Rivals Top Ten

DKW 86

Interesting news. Before reading that, I was feeling very good about Auburn's chances of getting Adam Patterson and thought Aleric Mullins was out of the picture. If they can get either of them, Deas and possibly Ricks they should have plenty of talent for DL and possibly an OL or two in that bunch.

I've felt for a long time that AU will end up with the following guys:

Deantwan Whitehead

Mike Berry

Jermarcus Ricks

Bryant Miller

Byron Isom

Who fills in the class from there really depends on the unknowns. Hawthorn has a spot if he wants it, as does Mullins and Deas, though I'm not sure and don't have a strong feeling about any of those. Of course, as they say, Miller will fall off the radar if Miami offers. Darrell Roseman is a name that's come on recently and is listed as having an offer, so he may be the back up to Miller. I'm not sure who plans B, C, and D are if enough doesn't come out of that group, but a guy to watch out for at receiver is Jason Sherman, who is visiting this weekend and only has one season of organized football under his belt.

kj

those 2 are studs

[

quote=Fluffed,Jan 14 2006, 01:29 AM]

My top 2 are Whitehead and Hawthorne. :)

Just so you know..

211338[/snapback]

If I'm a receiver like Hawthorne and choosing among AU, UAT, and UGA, I'd have to go with Auburn. Cox is the best proven quarterback coming back to those three schools and Caudle/Ensminger the best QB signees of the three to date for when Brandon leaves. ...then of course, there's Al Borges! 'nuff said.

[Now if Bama miraculously lands Mustain, perhaps I'd rethink, but I don't see that happening.]

Well, it is my understanding that Hawthorne's top2 are AU and Georgia.

You made good points about having Cox already be there and ready for next year.. But I don't think you've heard of Georgia's signee Matthew Stafford (QB). Rivals rates him the #4 player in the county and the #1 QB. Mustain is #7 overall and #2 QB -- he is only in the press cause he hasn't already committed.

I agree with you on the idea that Auburn would be the smartest place for Hawthorne to go. I'm just saying GA just pulled the #1 QB and that could be very tempting for such a good WR like Hawthorne. Hopefully he'll see the light though.

Archived