Looking for a silver lining

McWeagle

HORRIBLE game...

...but...

...IF there is any good to come of this, besides the warm fuzzies for Barry Alvarez, maybe it's that our players and coaches are about to spend an entire offseason really, really pissed off. Pissed off and embarassed. Hopefully that will serve as fuel next fall.

I wish the outcome would've been different, no doubt... but had we won, we surely would've entered the '06 season even more full of ourselves than we apparently were today (See: '03).

No real consolation, but dangit, I'm trying to find something good to think about.....

PS - AU Player of the Game: Kody Bliss

winning for the coaches last game is no different than the seniors winning their last game for the coach and fans. We all fell into believing the hype, CTT needs to

really do some soul searching, because he blew it and a great opportunity.

Still question the long pass into the wind on the first drive,

keep it on the ground and show some imaginative play calling, Auburn never recovered from it. Man I'm sick :puke:

HORRIBLE game...

...but...

...IF there is any good to come of this, besides the warm fuzzies for Barry Alvarez, maybe it's that our players and coaches are about to spend an entire offseason really, really pissed off. Pissed off and embarassed. Hopefully that will serve as fuel next fall.

I wish the outcome would've been different, no doubt... but had we won, we surely would've entered the '06 season even more full of ourselves than we apparently were today (See: '03).

No real consolation, but dangit, I'm trying to find something good to think about.....

208435[/snapback]

No one was seriously hurt physically. Yes, it is emabrrassing. Especially, for me since I had to listen to the game around my boss today who is an avid bammer. He kept laughing and I kept score. Everytime he laughed I said 28-18. I told him I don't care about this game as much as them beating the pants off of bammer. Sure, it was embarrassing for me too. But it's water off a duck's back when compared to the November 19, 2005. I don't care about no stinkin' Bowl game unless it the SEC or National Championship. Hopefully, it will be a motivator for next year. Hopefully. And, as I stated before "Failure is it's own motivator."

Beat the following this year:

Washington State

Mississippi State

Temple

Tulane (HC)

South Carolina

Arkansas

Florida

LSU

Ole Miss

GEORGIA

Alabama

Then win the SEC Championship (CBS) Atlanta, GA and the National Championship.

My point is no one got hurt physically. Mentally remains to be seen. And, our recruiting will not be affected by this loss. Our redshirts will be at spring practice and we have a new football season to consider, moreover today's disappointment.

WAR "DAMN" EAGLE 2006!

Silver lining.

Tuberville will probably dump his the bowl game is a reward mentality and not treat it as a vacation like he did this one. Saw a quote by Dickens where he says they did too much vacationing, the players were overconfident, and that it was the players fault. Tuberville though has also said he failed to properly prepare the team. I like coaches taking the blame and then players taking the blame, means everyone is shouldering the burden from top to bottom.

Will have three years worth of players now that know what happens when you don't take preparations serious, or you opponent serious in the bowl season.

HORRIBLE game...

...but...

208435[/snapback]

Horrible game... we just didnt seem to get are offense clicking... but are defense was getting manhandled out there are secondary got tore up.., that was tough to watch but its over lets do it in 06

Silver lining.

Tuberville will probably dump his the bowl game is a reward mentality and not treat it as a vacation like he did this one. 

208460[/snapback]

Well he can't use that infamous asinine phrase of his: 'It's a preseason game...it doesn't count'

:rolleyes:

Looking for a silver lining

I didn't have to go to work today.

That's all I got right now.

not much of one...we were manhandled, no doubt about it...but consider this....how many teams in the country rack up OVER 500 yards of offense and come away with only 24 points....my guess is not many....

now....also we finished 9-3 in a season where we LOST OUR ENTIRE OFFENSIVE backfield from a 13-0 team... and one of those losses were in OT...

so, 9-3 and we beat Georgia and UAT which are our two biggest rivals..

The loss really hurts though I had to work and missed all but the beginning. But is there another game we played this year that you would have rather lost. Yes, this will hurt our preseason ranking, but we will be ranked high enough next year for it not to hurt us. If we were going to read the sport page and not show up this was the game. I'd much rather be unprepared this game than on the first one next year.

The silver lining is that they should carry the bitter taste in their mouths the entire offseason. As much as I hated watching them lose, especially in that fashion, maybe it will prove as motivation for next season.

They should still be pre-season top 10 next year, but whether they are 10 or 3, it will not matter if the top 2 go unscathed through the season anyway... :blink:

War Damn next season!

The silver lining is that they should carry the bitter taste in their mouths the entire offseason.  As much as I hated watching them lose, especially in that fashion, maybe it will prove as motivation for next season.

They should still be pre-season top 10 next year, but whether they are 10 or 3, it will not matter if the top 2 go unscathed through the season anyway... :blink:

War Damn next season!

208563[/snapback]

Too bad Auburn has to lose on national tv to get motivated for next season.

Seems there was plenty to get motivated for, the coaches played too much and it

translated to the play of the team

Well my head still hurts after the multiple shots that I had to take yesterday (for medicinal purposes) after the game. As all of you have said a lot better than I, there were a lot of things to be disappointed about......I can't say I remember us looking as flat agianst anyone in a bowl game since the Cotton bowl against Texas A & M.

Here are the silver linings I have come up with.......

1) We took it on the chin yesterday but that can be a good thing for our kids. I hate it for our seniors but they have been a part of something very wonderful up to this point, and I look for that to continue.

2) Congradulate what should be a VERY proud Wisconsin program and it's fans. Maybe some of the classiest people I have ever been around.

3) Don't fall into the trap that has entangled most of the bammers since conception....That trap being that you are going to win EVERY game all the time. It doesn't happen. (unless you play in the Pac 10 or Big LEast)I understand the disappointment and I wish as well that we would have had a better showing but we didn't. We will all get over it. Players, coaches, and fans.

4) We don't smell like corndogs.

5) We don't hump legs.

6) We don't turn on our program. Players or coaches!

7) And the largest silver lining of all..........

It is ALWAYS great to be an Auburn Tiger!

7) And the largest silver lining of all..........

It is ALWAYS great to be an Auburn Tiger!

No better way to put it than that!!!!!! I am proud of the team after all that we lost last season. There's a lot to be thankful for in this season.

Bowl Games can be deadly to young football teams after a long layoff. Bottom line.................. we are Auburn, and WE LOVE IT!

Archived