Auburn announces 2006 football schedule

SKCAUB

Only 8 home games

217718[/snapback]

Yeah.....ummmm. I was considering the game at West Vance like a home game since we have so far owned that place.

YEAH! thats the ticket! :D

Here's the "inside scoop" I got from my co-workers on Buffalo football - "They have a football team?, Really??"  and from a more knowledgable source: "Their performance makes the Bill's look good - and that's bad".

I guess we can get some PT down the depth charts.

217602[/snapback]

Hey now! Wait nevermind, I would defend my Bills from your statement if it wasn't true, we have sucked the last few years :cry3:

Think about our 2007 schedule for a moment..

We lose Carolina and pick up Vandy at home (I believe)

@  :lsu:

@  :arky:

@  :uf:

@  :uga:

Ouch.

217633[/snapback]

I agree about that being tough. But the one thing I will like about it is the fact we will have a senior quarterback for those games. That is a HUGE factor.

217684[/snapback]

Also, if we want to look for silver linings or dream most optimistically, one might suggest that:

LSU? I still have doubts about Les Miles' long term success in the SEC and if he's going to crumble, the slide should be in full progress by then.

Arky? If Nutt doesn't look much better next year, the Hogs may have a new rookie head coach in 2007.

UF? Probably Tebow's first year starting after Leak graduates and he may have rookie QB hiccups

UGA? Visiting team often wins that one anyway.

I'm not saying all that will happen, just trying to help the doom-&-gloom crowd get some sleep between now and then! ;):D

As for next year--Buffalo may not be the cream of the crop, but they're not 1AA. With the new 12-game format, I expect most schools will have to schedule a few cupcakes to make up for the lack of off weeks. There's no way anyone can go twelve straight weeks without a break against top-of-the-line competition.

I saw somewhere on another board that Auburn is one of 4 SEC teams that do not play a Div. 1-AA team in 2006. Why are so many SEC teams playing 1-AA teams recently?

I saw somewhere on another board that Auburn is one of 4 SEC teams that do not play a Div. 1-AA team in 2006. Why are so many SEC teams playing 1-AA teams recently?

218014[/snapback]

Does anyone know off hand who the other three are? ...just curious, but too lazy to look up everyone's schedule right now

218014[/snapback]

I would bet it has to do with the fact that everyone is being forced to play a 12 game schedule (4 OOC games instead of 3). There just are not quite enough D-1 teams to go around without causing a major scheduling headache.

218014[/snapback]

I would bet it has to do with the fact that everyone is being forced to play a 12 game schedule (4 OOC games instead of 3). There just are not quite enough D-1 teams to go around without causing a major scheduling headache.

218036[/snapback]

Yeah, the 12 game schedule is trickier to set up than the usual 11 gamer. But it wasn't like this was sprung on college football three weeks ago.

They all want the 12th game for $$$$$$ but hardly any of the larger schools have scheduled a top 10 opponent. Can anyone name a top 25 school that scheduled an opponent ranked in the top 25?

218014[/snapback]

Does anyone know off hand who the other three are? ...just curious, but too lazy to look up everyone's schedule right now

218015[/snapback]

Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Tennessee

Auburn: Wash St, Buffalo, Tulane, Ark St

Alabama: Hawaii, La-Monroe, Duke, Fla Int

LSU: La-Lafayette, Arizona, Tulane, Fresno St

Tenn: Cal, USAF, Marshall, Memphis St

Personally I don't think it means that much. Does anybody honestly believe Arkansas St., La-Monroe, La-Lafayette, or Memphis St. pose more of a threat than a I-AA team?

They all want the 12th game for $$$$$$ but hardly any of the larger schools have scheduled a top 10 opponent.  Can anyone name a top 25 school that scheduled an opponent ranked in the top 25?

218061[/snapback]

Ohio St.@ Texas this year.

They all want the 12th game for $$$$$$ but hardly any of the larger schools have scheduled a top 10 opponent.  Can anyone name a top 25 school that scheduled an opponent ranked in the top 25?

218061[/snapback]

There aren't many, that's for sure...Ohio State/Texas, Nebraska/USC, Michigan/Notre Dame (annual game that would be played anyway, 12th game or not) and Penn State/Notre Dame are the only ones I see right now.

There are some matchups that could potentially be good (Georgia-Colorado, Georgia Tech-Notre Dame, Oregon-Oklahoma), but aren't quite as high-profile.

218014[/snapback]

218015[/snapback]

Personally I don't think it means that much. Does anybody honestly believe Arkansas St., La-Monroe, La-Lafayette, or Memphis St. pose more of a threat than a I-AA team?

218064[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Memphis is much better than any Div 1-AA seeing that they have gone to 3 bowl games out of the past 4 years. The Vols have the toughest overall OOC slate and actually 4 teams that people have heard of.

218014[/snapback]

218015[/snapback]

218064[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Memphis is much better than any Div 1-AA seeing that they have gone to 3 bowl games out of the past 4 years. The Vols have the toughest overall OOC slate and actually 4 teams that people have heard of.

218087[/snapback]

You're right. I thought they were playing Memphis St. (who I had never heard of and assumed they were a bad team). I looked it back up and it is Memphis, who definately is better than a 1-AA team. We'll see how they respond to the loss of DeAngelo Williams. Tennessee definately has a schedule to be proud of this year..

But my point stands about the other three schools.

I for one would love to see a game between AUBURN and AIR FORCE in colorado...My inlaws live across the street from the accademy and would make a heck of a game and road trip..

To see the planes fly over before the games are AUSOME!!! especially in may when the THUNDER BIRDS are there for graduation.

What bothers me about this is the increase in donation to Tigers Unlimited. The donation got larger and the 12th game is Buffalo. Tubs said he didn't want to play a 12th game with the SEC schedule he has. I guess he isn't.

218014[/snapback]

218015[/snapback]

218064[/snapback]

218087[/snapback]

You're right. I thought they were playing Memphis St. (who I had never heard of and assumed they were a bad team). I looked it back up and it is Memphis, who definately is better than a 1-AA team. We'll see how they respond to the loss of DeAngelo Williams. Tennessee definately has a schedule to be proud of this year..

But my point stands about the other three schools.

218088[/snapback]

Memphis and Memphis state are the same school. They dropped the "state" from their official university title several years ago...

Archived