Third Jersey

ATLauburnfan

LSU doesn't have 3 jerseys.

LSU doesn't have 3 jerseys.

209418[/snapback]

They have never worn a gold jersey? Some reason I was thinking they did. Maybe it was a different helmet.

209419[/snapback]

Dinardo brought out a gold jersey, a white helmet, white pants, and purple pants.

However, LSU's current jersey repatoir consists of white and purple only.

ATL before I would rule out orange jerseys I would have to see them. The stadium looks so much better with the fans wearing orange to the games. I don't think any uniform in the country is a nice looking as our blue jerseys. If we could come up with a comparable jersey in orange I think it would be excellent.

ATL, keep the posts coming.

Dinardo brought out a gold jersey, a white helmet, white pants, and purple pants.

However, LSU's current jersey repatoir consists of white and purple only.

209434[/snapback]

lsuj2006, what was the fan reaction to the gold jersies? I recall LSU wearing them against Vandy.

BTW, it's normally "around the bowl and down the hole", although the meaning is acceptable either way.

ORANGE JERSEY,,............................

OH HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

lsuj2006, what was the fan reaction to the gold jersies?  I recall LSU wearing them against Vandy.

BTW, it's normally "around the bowl and down the hole", although the meaning is acceptable either way.

209452[/snapback]

General concensus is the LSU team is timeless in their Gold helmet, white jersey, and gold pants. Saban started bringing out the purple for OOC home games just to use 'em. I don't think most people hated the gold jerseys, but everyone almost puked shards of their own pelvis when they saw the purple pants.

I know about the misprint in my sig, but I didn't make the animation. I still like it too much though.

Delete thread, ban user...

B)

I'm not that old, probably about the median for this board (36.3 years old), but you don't see the great programs in college football dicking around with their uniforms or logos.

Texas :puke: , Alabama :puke: , USC :puke: , Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, etc. have basically had the same uniform for generations now...Auburn has essentially left the threads alone for years as well, Tot's Laker-esque drop shadows on the numbers blessedly being a thing of the past.

Why, you ask? Because they look just fine the way they are.

Texas began this year with a throwback design. No major color difference, but they only have two to choose from. Diff helmet, and jersey.

Michigan has changed their road jersey design slightly numerous times in the past 10 years (thx nike).

ND wears 3 jerseys.

Oklahoma as well has worn a throwback, again only two colors to choose from.

And ours do look fine the way they are.

Archived