Miller for the first time. Great guy I owe a lot to. AWK and supperclub were great to meet. CaptLiger, a little shy but a good man. Saw Tigger again too. She is the only multiple meet and greet attendee so far. :thumbsup: Says a lot to me...

AUtailgating rules out drank me..... ;)

More later

Archived