Auburn announces 2006 football schedule

SKCAUB

2006 AUBURN SCHDULE

Sept. 2 Washington State (ESPN) Auburn

Sept. 9 at Mississippi State Starkville, Miss.

Sept. 16 LSU Auburn

Sept. 23 Buffalo Auburn

Sept. 28 at South Carolina (ESPN) Columbia, S.C.

Oct. 7 Arkansas Auburn

Oct. 14 Florida Auburn

Oct. 21 Tulane Auburn

Oct. 28 at Ole Miss Oxford, Miss.

Nov. 4 Arkansas State Auburn

Nov. 11 Georgia Auburn

Nov. 18 at Alabama Tuscaloosa, Ala.

:au::homer:

2006 schedule

Sept. 2 Washington State (ESPN)

Sept. 9 @ Miss. State

Sept. 16 LSU

Sept. 23 Buffalo

Sept. 28 @ South Carolina (Thursday ESPN)

Oct. 7 Arkansas

Oct. 14 Florida

Oct. 21 Tulane (homecoming)

Oct. 28 @Ole Miss

Nov. 4 Arkansas State

Nov. 11 Georgia

Nov. 18 @ Alabama

12 straight weeks..no bye week

Link

Again I ask...Buffalo??? that really hurts our strength of schedule IMO

Buffalo is a 1A MAC team. The game with Buffalo is the Saturday before AU play's on Thursday night at South Carolina - a short week, which then gives AU an extra two days to prepare for Arkansas at home.

Buffalo?!?!?!? I just moved to Buffalo at the end of last season - this has to be an Omen!!! :P:big:;)

Too bad it isn't a "home and home" I would love to be able to see Auburn football after only a 10 minute car ride. And even if not a single UB fan showed up - I think AUburn fans could fill their stadium - it's not so big.

Here's the "inside scoop" I got from my co-workers on Buffalo football - "They have a football team?, Really??" and from a more knowledgable source: "Their performance makes the Bill's look good - and that's bad".

I guess we can get some PT down the depth charts.

Btw, whats with the 12 stright games? UA is doing the same thing.

217606[/snapback]

Great, but this thread is about AUBURN! :big::poke:

Actually the NCAA is allowing 12 games this year but will not allow schools start before a certain date. Then the SECC game is already scheduled. But they could reschedule the SECC game couldn't they?

But you guys will not have to worry about that game this year will you? :poke:

Why is Arkansas on there twice?  Is one ASU?

217577[/snapback]

Yes, the last one.

217614[/snapback]

HEY...i fixed it right after i posted it.. :P:P

that is rough, but a long way off.

right now lets just focus on our NINE home games in 2006....

don't forget UAT is ALWAYS a HOME GAME :au::au:

I only with that Buffalo was a mistype and you ment the Colorado Buffaloes...I remember 4 years ago when Buffalo was the only 1-A that Rutgers beat. I think...all i know is they STINK...oh well that'll be one of the "let the froshies get PT game"

Yea I don't like Buffalo - Well at least we are done with D-IAA opponents

South Carolina ... my buddy and I are gonna take Thursday off from classes and head to campus, sit down, drink some beer and just smile and wave to the students as they go to class. My first non-saturday football game (except bowl games)... weird.

Think about our 2007 schedule for a moment..

We lose Carolina and pick up Vandy at home (I believe)

:lsu:

:arky:

:uf:

:uga:

Ouch.

217633[/snapback]

I agree about that being tough. But the one thing I will like about it is the fact we will have a senior quarterback for those games. That is a HUGE factor.

Thank goodness that Thursday night game is in Columbia.

Trying to get to and from class on a game day is MURDER because the fans come and conveinetly forget that its a univeristy first and a football team second and that 20,000 students are there to get an education and still have class on a Thursday.

I would hope Auburn never plays another home game on a Thursday night.

9 home games rule though!

eight home games are awesome, and Im glad we have good games mixed evenly throughout the season. Last year we had way to many easy, afternoon games where all us students are hung over and allmost dead. I mean, I love Auburn football, but the spirit around campus sucked last year when we played all those easy games in a row.

I don't see why people are complaining about Buffalo. Everybody knew we were going to have a cupcake on there and at least Buffalo is a very, very, small improvement from Temple. Looks like a good schedule to me.

I don't see why people are complaining about Buffalo.  Everybody knew we were going to have a cupcake on there and at least Buffalo is a very, very, small improvement from Temple.  Looks like a good schedule to me.

217707[/snapback]

Buffalo is not a better replacement then Temple as they were ranked lower then them in many computer rankings.

Yes a cupcake but needed I assume.

Visiblity into the northeast maybe big maybe

Only 8 home games

UAB would look pretty good now don't ya think. Keep all that money in state.

Oh well we still have uat on the schedule.

217582[/snapback]

That's the same thing as in Mississippi. :msu: and :om: are scared to play Southern Miss. They know they will get imbarrassed by a C-USA team.

Buffalo = Temple = cupcake...no significant difference to speak of between the two. They both blow ass, but it's better than a 1-AA opponent.

I like the way that schedule sets up...breathers either before or after most of our big games (Buffalo after LSU, Tulane after Florida, Ark St before UGA).

Archived