Update Initiating TUE Night / WED Morning

DKW 86

Due to SLOW server issues. We are now moving to a new server host. We will shut down the board Tuesday night. Likely around 10 PM or so. It will be completely shut off. There will be NO ACCESS to the message board for a time.

A link will be posted at http://aunation.net/ when the new site becomes operational if you wish to bookmark it now. Your bookmark for this site will work again, to the new site, but only after 2-3 days for some of you. The internet does not work in a flash guys. Updating the DNS System takes upto 72 hours depending on your ISP, Geography, etc.

We will then download the entire DB and then upload it to new server. We cannot take any posts during this event. Queries, reading /surfing the board, would just slow that process down more.

Once the DB is then uploaded, we will open the board on the new server sometime Wednesday Morning. All this is planned and will a normal event during the move.

We hope this will forever end the slow server issues we have had in the past. I myself have grown accustomed to our server host. I have truly enjoyed the friends we have at Rentech. They are the server host for Rivals too. However, they cannot provide us with a faster server for what I deem to be a reasonably competitive lease price. I wish we could stay with them, but I feel we must move on for the betterment of the board.

Thank you for your patience.

At the risk of it starting to sound like a lovefest in here, thank you for running the board and dealing with issues like this for those of us who are on the superinformation cul-de-sac.

No doubt about that...big props out to DKW.

I do have a question, though. I've tried to access the board using my Firefox browser and it's not letting me in. I can use IE to get here, but I was just curious as to what might be causing that problem.

No doubt about that...big props out to DKW.

I do have a question, though.  I've tried to access the board using my Firefox browser and it's not letting me in.  I can use IE to get here, but I was just curious as to what might be causing that problem.

208040[/snapback]

Could be a simple settings problem. Titan Tiger uses Firefox on a......MAC, there I said it. :big:

So check into your Firefox and see if you have the cookies shut off etc. Sounds like a simple fix on your end.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/

http://users.tns.net/~skingery/firefox/firefox_tips.html

David,

Are we still set on shutting the board down tonight for the server change?? Just checking.. May want to remind people in a regular thread, so that it will be noticed better. I admit, I often skip over the stickys... I know...shame on me... :no::no: I'm sure others do as well.... I'll post it there if you like...

Well folks, just restarted the DNS server, and looks like we are live on the new server... At least from my location...

Woohoo!!

:au:

Let the management know of any issues you may have now that the move is somewhat complete via PM...

Archived