One more question

pmurphy

To all you guys that follow this more closely than I do.Looks like another great class,maybe TT best when you consider signing for needs.I know that during the recruiting process,we offer more scholarships than we can legally accept.My question is who are some of the guys that had given verbals that are cut out when we start picking up these last day converts and what happens to them?

To all you guys that follow this more closely than I do.Looks like another great class,maybe TT best when you consider signing for needs.I know that during the recruiting process,we offer more scholarships than we can legally accept.My question is who are some of the guys that had given verbals that are cut out when we start picking up these last day converts and what happens to them?

216738[/snapback]

Guys like (I believe) Raven Gray and Bo Harris will either go JUCO or to a prep school...and will ultimately not count against this year's class...getting us back to where we need to be. They are commonly called a "sign and place" commitment. Hope that helps.

:au::homer:

Most coaches oversign each year to account for nonqualifier, etc. For example, we know that Raven Gray and Bo Harris were sign and place players. They will be in JC next year getting their grades together. Hopefully, we can get them back when they qualify. Usually, there are another two or three whose grades are on the bubble and they won't know if they qualify until the end of the year.

If, after nonqualifiers are taken out, ther are still too many players, they usually try to get some of them to grayshirt. That way, they won't count against their scholarships for that year. I think, and someone else probably knows this, a greyshirt has to pay his own way.

Here is the report on who qualifies according to al.com

http://www.al.com/weblogs/tigers/

Mike Berry, OL (Brentwood, Tenn.) - Has qualified

Mike Blanc , OL (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) - Has qualified

Neil Caudle, QB, (Hoover, Ala.) - Has qualified

Zach Clayton, DT (Opelika, Ala.) - Has qualified

Bart Eddins, DT (Montgomery, Ala.) - Has qualified

Steven Ensminger, QB (W Monroe, La.) - Has qualified

Zaccheus Etheridge, DB (Troy, Ala.) - Has qualified

Mario Fannin, ATH (Lovejoy, Ga.) - Has qualified

Michael Goggans, TE (Alexander City, Ala.) - Has qualified

Raven Gray, DE (Enterprise, Ala.) - Will enroll in junior college.

Bo Harris, ATH (Conyers, Ga.) - Headed to prep school in Milford Academy in New Berlin, N.Y. Will join Auburn in January of 2007.

Tim Hawthorne, WR (Homewood, Ala.) - Has qualified

Byron Isom, DT (Lovejoy, Ga.) - Has qualified

Hendrick Leverette, LB (Hattiesburg, Miss.) - Has qualified

Bryant Miller, DE (Miami, Fla.) - Has qualified

Jermarcus Ricks, DT (Leighton, Ala.) - Has qualified

Alex Rose, WR (Jacksonville, Fla.) - Should be able to qualify. Has to make necessary ACT score (results not known as of now).

Darrell Roseman, DE (Clearwater, Fla.) - Has qualified

Ryan Shoemaker, K (Birmingham, Ala.) - Has qualified

Chris Slaughter, WR (Fort Valley, Ga.) - Still some work to be completed.

Craig Stevens, LB, (Tallahassee, Fla.) - Has qualified

Greg Smith, DT (Booneville, Miss.) - is finishing up one more class before he becomes qualified, expected to join team in Fall.

Ben Tate, RB (Newark, Md.) - already enrolled at AU.

Lee Tilley, OL (Columbus, Ohio) - already enrolled at AU.

Terrell Zachery, WR (Wadley, Ala.) - Taking ACT on Feb. 11. Should qualify

Archived