Recruiting is providing an interesting

Shug2003

a lot of prospects. I can't ever remember a time when the "big schools" have filled up their rosters faster than this year. Perhaps the "web" and the "Information highway" has facilitated more rapid communication or perhaps it has provided more information for recruits prior to a visit. In any event, at this moment:

Florida has 26 Verbals Oversigned

Georgia has 24 Verbals Lack 1 without oversigning

LSWHO has 20 Verbals Lack 5 without oversigning

Bammers have 17 verbals Lack 8 without oversigning again

Tennessee 17 Verbals Limit would be 8 more without oversigning.

Now since these are our major competetors, and unless I'm missing something, there are still a LOT of highly rated prospects out there with no home. Granted, you can oversign but do outstanding players want to be part of oversigning? No!

This is especially puzzling when one reviews some of these players choices for visits. Despite a full house, many still list Florida, Georgia, LSU and tennessee as possible choices.

Alabama still has several highly rated players who are uncommitted. i.e. Hawthorne, Smith, Goggins (soft for UT) Ricks, Whitehead, Culpepper, etc.

Georgia has Byron Isom and Bo Harris, Tennessee has Berry and McClendon (soft UT), Mississippi has Cordera Eason, and Carolina has Clifton Geathers. There are still several others in each of these states I haven't mentioned as well as in Kentucky and Louisiana.

Do you guys see this working out for our benefit and if not why?

I've heard that we won't sign our alloted 25, why? I don't know.......Also, bammer has 20 players already, 3 of them are Greyshirts from last year that are counted on this years class, but their stars don't get counted..........I think it's retarded that they count the player's stars even if they don't qualify (ie. Mike Ford, Nikita, Greg Smith, Raven), hell Mike Ford might not qualify again, but yet he gets counted, then when they get out of JUCO they get counted once again........This makes bama look like they're recruiting really good, when 3 or 4 of the Top players don't even qualify. I just don't want bammer to have anything to be Happy about.

a lot of prospects. I can't ever remember a time when the "big schools" have filled up their rosters faster than this year. Perhaps the "web" and the "Information highway" has facilitated more rapid communication or perhaps it has provided more information for recruits prior to a visit. In any event, at this moment:

Florida  has 26 Verbals                      Oversigned

Georgia has 24 Verbals                    Lack 1 without oversigning

LSWHO has 20 Verbals                      Lack 5 without oversigning

Bammers have 17 verbals                Lack 8 without oversigning again

Tennessee 17 Verbals                      Limit would be 8 more without oversigning.

Now since these are our major competetors,  and unless I'm missing something, there are still a LOT of highly rated prospects out there with no home. Granted, you can oversign but do outstanding players want to be part of oversigning? No!

This is especially puzzling when one reviews some of these players choices for visits. Despite a full house, many still list Florida, Georgia, LSU and tennessee as possible choices.

Alabama still has several highly rated players who are uncommitted. i.e. Hawthorne, Smith,  Goggins (soft for UT) Ricks, Whitehead, Culpepper, etc.

Georgia has Byron Isom and Bo Harris, Tennessee has Berry and McClendon (soft UT), Mississippi has Cordera Eason, and Carolina has Clifton Geathers. There are still several others in each of these states I haven't mentioned as well as in Kentucky and Louisiana.

Do you guys see this working out for our benefit and if not why?

206888[/snapback]

Isom is choosing between Au and Cocks not Georgia. Berry is the same. I think you count on both of them signing with AU.

I will go out on a limb and say that a certain OL that is expected to go to the smaller school in west Al. will become an Auburn Tiger...Time will tell. B)

From what I have heard, AU will only sign 20 - 21 players this year.

I have heard that as well. I guessed that is b/c of redshirting so many players the past few seasons and the roster limit.

Also, McClendon is now a firm committ to UT.

I will go out on a limb and say that a certain OL that is expected to go to the smaller school in west Al. will become an Auburn Tiger...Time will tell.  B)

If your speaking of Smith, you may be the only one on that thin limb. Ricks?

I have been on thin limbs before and many have broken. :D

Just a hunch. That and 50 cents will buy you an ice cold Coke. B)

Come on guys, lets have some fun with this since none of us really knows what's going to happen!

I predict:

Jemarcus Ricks- Bammer

Tim Hawthorne- Auburn or Georgia

Byron Isom- Auburn

Andre Smith- Bammer (I think he was all along)

Cordera Eason- Auburn or Bammer

Mike Berry- Auburn

Mike Goggans- Bammer

Demetrius Culpepper- Auburn

Deantwarn Whitehead- Auburn or Bammer

Others like Gilbert, Geathers, Mullins, Patterson, Stevens, Alexander and Olson are too hard to predict. WDE! Anyway. :cheer::big:

I've heard that we won't sign our alloted 25, why?  I don't know.......Also, bammer has 20 players already, 3 of them are Greyshirts from last year that are counted on this years class, but their stars don't get counted..........I think it's retarded that they count the player's stars even if they don't qualify (ie. Mike Ford, Nikita, Greg Smith, Raven), hell Mike Ford might not qualify again, but yet he gets counted, then when they get out of JUCO they get counted once again........This makes bama look like they're recruiting really good, when 3 or 4 of the Top players don't even qualify.  I just don't want bammer to have anything to be Happy about.

207020[/snapback]

They count the stars again because they players are fair game again. Everyone of these kids who goes to prep school, juco, etc are all open to go to any school they want. And many of them do.

As far as our potential guys out there...

Hawthorne - Doesnt seem high on bama at all. He is playing the game so to speak, but i think he's UGA or AU

Whitehead - Same as hawthorne...just doesnt have much to say about us

Ricks - From a depth chart perspective, it makes no sense that he would pick au (AU already has verbals from 4 stud DTs and has talent already there)...but i still say he goes AU

Eason - I think he goes to Ole Miss...rumor mill is churning that Coach O is playing some seriously dirty pool

Smith - Bama bound

Goggans - UT

I think we sign this McElroy kid out of Texas at QB. I think Mustain is just having some fun.

I think we sign this McElroy kid out of Texas at QB. I think Mustain is just having some fun.

207602[/snapback]

No way. How many times do you get suckered before you wake up?

UGA will sign 26-28....

As for Hawthorne, he is Auburn's. He isn't going to come to us.

207689[/snapback]

I hope you are right! He is one of those kids who will get much better at the college level. I have heard several HS coaches and several recruiting "experts" say his best days are ahead of him. Providing of course there are no serious injuries.

On another note, did any of you hear Tom Lemming on Finebaum today? He said that AU was the dark horse to sign Andre Smith. He said most all think Smith will sign with Bama but he (Lemming) is not so sure. AS apparently liked what he saw at AU and likes the way the OL plays and are going on the the NFL. Who knows, but that is what he said.

AU also has a strong FCA program & Chette Williams is a strong leader. Also CTT makes a concerted effort to make sure the players make their grades and graduate. Both of which I have heard AS say were important to him.

Time will tell.

As for Hawthorne, he is Auburn's. He isn't going to come to us.

207689[/snapback]

How confident are you on that? Most reports indicate that Hawthorne has been high on Georgia for a while.

Well listen, I am sure I could be completely wrong but usually if a kid is semi on the fence....some insiders are saying we have a chance and blah blah...but for Hawthorne...I haven't heard a single one say that we really are going to get him. Seems he gives us high marks but isnt really considering us.

I think the admins on both recruiting boards and pretty confident he isn't coming here

I will go out on a limb and say that a certain OL that is expected to go to the smaller school in west Al. will become an Auburn Tiger...Time will tell. B)

207198[/snapback]

I'm with WarTim on this one. There is talk that Auburn is a dark horse

and may be making some positive moves in regard to this OL.

Maybe a HUGE upset in the making, or would it really be an upset

perhaps an intelligent choice.

207198[/snapback]

207791[/snapback]

Do we even have an official visit set with him?

207198[/snapback]

207791[/snapback]

Do we even have an official visit set with him?

207914[/snapback]

No, but he does not have an official visit set for Bama either. He has visited both schools several times and got the full treatment even though it was not an official visit. He has made official visits to FSU, LSU, Miami & USC. He is considering the option of announcing during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl live on national TV. So if you think he will commit to a school he has visited officially, both AU & UA are out in the cold.

The last official will probably come down to UA, AU or UT.

”In the end I will make the best decision for me. I will find the right fit. Signing Day will be the day.” Andre Smith

Archived