Third Jersey

ATLauburnfan

Hey guys,

sorry it has been a while since i have posted.

Anyway i was thinking about this a couple nights ago? What do yall think about a third jersey.....perhaps and orange one? I mean many skools are getting them or have had them ......examples

MIAMI-Green, White, Orange

GEORGIA-Red, White, Black

LSU-white, white, Purple lol

VIRGINA TECH-dindnt they play miami in a third jersey? orange?

im sure there a more, that i have failed to mention

Anyway my dad says he seems to remember a time when Auburn did wear andorange jersey.....it was some year when auburn was in a bad stage and wasnt playing very good, but the players go totally amped and ended up winning.....awsome!

I sure would love to see :au: come out and pummel Washington St. in Orange!

Thoughts?

ATLauburnfan

not to burst your bubble here but if i were you i would get behind something bullet proof.... only because... this is a bit of a sore subject around here.... don't say you weren't warned.

fire away everyone

Guest Tigrinum Major

If this discussion goes any further, the thread gets locked.

Capice?

And if you take me serious about locking the thread, PM me and I'll send you a sense of humor next Christmas. I'm just kidding...

...or am I?

Anyway i was thinking about this a couple nights ago? What do yall think about a third jersey.....perhaps and orange one? I mean many skools are getting them or have had them ......examples

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this discussion goes any further, the thread gets locked. 

Capice?

And if you take me serious about locking the thread, PM me and I'll send you a sense of humor next Christmas.  I'm just kidding...

...or am I?

209078[/snapback]

P L E A S E lock it...and throw away the KEY ! ! ! :huh:

I am a blue jersey kind of guy myself. It seperates us from the "other" orange jersey wearing Tigers out there.

But, and I mean BUT............. if we were to wear the orange, it needs to be like the Chicago Bears uniforms that they wore this past season. They looked about as good as they get with the Navy trim...

But I am with the majority on this issue.

DO NOT MESS WITH TRADITION!

I'm probably one of the few with you, ATL. I saw Auburn play two games in orange in 1978 and 79. I discussed this in some detail in a thread about 6 weeks ago. I understand why most folks feel differently, I just feel it would add an extra dimension. I don't advocate using different jersies for morale, just a change of outfit.

let's say we did but we really didn't. if orange was introduced i would need to dig out my black and white tv.

not to burst your bubble here but if i were you i would get behind something bullet proof.... only because... this is a bit of a sore subject around here.... don't say you weren't warned.

fire away everyone

209058[/snapback]

Well, most of the posters on this thread are relatively new...I suppose everyone is entitled to at least one orange jersey post. Seems a little early for it though--it usually comes up between spring training and fall camp, when there's nothing else of football interest to discuss.

Still, speaking of tradition, it wouldn't be AUNation if the subject didn't arise at least once a year. :D

whats all the fuss about its not like we have ever had an orange jersey thread before. Come on people chill ........ :P:moon::P

Tell 'em tigger!! I didn't post befoer on the subject, but here is my $.02 for what it is worth....I understand the older generation saying don't mess with tradition (bammeresque???). I love the jerseys we have, but I would love to see some addition to the wardrobe. Orange jerseys with blue pants would look GREAT, IMO. See, I for one like the Oregon, not in the norm jerseys. I did not like the new Nike jerseys introduced this year by Thug Tech, UF, and Miami. Those just looked out of balance. A couple of big home games with the team coming out in orange jerseys, with blue pants would be eye catching. Some will like, some will not. But there is nothing wrong with change.....................................................................of course unless you are a church elder :D

I've always been partial to our Blue jerseys. They're AUsome. I was a student when barfield put'em on the tigers. the team came out and warmed up in the blue jerseys and switched when they went back to the locker room. thought it was cool back then when they came back out in the orange.

anyway, the orange practice jerseys look pretty sharp from pictures posted. i'd really like to see what they'd look like now prepared for a game jersey and not a practice one. more than likely i'd prefer the traditional blue. just curious what they'd look like.

Maybe they should just get Under Armor to start making Orange shoes instead.

Talk about getting some national attention...

Actually the only thing I would really like to see them change is maybe wearing either orange or blue pants on the road. I have always hated seeing any road team in all white, especially when you consider they have white helmets as well.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

When did this happen: "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message"

Why stop with orange jerseys? Hell, lets change the turf color while we're at it too. We can rip off Boise State. Make the field of play blue and the end zones orange. How about that? And then paint the field goal posts in a tiger stripe pattern. Yeah, that's the ticket!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!! What we have now is sharp, classy and has stood the test of time. Going to orange or some stupid tiger stripe getup like the Bengals is just redneck, I'm sorry. Just my opinion of course. :)

great idea! orange helmet for one game....orange metallic looking holograms on the helmet and jersey that would make it hard to focus on a shifty running back or wide reciever ...this would be cool.

Perhaps an orange glasses give away day. That way those who wish to see the Tigers in "all orange" could do so without making everyone else suffer :) . Although some might be accused of wearing such glasses all the time.

Archived