espn's 2006 preseason poll

brankster

12th is not a bad spot to start.......... only with wins will this team get where they want to be. After the bowl game, the loss of Stanley Mc., and the LB's......

12th is not a bad place................ TO START!

Beat Washington State!!!!!!!!!!

They better get ready to see one of the better backs in the country. At least this gives Gibbs plenty of time to get a game plan together. That is if he did come back from Disney World.

uat in the top 25? THAT tells me ALL I need to know about this "reporter". ;)

12 is fine with me, we will have something to prove which is always good for us. Looks like our Strength of Schedule should be alright (5 oppents in top 25). Sorry but Tennesee should be ranked they will win 7 games min but prolly 8+. I think they have a great shot to get to Atlanta.

"...and the secondary should be among the best units in the country." :blink:

Did they watch the Capital One Bowl, or the Georgia game, or the UK game, or the wide open LSU receivers dropping passes or the GT game (I am still haunted by how easily GT went down the field on the opening drive of the season)?

12th? We should be able to REALLY fly under the radar next year...

209141[/snapback]

but if lsu is picked to win the west........

Same story as in years past. Unless the top teams lose we will not gain ground. If we could run the table I think that we will end up where we need to be. The problem comes in if there are a lot of 1 loss teams.

I like his top 5, exept maybe for ND, unless they suprisingly get a defense they will still lose 2 or 3, I think. If, VY stay at Texas they will likely be able on the path to another NC run. OU should be a tougher game for them next year though. WVU, I think will be one of the best teams in the country, if they can formulate something on D.

If we can run the table we will be taking down two of these top 10 plus 3 others in top 25, plus another in Arky, cause I think they make their way into the top 25 next year, maybe?? I believe we are at the doorstep to be able to make a run at the NC game. We just got to do our thing and not get over confident.

i think 12th is fair to start. last time we were in the COB and won, we had championship dreams and came out flat against USC in '03. when we won the Sugar Bowl last year we came out flat and lost to GT. maybe a humiliating bowl loss to UW will help us focus more against another good non-conf. opponent to start the season. could be a blessing in disguise. hmmmmm..... here's to dreaming....all the way to the Fiesta. Glendale, AZ, 2007! :D

I can't imagine anyone even trying to put this together until we see who stays and who goes...

But, somewhere between 10-15 is about what I figured post Cap One. Had we won the bowl game I would have igured 8-12

Well 10 wins and a Capital One Bowl win sure payed off for Wisconsin didn't it and that BCS win by Penn State shot them right up into the top 10 for next year.

Appears some people are correct when they said that bowl game meant nothing.

Well 10 wins and a Capital One Bowl win sure payed off for Wisconsin didn't it and that BCS win by Penn State shot them right up into the top 10 for next year.

209397[/snapback]

:blushbig: Well Thank you! ;)

obviously, this guy is seriously confused. Cushy five game home-stand to start the season is the reason UA is not rated higher? he MUST have been thinking bout y'all... i don't remember us playing our first five games at home...

oh well. only way we will be going is up

obviously, this guy is seriously confused.  Cushy five game home-stand to start the season is the reason UA is not rated higher?  he MUST have been thinking bout y'all... i don't remember us playing our first five games at home...

oh well.  only way we will be going is up

209415[/snapback]

up? UP? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too Funny! :big:

obviously, this guy is seriously confused.  Cushy five game home-stand to start the season is the reason UA is not rated higher?  he MUST have been thinking bout y'all... i don't remember us playing our first five games at home...

209415[/snapback]

209424[/snapback]

no, what's funny is a bunch of dumba$$ reporters who don't have a clue what they are putting into print. Here's an idea, if you don't know for sure what you are typing, do a little research first. Bunch of f"***** dips**ts... i hate inaccurate reporting.

209415[/snapback]

209424[/snapback]

no, what's funny is a bunch of dumba$$ reporters who don't have a clue what they are putting into print. Here's an idea, if you don't know for sure what you are typing, do a little research first. Bunch of f"***** dips**ts... i hate inaccurate reporting.

209426[/snapback]

You should be THANKFUL for "inaccurate" reporting. Without the likes of the bamaham news, you uaters might be forced to read the TRUTH about the "football program" at the smaller "school" in the western part of the State. B)

Here is a hint: WORST graduation rate in the entire SEC-flipper is 2 games over .500 after THREE years. He is also OHHHH - 3 Vs Coach Tuberville. Ringo DID NOT win a single Heisman Trophy...etc. :D

Here's an idea, if you don't know for sure what you are typing, do a little research first.  Bunch of f"***** dips**ts... i hate inaccurate reporting.

It is just an article

209397[/snapback]

Sorry...WRONG!!!

As I said previously, tell my 12 year old who got teased at school by the Bamar children that it meant nothing (sheila won his bowl game)...tell the people who spend a small fortune on season tickets and going to bowls that it meant nothing. Etc., etc., etc., (The King and I). Tell me in my psychopathic depressed FUNK, that it meant nothing. It only meant nothing to people...well, to whom it meant nothing. To the rest of us, it meant SOMETHING! :blink:

:au::homer:

209415[/snapback]

I agree that the writer is seriously confused, but not for the reason you state.

Look at this fountain of idiocy:

Mike Shula has answered all questions about his readiness for this job.

Questions? I still got 'em. I got lots. Tons.

I don't think he's worth a used pizza box as a coach. He had a solid, senior-led defense and the sissiest schedule this side of Notre Dame. That masked myriad glaring flaws.

I'm glad this guy thinks Shula's answered the questions. I hope he can convince the tahders of the same thing. Maybe they'll keep him there for a long, long time. But we all know that Shula's hardly answered them. That befuddled boy doesn't even know what the questions are!

shulagin.jpg

:angry: I'm not haunted by Georgia Tech as much as Wisconsin. After watching Montavous Pitts try to tackle Calhoun, he would never play defense again for me. The kid can't cover that well and he tackles like a girl. No wait, I think I know some girls who can probably hit harder. He needs to be playing WR if he can catch or otherwise playing scout D. I'm not confident at all with either David Gibbs or our defensive talent. I'm not sure if we've used smoke and mirrors or got lucky in a few games. Hey, beating Bama is great but how good were they. I think we need to espouse to greater heights beyond just beating Alabama.

"...and the secondary should be among the best units in the country." :blink:

Did they watch the Capital One Bowl, or the Georgia game, or the UK game, or the wide open LSU receivers dropping passes or the GT game (I am still haunted by how easily GT went down the field on the opening drive of the season)?

209123[/snapback]

209397[/snapback]

Sorry...WRONG!!!

As I said previously, tell my 12 year old who got teased at school by the Bamar children that it meant nothing (sheila won his bowl game)...tell the people who spend a small fortune on season tickets and going to bowls that it meant nothing. Etc., etc., etc., (The King and I). Tell me in my psychopathic depressed FUNK, that it meant nothing. It only meant nothing to people...well, to whom it meant nothing. To the rest of us, it meant SOMETHING! :blink:

:au::homer:

209466[/snapback]

In the terms of rankings guess what...... its gonna mean nothing. Recruiting, its gonna mean nothing. When Auburn beats Alabama next year (with the losses at Bama we should) its gonna mean nothing.

Tell your kid to have a backbone and a good laugh at them cause they still havn't beaten Auburn and have to use other teams to tease him with. I loved it on the field when other players tried to use other teams and games against you...... know why? Cause it meant they were beat and they knew it. I played a year of collegiate athletics for a top 25 team that won some NC's in soccer, when people use other teams or say you guys still suck or we won this game and you didn't its cause they aren't getting it done against you. Laugh at em, pisses em off even more.

Think I'm wrong, look at the way Auburn fans reacted to our loss against LSU. If we did this, or we did that, haha Tenn beat you.....know why... cause they beat us and we know it and the only way we can say anything about it is through excuses or other teams. Cause we got beat.

Ya, I guess the tuition money and book money and ticket money (football, basketball, baseball) and all that I pay as well as my families donations as alumni are just nothing, course those are insignificant dollar amounts. Oh Oh and I have gone to bowls also, even one we lost. I guess I havn't spent enough money, or the two degrees I'll get this summer from Auburn aren't enough to allow me to have a opinion on Auburn football.

Wow, no wonder some of those Bama fans make comments about Auburn being little brother or the red headed step child. They beat Texas Tech and some of you let them ridicule your children and cry about money (I'll bet several people had good times tailgaiting at Auburn games, and seeing the sights in Orlando at the bowl game also with that money) and take on this holier than thou (guess LSU fans are right) attitude against our own fans that won't jump off a bridge cause Bama won one more game for the year.

Was I dissappointed, ya.. especially in the preparation. I got over it in a day. We lost major key players and leaders on both sides of the ball and made a coordinator change and still won 9 games including wins over both our rivals.

So you take the Wisconsin loss and let it result in you and your family getting punched around by Alabama fans, supporting their belief that Auburn is inferior, the little one, the red headed step child, living in their shadow of greatness. Your doing exactly what they want you to do.

Me, I'm gonna laugh at them, cause their best team in years couldn't stay on the field with us (bang, done in less than 10 minutes) and all they got are excuses and other teams to use against us.

So I apologize if I refuse to lose pride or respect for Auburn University because we had a bad game.

Archived