Ensminger

chinook

looking at rivals recently he his still rated a 2 star. i know ratings are obscure but what is the hype about this kid other than the fact his father his on the auburn staff?

should he be rated higher and if so will rivals make an adjustment. i guess if he committed to bammer he would at least be a 4 star. :poke:

looking at rivals recently he his still rated a 2 star.  i know ratings are obscure but what is the hype about this kid other than the fact his father his on the auburn staff?

should he be rated higher and if so will rivals make an adjustment. i guess if he committed to bammer he would at least be a 4 star.  :poke:

210403[/snapback]

Scout.com rates him as a three star QB . . . of particular note, a 39.0" vertical leap, which is pretty impressive . . . wish he were fastter though (5.04 in the 40).

Neil Caudle is supposed to be the real deal. The only knock on him is to what degree he will recover from injury (knee, I think?).

Another one of SE's numbers that jumped out to me was his 3.88 shuttle...Tops for all QBs and 2nd among ALL prospects at his camp (there were 400 people there)...his 3.88 tied him with RB prospect Caleb King. Seems he might be able to get the first step on some of those lumbering DLs breathing down his neck. he might be better than expexted

WDE

If I'm not mistaken, he won a state championship in Louisiana this year. However, he did so in a very high school offense. He ran more than he threw.

While I feel there are those that will raise an eyebrow anytime a coach's son is given a scholly, I always like having COACH'S sons on our team. Those kids have lived football all their lives. I think Coach Tubs made the right choice in bringing in two qbs this year.

Time will tell.............. :au:

I agree Tim, Blake Field is a coach's son as well. I think the main reason that Ensminger is rated as a two star is because he was in Opelika until this year. I haven't seen very many transfers that are rated much higher than that with possibly the exception of Chris Keys last year.

Ensminger would have been rated higher in a more pass friendly offense, but the one he transfered from (Opelika) was even more run oriented. I suspect Steven will be fine when he gets to AU considering the quarterbacks he has been around through his dad and the coaches he has had and will have around him. His athleticism is impressive, but his arm will likely need a little work. I do suspect that his form will be nearly perfect, however. Time will tell on him, but I agree with WarTim that it was a good idea to bring in 2 qb's this year.

kj

Another aspect of coaches sons (especially QB's) seems to be that they have great leadership skills. Even if he never became a starter in this offense, he will probably be a VERY capable backup who knows th offense inside out and who all of the team would rally around.

Don't ever underestimate a coach's son.... I sincerely believe that both Blake Field and Ensminger could really be competetors down the road. This is particularly true if something happens to either Cox or Caudle. These kids are usually poised, quick thinkers, and students of the game... the other elements are coachable... Also, lets not forget Calvin Booker--big--strong---fast enough, etc. ;):thumbsup::au:

Neil Caudle has had two major knee injuries, one to each knee. This occurred to one knee in his junior year and to the other knee in his senior year. He is consistently listed as one of the top 10 highschool QB in the nation. The only question is his durability.

Jason Campbell is a coach's son - although I believe his dad primarily coached basketball? (Of course, in high school, pretty much every coach coaches some part of the football team)

Archived