You asked for it!

SKCAUB

Uh...isn't it Tubs' alma mater???? I wouldn't insult them too much!  :lol:

:au:   :homer:

211446[/snapback]

I think he went to Southern Arkansas, or something like that - D2 I believe...

211451[/snapback]

you are correct...

211452[/snapback]

Close enough...what's the difference.... :lol:

:au::homer:

You guys are being too tough on this schedule.

Ark St is a vast upgrade from any d1-aa school and went to a bowl this year.

And for your other OOC games, you dont need to play awesome teams, just ones that people have heard of that dont sound like directional schools.

WSU and Tulane might suck. But that doesnt matter. People have heard of them and you will get psychological kudos for that.

And its not AU's fault WSU sucks ass right now. They were good when ya'll scheduled em i bet.

You guys are being too tough on this schedule.

Ark St is a vast upgrade from any d1-aa school and went to a bowl this year.

And for your other OOC games, you dont need to play awesome teams, just ones that people have heard of that dont sound like directional schools.

WSU and Tulane might suck. But that doesnt matter. People have heard of them and you will get psychological kudos for that.

And its not AU's fault WSU sucks ass right now. They were good when ya'll scheduled em i bet.

211538[/snapback]

ESPN scheduled them....

Yeah, WSU was better with Mike Price as their coach...gosh, I've forgotten why he left.  Could you help me out here BG?  :poke:

211777[/snapback]

I wonder. Will uat ever schedule UTEP? :D

The LSU game is once again the weekend of my corndog's birthday (which day, btw, he shares with Coach Tubby) - it just falls that way every couple of years or so.  It happened the last time we played in JHS on his birthday - happened once in Corndog Stadium too.  Here's to another year of wrecking his birthday!!!  :big:

So if we all hook up for an LSU tailgate party, I'll bring the cake!!! :)

211321[/snapback]

Well you figure it to wreck his B-day and I figure it to make mine! 9/16

Yeah, WSU was better with Mike Price as their coach...gosh, I've forgotten why he left.  Could you help me out here BG?  :poke:

211777[/snapback]

I wonder. Will uat ever schedule UTEP? :D

211782[/snapback]

I wish they'd schedule Texas A&M...i'd pay to watch that one. :lol:

Count down to A-Day

http://www.auburn.edu/%7Esmith52/countdown.html

New Schedul;e as far as I know, from several sources...

JJ says it is to be finalized later this week.

Sept. 2 Washington State

Sept. 9 at Mississippi State

Sept. 16 LSU

Sept. 23 Temple (tentative)

Sept. 28 at South Carolina Thursday Night Game.

Oct. 7 Arkansas

Oct. 14 Florida

Oct. 21 Tulane

Oct. 28 at Ole Miss

Nov. 4 Arkansas State

Nov. 11 Georgia

Nov. 18 at Alabama.

If that is indeed the slate, I like it...the nonconference isn't a complete joke (and no 1-AA teams :thumbsup: ) and there are some breathers in good places...Temple/TBA before a short week and after LSU, Tulane after Florida, Ark. State before Georgia.

I like the idea of playing the South Carolina game on Thursday night. Great exposure, an easy game the Saturday before and a little extra time to get ready for Arkansas.

I like the idea of playing the South Carolina game on Thursday night.  Great exposure, an easy game the Saturday before and a little extra time to get ready for Arkansas.

212436[/snapback]

i like Thurs. games if i can make it. my busiest time at work is in the fall and no way i can take off 2 days to go to the game. i was looking forward to going to Columbia again. i had a blast last time. but it's good for the school and i totally support it if that works out. i'll just have to start tailgating at lunch and put the cooler underneath my desk. B)

Before we gripe about the OOC opponents other than WSU, remember that we don't get a bye week next year... we play 12 weeks in a row. I'd rather have an extra cupcake than a beat up team come Amen Corner time.

that we don't get a bye week next year... we play 12 weeks in a row.

do you realize we have turned our calendars to 2006?

i am looking forward to this schedule as it is an improvement over the last couple of years. if temple is a no go, what is the possibilty of a d 1 - aa game? i would think high.

that we don't get a bye week next year... we play 12 weeks in a row.

do you realize we have turned our calendars to 2006?

i am looking forward to this schedule as it is an improvement over the last couple of years. if temple is a no go, what is the possibilty of a d 1 - aa game? i would think high.

212533[/snapback]

From what I've read, if somehow the Temple game is a no go then they will be replaced by another MAC team since the Owls are joining that conference.

Archived