Will AU see any coaching changes?

TigerOne

Does anyone see CTT making any changes since

our weakness has been exploited. If not then should this be of some concern.

I can't imagine CTT not wanting to correct problem areas after looking back on the season.

Guest Tigrinum Major

In a word, no. Of course, this is based on nothing more than past history and supposition. Tuberville tends to be loyal to his assistants to a fault or Mazzone would have never lasted as long as he did.

Gibbs has been on the job for one year and followed what is quickly becoming a legendary figure (Gene Chizik recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We know this beverage as Red Bull.) I assume this is who you are referring to when talking about changes, since he is the DC and secondary coach.

No one else is even in the picture unless they leave on their own for a better job.

I feel like CTT is as much to blame as anyone for the bowl game because he look it lightly himself. Don't get me wrong, I am probably the biggest fan he has, but he does have a habit of being a little lax from time to time.

CTT has FAR more positives than negatives and we are lucky to have him, but AU will never win it all until he is able to keep the team motivated during the games we are SUPPOSED to win as well as the ones we go into as an underdog. The 2004 season was a product of unusual senior leadership. You can't count on that every year.

I don't think any changes would be in order. In case you didn't notice, the offense didn't look any better than the defense. I think this game was a product of the guys taking the game lightly and coming out flat. Lets see what happens AT LEAST one year before we call for anyone's head

I think we had a great year considering everything we lost last year. If we were flat in the bowl game, that's CTT's fault as much as anyone, but I wouldn't swap him for another coach in the country right now because of the type of program he has built here.

I dont see CTT replacing anyone, but in my opinion if we had a weakness, it was in the secondary. The bowl game wasn't the only one in which I saw a lot of opponent receivers get in the open too frequently. Often we were saved by a dropped or miss-thrown ball when a receiver was clearly open. But I don't think it was such a serious problem that it can't be fixed with a little more experience in the secondary. It's hard to replace two seniors like Carlos Rogers and Junior Rosegreen.

I think Gibbs deserves at least one more year to prove himself. However, if CTT sees deeper problems I hope he will follow Barney Fife's advise and "nip it in the bud" rather than let a bad situation drag on a la Mazzone. If that requires a new DC or secondary coach, so be it.

I would be very shocked it there are any changes made unless one of the assistants leave for a better paying job. I am thankful for Coach Tuberville and his ENTIRE staff. (One game does not a season or a career make.) :cheer:

Onward and upward. War Eagle! ! ! :au:

Archived