Thought to ponder, a question maybe...

DKW 86

On many boards there is a Rumor about Rader to Rice. Now, I kind of find it hard to believe anyone would want him really bad.

But, I know many Tide fans want him gone. Here's the question.

Is Lee Roy Jordan on the BOT or is he a big booster out at Rice? I was just wondering if maybe a Bama insider might be trying to lure Rader away from Tuscaloosa so they can hire them a much better OC.

This is just an info gathering post on my part.

I don't know the answer to your question about the booster, but the fact is, even if Rader does go somewhere else and they bring in Norm Chow or any other renowned OC, they will be running Gilligan's offensive scheme. His offensive track record in the NFL and at UAT speaks for itself.

On many boards there is a Rumor about Rader to Rice. Now, I kind of find it hard to believe anyone would want him really bad.

Is Lee Roy Jordan on the BOT or is he a big booster out at Rice? I was just wondering if maybe a Bama insider might be trying to lure Rader away from Tuscaloosa so they can hire them a much better OC.

205972[/snapback]

As should be expected, Lee Roy Jordan is nowhere near the Board of Trustees of a distinguished University such as Rice

I don't know the answer to your question about the booster, but the fact is, even if Rader does go somewhere else and they bring in Norm Chow or any other renowned OC, they will be running Gilligan's offensive scheme.  His offensive track record in the NFL and at UAT speaks for itself.

205973[/snapback]

I can't believe any Bama supporters seriously think Norm Chow would come to Tuscaloosa, although I've seen several toss his name about in the illusion that their "tradition" still carries enough magic to attract him. After USC and the pros, OC at Tuscaloosa would be a big step backwards for him. His next college job will be as a head coach, IMO. Chow at UAT is pure fantasy--or the koolaid speaking.

But back to the point: You're absolutley right about Shula, in my opinion. He'll never give a good OC a free hand, but at the same time will always be only mediocre at running the offense himself. Rader may not be doing the job for them, but I don't see them attracting anyone significantly better either.

My crystal ball says Shula hangs on a few more years, then Bama starts looking for a new HC. I don't think a proven, top name would want the job and the koolaid-generated pressure, but I fear they might accidentally stumble into a young up-and-comer who turns out to be good (as we did with CTT). That's the only way they'll really "return to the top", IMO. And they may well lose their one good coordinator, Kines, to greener pastures before then.

205972[/snapback]

I too seriously doubt that Jordan is on the BOT at Rice. The last time I saw him, he was selling playground equipment and trying to use his name to do that...

Archived