New Ole Mis Logo?

DKW 86

olemiss_logo04.gif

Rivals board, anyone know if this IS the new logo?

Sheesh, Brokeback Ole Miss... :big:

220107[/snapback]

I thought this was the new logo:

o3.gif

And this was the cornerstone of their marketing campaign:

hell.jpg

I read a report some time back that Ol Miss was indeed considering a change to their logo. We had a thread going on about it on RTB. It has to do with pressure from politicaly correct critics that are claiming the current logo could be seen as offensive to minorities. Here is the new one:

291607.gif

I thought the "brokeback" logo was reserved for west vance.

http://olemiss.rivals.com/

I cant find it on the athletics site. Did find these however.

ozone-120.jpg

old-red-alert-logo-120x84.gif

Check out this site, scroll to end of athletics logos.

http://torchcreative.com

The logo is listed as "University of Mississippi proposed athletic logo." It appears to be a done deal from what I just read. Very early stages however.

Yeah, they will now have Brokeback Grove. They will change the name of the team to Caballeros. And they will have a J Crew designer come by and hand out dressing tips for all the "boys."

I really hate that Ole Miss has to change the mascot that they have had for so many years because they are not pc. Rebels whether you like it or not are a part of our history in the south.......I dont agree with slavery or segregation but to change a schools history is bull

I really hate that Ole Miss has to change the mascot that they have had for so many years because they are not pc. Rebels whether you like it or not are a part of our history in the south.......I dont agree with slavery or segregation but to change a schools history is bull

220161[/snapback]

Well, I must agree and disagree. THe term "Rebels" was applied to us by the Yankees. It was a derogatory term, in that they were calling it a "Civil" War...an insurrection, if you will. We were Confederates, a separate country, not Rebels of the God forsaken, Teddy Kennedy, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton union...so I'm for getting rid of it. But hey...that's just me. That said...down with slavery...up with States (everybody's) Rights! B)

:au::homer:

"Colonel Reb" has been re-branded as "Grey Sanchez"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA

That's to funny.

Question is, how many people got that?

"Colonel Reb" has been re-branded as "Grey Sanchez"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAA

That's to funny.

Question is, how many people got that?

220215[/snapback]

Ya....thats just nasty......

Archived