Hook em Horns

Raven_tiger

I agree. But we know that Pete is a master at halftime adjustments. UT get the ball first in the 2nd half, they better put it in the endzone, else thing could change in a hurry.

I'm glad we aren't playing either of these teams tonight. They are clearly the best I have seen for a half. Time for 2nd half. It should be interesting.

Why hasn't UT attempted a 2pt conversion??? Up by 5 pts (before the conversion) it's an automatic decision. :blink:

Maybe Mack Brown went to the Mark Richt school of counting... B)

One of the greatest games I've ever seen. Chizik gets his NC in his first year at UT.

AUsome. :cheer:

Plus, those smug SC players and fans are in meltdown. :roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Good grief, what a game. I knew it was over at the 6:45 mark, but V. Young is amazing. The Chizik D came through with some 4th down stops.

Instant classic. You can watch it tomorrow on ESPN Classic.

Why the heck was USC throwing the ball on that last series and why did they go for it on 4th at midfield with 2 minutes left? They could have burned another 30-50 seconds if they had not put the ball in the air and made UT drive the entire length of the field. Not that I was pulling for USC I just thought the playcalling was stupid or maybe just cocky.

Young put up the best game I have seen in a long, long time!

Why the heck was USC throwing the ball on that last series and why did they go for it on 4th at midfield with 2 minutes left?  They could have burned another 30-50 seconds if they had not put the ball in the air and made UT drive the entire length of the field.  Not that I was pulling for USC I just thought the playcalling was stupid or maybe just cocky.

Young put up the best game I have seen in a long, long time!

208835[/snapback]

That was the best performance that I have ever seen a football player have...period. VY accounted for 468yds of total offense. WOW.

:au:

Good grief, what a game.  I knew it was over at the 6:45 mark, but V. Young is amazing.  The Chizik D came through with some 4th down stops. 

Instant classic.  You can watch it tomorrow on ESPN Classic.

208818[/snapback]

Congratulations to Chizik, Mack Brown, and all the winners! I am SOooo glad somebody took USC down a notch!

But as for defense: Yes, Texas made some key stops. But in a game with 79 total points and 1100+ total yards, I wouldn't give the defenses too much of the spotlight!

Was it just me or did both of those teams seem to have great size and speed especially Texas defense. When comparing to our team this year, they just looked extremely large and fast at every position. I know TT believes in speed and rightfully so. but sometimes our defense looked at little overwhelmed this year by larger offensive lines (GT, KY, WI). Anyway a great game and congrats to TX and Mack Brown. I don't guess he can be considered a choker anymore.

Was it just me or did both of those teams seem to have great size and speed especially Texas defense. When comparing to our team this year, they just looked extremely large and fast at every position. I know TT believes in speed and rightfully so. but sometimes our defense looked at little overwhelmed this year by larger offensive lines (GT, KY, WI). Anyway a great game and congrats to TX and Mack Brown. I don't guess he can be considered a choker anymore.

208964[/snapback]

It was not just you. Your eyes did not deceive you. Those two teams are head and shoulders above any other teams in the NCAA.

208964[/snapback]

It was not just you. Your eyes did not deceive you. Those two teams are head and shoulders above any other teams in the NCAA.

208982[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. We nor anybody we played are in the same league right now.

Yay! :cheer:

If you noticed, Chizik had the same problem that Auburn did at times. People running right up the middle (he is putting in the speed LB's at Texas) on them. Oklahoma State torched Texas right up the gut also. The major difference is the quality of DB's that they have at Texas.

Offensively VY is just amazing.

They are the best two teams in the country, but have shown different times throughout the year that could be beat.

VY was great last night, no doubt; but it really jumped out at me that 90% of his completions were to receivers just standing still. It looks like to me that USC was playing a zone the whole game, so they could keep an eye on VY; and the UT receivers only had to find some space and stand there until VY saw them. I believe that's why his pass rating was the highest all year long, he didn't have to throw to receivers trying to get open against a lock down corner.

But, how good would he be in the NFL, with teams playing man-to-man, and having to hit receivers running across the middle, or down the sideline? I am not taking anything away from him, I would certainly draft him if I were an NFL coach, but I think his incredible skill at running the ball gives him a huge advantage over the secondary in his passing threat...

Archived