espn's 2006 preseason poll

brankster

Guest Tigrinum Major
So I apologize if I refuse to lose pride or respect for Auburn University because we had a bad game.

209490[/snapback]

Don't apologize for that, be proud.

Well 10 wins and a Capital One Bowl win sure payed off for Wisconsin didn't it and that BCS win by Penn State shot them right up into the top 10 for next year.

Appears some people are correct when they said that bowl game meant nothing.

209397[/snapback]

This isn't the true ESPN or even AP poll, those will come out in August, right? Anyway, by then those voters will not be focusing on the one last bowl game, but looking at the overall season and what teams really have coming back. Certainly a bowl win may have meant a Top 5 by then, but most of the negativity of a game played just last week will be minimized...

So I apologize if I refuse to lose pride or respect for Auburn University because we had a bad game.

209490[/snapback]

209494[/snapback]

We are talking about the football team not the University itself.

There is a difference...

209490[/snapback]

209494[/snapback]

There is a difference...

209543[/snapback]

The football team is an extension of the university, made up of its employee's and its students.

Regardless I'm not gonna let a Bama fan push me around or ridicule me, jump off a bridge and be depressed till fall, or cry and moan and complain because we had a bad game against Wisconsin and they beat Texas Tech.

You hang your head at the football team, you hang your head at the University...... you don't get to selectively pick what part you want to associate with Auburn.

Guest Tigrinum Major

209490[/snapback]

209494[/snapback]

There is a difference...

209543[/snapback]

The football team is an extension of the university, made up of its employee's and its students.

Regardless I'm not gonna let a Bama fan push me around or ridicule me, jump off a bridge and be depressed till fall, or cry and moan and complain because we had a bad game against Wisconsin and they beat Texas Tech.

You hang your head at the football team, you hang your head at the University...... you don't get to selectively pick what part you want to associate with Auburn.

209658[/snapback]

Very well said, my Texan Auburn friend. Very, very well said.

Archived