Oct. 7 Arkansas;

Oct. 14 Florida;

Oct. 21 Tulane;

Oct. 28 at Ole Miss;

Nov. 4 Arkansas State;

Nov. 11 Georgia;

Nov. 18 at Alabama.

:au::homer:

Sorry David...just now say yours on that other thread..... ;)

Looks good to me. :D I'll be there.

I see 5 quality home games:

Sept. 2 Washington State

Sept. 16 LSU

Oct. 7 Arkansas

Oct. 14 Florida

Nov. 11 Georgia

WoooHooo can't wait...

Wheres the countdown clock?

Arkansas State!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dang, I was hoping we would lock is a little bit of a more formiddable oppponent, but they did win their conference this past year. Anyway, Looks like agreat schedule for us to put together a great season. Here's to the players and coaches preparing for the hype. Don't repeat 2003 please!!!!!

Is this one set in stone? If so...

How HUGE is it that LSU got swapped w/ Tulane?! That's great news.

And no AA opponents... finally.

Very win-able opener that will be nationally televised.

Easily the best schedule we've had in a few years... or at least it has tons of potential.

Very win-able opener that will be nationally televised.

i would not overlook washington state @ all. they are returning a very talented receiver that will expose auburn's dbacks if the defensive coaching doesn't turn them around.

games they played with exception to usc and 3 lesser opponets were shoot outs. of those games they lost by either 3 points or 4 points. i know i'm throwing out croylism but i don't think we should look at washington state as a very winnable team.

talent wise @ each position not much insight but they are returning many players on the o-line and d-line.

disclaimer: i don't support or defend the pac 10 i'm just a southern boy living in the pacific northwest.

I'm hearing with the move of LSU to the 3rd game of the year it should knock Temple out for this year. Which is fine with me (they didn't even win a game last year). So for those in the know - who would we pick up? Over on ITAT they've said it won't be a I-AA, thank the Lord.

Maryland maybe?

WSU is a nice upgrade, but Temple, Tulane and Arky State???

211210[/snapback]

Agreed. Those three on the schedule make me wince. I know we added Washington State, which is better then what we have been playing out of conference, but they are not a solid team by any means. Add them to those other three and we have 4 "predictable outcomes". Thus, I would still have liked to see a tougher schedule for use, but like some said, at least no Div-AA opponents.

If you have 4 OOC games, I'd like to see 2 of those against cupcakes with at least some name recognition. Tulane fits the bill there. The other two games need to be from BCS conferences.

If we really did swap Maryland for Temple, this schedule would be perfect IMHO. A mid level pac 10, mid level ACC, the sun belt champ, and a cupcake that is not D1-AA, or a directional school.

The LSU game is once again the weekend of my corndog's birthday (which day, btw, he shares with Coach Tubby) - it just falls that way every couple of years or so. It happened the last time we played in JHS on his birthday - happened once in Corndog Stadium too. Here's to another year of wrecking his birthday!!! :big:

So if we all hook up for an LSU tailgate party, I'll bring the cake!!! :)

Guest Tigrinum Major
So if we all hook up for an LSU tailgate party, I'll bring the cake!!! :)

211321[/snapback]

This is a must this year. And more than 15 minutes standing outside a construction zone after I already had ... too many beers.

Mark your calendars, girls, because we will be there with bells on.

Guest Tigrinum Major
WHAT THE HELL IS AN ARKANSAS ST  :angry:   :puke:

211402[/snapback]

Sun Belt Champs and a bowl team from last season. Better than Directional Louisiana or Ball State.

WHAT THE HELL IS AN ARKANSAS ST  :angry:   :puke:

211402[/snapback]

Uh...isn't it Tubs' alma mater???? I wouldn't insult them too much! :lol:

:au::homer:

Uh...isn't it Tubs' alma mater???? I wouldn't insult them too much!  :lol:

:au:   :homer:

211446[/snapback]

I think he went to Southern Arkansas, or something like that - D2 I believe...

Uh...isn't it Tubs' alma mater???? I wouldn't insult them too much!  :lol:

:au:   :homer:

211446[/snapback]

I think he went to Southern Arkansas, or something like that - D2 I believe...

211451[/snapback]

you are correct...

Based on Tubbs recent history in season openers against non-conference opponents, I'd rather play a Temple first and a Wash. State mid-season/homecoming.

I think swapping Washington State for South Florida is a good move thay have a lot of talent down there and they are a scary team in the opening game

Archived