School Spirit

WarTiger

i know this is kind of a sore subject around here.......but i own a game used orange jersey from the 1978 season.......i don't know why i bought it other than it's a pretty rare piece of auburn memorabilia.

As many of you know, I travel 100% for work, flying home every Thursday. Thursday, I always wear an Auburn golf shirt. During the first week of the season, and Iron Bowl week, I wear an Auburn shirt every day.

At home...

Tigers Unlimited, AU Alum stickers on both my car, and my wife's car.

In the basement:

On the stairs down, on the left, I have the Auburn Creed Framed, and the "What is Auburn?" by David Housel Framed.

On the stairs down, on the right, I have 8x11 scoreboard pictures framed of Iron Bowl 93, 95, 97, 2000, 02, 03, 04, 05. UF 94, 2001. LSU 04, UT 04, UGA 04, SEC Champ 04, Sugar Bowl 04.

At the bottom of the stairs, I have the section of the field at Jordan-Hare that I bought several years ago when they had that fundraiser.

Going around the basement:

Victory Kick - Iron Bowl 1997 Framed

Eye Of The Tiger - Iron Bowl 2002 Framed.

Touchdown Auburn - UF 1994 Framed

Crusin' - IB 2003

In a shadowbox - white 24 signed by caddy

Framed poster from Eufula Tribune (National Champs)

My Diploma and tassle - beneath that, my Wife's Diploma

Later Gator - UF 2001

The Catch- LSU 2004

Framed schedule poster for 2004 - Auto by Ronnie and Caddy

1998 SEC Champ poster (AU Basketball)

Framed 1993 SI Autographed by Bowden

Framed 2004 SI Autograped by Tubs

Mini-Helmet Autographed by Pat Dye

Bo Jackson Autographed Helmet

Tubs autographed football

Finley Woodward autographed St paul Saints baseball (AU's all time leader in saves - was at at Saints game, and he was the starting pitcher, got a huge "War Eagle, What the heck are you doing way up here?" from him).

Bo Jackson Heisman figure.

--Non Auburn --- 1998 Superbowl poster, with ticket stub

Need to get framed: 13-0 (Sugar Bowl print), SEC Champs (2004 SEC Print), Ronnie Brown (2004 UT Print). Also have a St Louis Cardinals print autographed by Stan the Man, Lou Brock, Gibbie, Red, Enos.

But, without a doubt, the item I'm most proud of: My 1997 Auburn Class Ring. Pretty standard, but I got a strange look from the lady selling it, when I request "BEAT BAMA" be written inside it, instead of my name (I got my initials, so I could fit beat bama).

But, without a doubt, the item I'm most proud of:  My 1997 Auburn Class Ring.  Pretty standard, but I got a strange look from the lady selling it, when I request "BEAT BAMA" be written inside it, instead of my name (I got my initials, so I could fit beat bama).

212241[/snapback]

excuse me while i bow to you fine sir. that's AUsome. :D

p.s.....a late addition to the collection.....i just got the 'Fast & Furious' print of Ronnie Brown in the mail yesterday. it is beAUtiful.

Looks like a lot of us have a bundle of Auburn stuff. So do I. But it's interesting no one mentioned having the Auburn Creed. I have a large copy of it posted in my study (DCWarEagle at least mentioned trying to abide by it). I can think of a few posters here who need to read it more often and consider having it posted. And I for sure need to read it more often.

i know this is kind of a sore subject around here.......but i own a game used orange jersey from the 1978 season.......i don't know why i bought it other than it's a pretty rare piece of auburn memorabilia.

212235[/snapback]

Hopefully it will stay pretty rare (where's a pot-stirring emoticon when you need one?)

Y'all put me to shame...I have about a half-dozen shirts (one polo, a couple of regular Ts and some really old Tiger Rags game shirts, including the "We cut 'em no Slack" from '89), a very faded fitted hat, a tumbler, a car flag that hangs from my patio because it won't adhere properly to the door of my truck, a couple of window stickers (one of which is the old "eagle through the A" logo), countless game tickets from '86 to '91 (I didn't like it when they went to the punch card) and a sign commemorating the '89 Iron Bowl.

Oh, and a very nice framed diploma in my living room.

9. Most Prized possession (2004 National Champship RING) in my safe deposit box

212001[/snapback]

How in the world did you get that?

I tick all of my neighbors off in North Georgia. Luckily, there are 4 other Auburn families in our neighborhood

This picture was around Christmas at my house..........bammanmr, you can tell that the wall project turned out nicely.

9. Most Prized possession (2004 National Champship RING) in my safe deposit box

212001[/snapback]

How in the world did you get that?

212424[/snapback]

lucky enough to have Family in HIGH PLACES in AUBURN...Even though I paid for it.... I have IT :) for safe keeping

Some (most) of these lists put me to shame! I do have numerous golf shirts, (which exhibit a trend of increasing in size as their age decreases, unfortunately), and a few prints and an autographed ball (and structural drawings of Jordan-Hare). But the best memorabilia from Auburn is my wife of 10+ years. Oh, and we have a 3-and-a-half month old momento from our Sugar Bowl trip.

Guest Tigrinum Major
In the house when you walki in I have the Auburn Creed on the wall ...

211977[/snapback]

Auburn Creed

212004[/snapback]

On the stairs down, on the left, I have the Auburn Creed Framed, and the "What is Auburn?" by David Housel Framed.

212241[/snapback]

But it's interesting no one mentioned having the Auburn Creed. I have a large copy of it posted in my study (DCWarEagle at least mentioned trying to abide by it). I can think of a few posters here who need to read it more often and consider having it posted. And I for sure need to read it more often.

212397[/snapback]

Several people mentioned it. And I imagine that several more have them framed and in a prominent place. I am looking at one right now that my mother-in-law cross stitched about 20 years ago.

Tons and tons of stuff, but three of my favorite things are jerseys, ...

and guess what?.....

That's right! They are all three original, game worn, ORANGE JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :au::big:

Wow, you guys put me to shame...

I have a room almost finished that will house all of my memorabilia, well okay, most of it. I have a painted and signed football from the 1983 season as well as several autographed pictures of Bo Jackson, pictures, posters, etc. ready for the new walls upon completion. As most, I have a closet full of hats (I have to get a new hat at the first game of each year). I call it tradition, my wife calls it lunacy. You make the call...

Possibly my latest and most prized posession is one of those hats signed by Pat Sullivan, Stan White, Charles Barlkey, Al Del Greco, Tommy Tuberville and for arguement's sake, Cat Reddick. For future reference, the Pro-Am here before the Bruno's tournament is a great place to get former Auburn athlete's autographs. 90% of the seekers are wearing dark pink and looking for Joe Willie...

Oh, I forgot, I have a lightswitch going down to the basement that says "Auburn turns me on, Alabama turns me off."

Our new house is so small (it would fit nicely in aucorner's garage), I really have most of my stuff packed up right now, but I brought a few items out and put in my office at work to brighten the place up.

Naturally my diploma is the focal point of the office. Next to it on one side is my framed ticket collage that my wife did last spring. It includes tickets from over 75 games that I've been to and were actually sober enough to save. The middle of the piece has stubs from 2004 with SECCG and SB tickets. One of the best gifts i've ever gotten. On the other side of the diploma is my "This means war" print. On another wall, next to my other diplomas and other framed credintials, is a framed copy of the Auburn Creed. Finally, I have on the shelvles of my numerous bookcases, my Bo Jackson autographed football, my circa 1970 am radio helmet (it even has the old joe theisman facemask), and my framed photo of Tiger soaring in front of an american flag (if you know my politics, you know i'm not uberpatriotic, but that's a great photo).

On my truck I've got an alumni plate on the front and a large AU on the back glass, along with my lifetime AlUm sticker. I even put an AlUm sticker on my wife's passat. She complained (she's a corndog), and I told her she could take it off after the SB last year, but it's still on there.

I hate to have the things packed up, but for now it's a neccessity. Best as I can recollect I've got:

1 Framed jersey (#9, bought soley b/c of Ken Alvis' int return against the whos in 94).

Autographed tommy tuberville football

Autographed pat dye football

Framed 'bo over the top'

Framed 'lighting strikes twice' print (2nd blocked punt in 72)

Framed photo of shug consoling tha bahr after the game in 72

Framed photo of pat dye and tha bahr having some 'iced tea'.

Approximately 30 games on VHS and DVD;

Approx 20 programs (I'd love to buy one every week, but they turned jinx on me in 95, so I stopped); I have 3-4 from the 60s, that have Phil Neel art on the cover.

Gameday pins from the university bookstore- last count was 50something.

15 Auburn pennants, the oldest reportedly from the 30s

3 coffee mugs

8 80s era large glass tumblers

8 1957 national champions small glass tumblers

1 BIG beer stien; my cousin got for me off of ebay. german writing on the bottom.

Approx. 15 books about Auburn University and AU Football - I'm in the process of getting all of them autographed. I have 2 copies of "War Eagle" by clyde bolton. Every fall I put one in the car when I come down, b/c if any former players are signing, I have them sign that book. Al Del Greco signed it last year and that brought the count to 22 former tigers autographs.

2 Glomeratas

A circa 1960s player's badge

Sports illustrated from the 93 season, autographed by stan white.

SEVERAL publications from the 2004 season

2 45rpm records from the shug era

2 Auburn team guides (mini press programs) from 1960s bowl games

Football schedule ashtrays from 1968, 69, 70 from Cullman Apothocary.

Jordan hare stadium replica from collegiate collegtables

Signed Pat Sullivan minihelmet

I think that does it.

Add to those items that I've got about 5 t-shirts that don't say Auburn somewhere on them, I'm doing ok.

WOW...y'all have me beat by a mile. I live in an apartment so most of my stuff is scattered around in each room or in boxes. Nothing of much monetary value, most of my stuff is sentimental. I have the normal t-shirts, jackets, hats, jewelry, etc. I have a wall in my living room with Scoreboard pictures, signed Pat Dye pic, signed TB/Pat Dye picture from the 1993 Bama game, signed Bo with Heisman picture and a picture of Dye, Sullivan and Jackson with the Heisman. I am missed 11 game programs from the sixties, but have every one from 1970 - present. I try to collect all the video's and dvd's pertaining to Auburn. Have 5 or 6 good books on Auburn. Other than that, I have my ticket stubs and lots of game buttons and pins.

My pride and joy is my AU/Tiger tattoo on my ankle. I originally got a small AU tattoo on my upper thigh years ago for my 30th birthday. Then a few years back, I decided I wanted something more. SO, I got a new AU tattoo on my ankle for my 40th birthday and then added the tiger last year for my 41st birthday! This year for my brithday, I am gonna have the AU outlined in black so that it matches the Tiger better! I love being able to say I have something Auburn on 24/7/365! :D

tattoo1.jpg

One more thing to add for me: when going through my grandmothers stuff when she died in 1994,(the day after our 3 INT win vs. LSU).... we found in a zip lock bag, nice and neat...an official game program...program was then called: 'THE WAR EAGLE"...and it is Auburn vs. Clemson, Ladd Memorial Stadium, Mobile, AL, November 27, 1948... still have it in the zip lock bag... :)

I have tons of stuff that I would consider selling to anyone who would like to add to their collections. Not doing me any good packed up in the attic. PM me if interested.

Our new house is so small (it would fit nicely in aucorner's garage),

212763[/snapback]

:blink: I seriously doubt that......maybe all 5 of us should pay you a visit in Memphis! :cheer:

I have tons of stuff that I would consider selling to anyone who would like to add to their collections.  Not doing me any good packed up in the attic.  PM me if interested.

212811[/snapback]

Kids are grown. No need to keep this stuff anymore. I'll be putting some AU items on ebay this weekend. Books, mags, coke bottles... PM me if your interested.

Archived