Defensive Line Prospect-Odom

tigerman1186

Read where Reggie Odom was visited by Coach Price yesterday....Living in the area and watching him play, I would hope we would stay away from him....a real under achiever.....didn't make 1st team all conference which was selected by the coaches in the conference.....Also heard he was waiting on an offer from Miami, if so, was going there.....he's is not on the weightlfting team and their school won the state last year....I know the staff does an excellent job recruiting and coaching, but I would hope we stay away from him....don't ever seeing him reaching his potential....because he never did in high school....

Read where Reggie Odom was visited by Coach Price yesterday....Living in the area and watching him play, I would hope we would stay away from him....a real under achiever.....didn't make 1st team all conference which was selected by the coaches in the conference.....Also heard he was waiting on an offer from Miami, if so, was going there.....he's is not on the weightlfting team and their school won the state last year....I know the staff does an excellent job recruiting and coaching, but I would hope we stay away from him....don't ever seeing him reaching his potential....because he never did in high school....

203913[/snapback]

bama has offered him.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Personally, even if I know a kid or have some access to them, I will leave the evaluation of the kid's abilities and attitude up to the coaches. They seem to have a good feel fo rthings like that.

So, if Coach Price says that he is a DL prospect that we want, I say we support the Auburn coaches. Yes, they make a mistake from time to time, but overall, they have been great judges of who fits into the Auburn system and environment.

If they think he is worth it, then there is no doubt that Dunn and Price will coach him up and get him to his potential. No doubt there are a lot of guys who can be studs in high school on natural ability alone - get a guy like this in under some senior leadership and peer pressure, and he will blow up.

Just leave the character assessments to the coaching staff - their judgment has been pretty solid so far............

Anyone know how many more d-lineman we're looking to add? Because it seems like we're going after a ton of linemen, and a lot of them seem to have interest in Auburn. Looking at DEs alone theres Cunningham, Raven Gray, and Whitehead as guys that are interested. At DT theres several more as well, and we already have 4 DT Commits.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Anyone know how many more d-lineman we're looking to add?  Because it seems like we're going after a ton of linemen, and a lot of them seem to have interest in Auburn.  Looking at DEs alone theres Cunningham, Raven Gray, and Whitehead as guys that are interested.  At DT theres several more as well, and we already have 4 DT Commits.

204036[/snapback]

We have a history of taking DLs and making OLs out of them. The theory is that DLs are taught to be more aggressive and are typically faster and better athletes. Don't be surprised if some of these guys end up on the O line, where you can never have too many good players.

Archived