And you guys think BAMA is arrogant?

BamaGrad03

SEC Titles before Spurrier = 0

SEC Titles after Spurrier = 0

They beat our ass yearly then again they get their ass handed to them by several other teams hence us continuing to get to the SECCG.

BTW, BG...i loved this quote

There are Alabama fans who believe the terrorists attacked on 9/11 because it was Bear Bryant's birthday. I'm not kidding.

what's funny is I don't hate UF for any of the reasons he listed in his column - rather I hate UF because most of the fans are pompous asses like the writer

I don't deal with Florida fans so I don't have an opinion about thier fans. I didn't like Spurrier at UF but have loved him since. I liked beating UF (the 1994 game is the most meaning to me) and still do, but I never hated their teams. I liked seeing them win. Mostly because I don't care for FSU and UM. I wanted UF (i.e. the SEC team) to best those other schools.

You could almost change the UF's to uat's in the section before the top ten and get a good view of how most SEC fans view uat. Of course Tuscaloosa is in the South, so that arguement is out, but the other things sould just like uat.

I've never really thought about UF as a true HATED rival. AU/UF has a long history of playing each other and until conference realignment, we played them every year and it was always a big game. And absolutely, it was a big deal for anyone in the country to beat them under Spurrier.

But, I never felt it developed as a rivalry the way ours has with LSU. We've all had input about our biggest rival games and mine go:

Bama

UGA(Not hated, I love that game and their fans)

LSU

Then put a hat over the rest of them, UT, UF, OM etc.

I think this guy is portraying a little too much self-importance for the UF program. FSU hates em'. UGA hates em'. And....... :blink: ??

Good Lord that guy does sound like a Bama fan. Whats with that who wears orange and blue thing, does he not realize that our colors are still orange and blue. I am the same way it's not really UF it's more there fans. I went to the Peach Bowl in 2004 when they played UM and they reminded me of why I hated them so much.

"Florida is the most despised school in the conference. It's always been that way because UF is UF. It's the only school without a drawl. The other 11 are in the South. Florida is not. It's in Florida. Florida's not the South. Florida is where southerners go on vacation. Or to retire."

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read in my 57 years...and that's saying something. Florida is the most despised school in the conference???? Not even close!!! :blink:

:au::homer:

I don't deal with Florida fans so I don't have an opinion about thier fans.  I didn't like Spurrier at UF but have loved him since.  I liked beating UF (the 1994 game is the most meaning to me) and still do, but I never hated their teams.  I liked seeing them win.  Mostly because I don't care for FSU and UM.  I wanted UF (i.e. the SEC team) to best those other schools.

You could almost change the UF's to uat's in the section before the top ten and get a good view of how most SEC fans view uat.  Of course Tuscaloosa is in the South, so that arguement is out, but the other things sould just like uat.

221392[/snapback]

The difference, to me, is that Alabama has earned theirs over their history by winning consistently. What did UF do outside of the 90s? nothing.

Hell bama's won like the last 4 against UF. Combined score of the last 2 games? 61-10.

In the SEC UF is behind everyone but UK, USC, MSU, vandy and MAYBE ole miss in terms of program tradition.

tradition wise that is STILL true (although the razorhawgs are right there with just one real solid run in their history). uf has only one nice run to fall back on, and it just happened to be in the 90s.

i don't hate the gators. i kinda liked when they were the big dogs b/c it gave you something to shoot for and honestly? they weren't really as far ahead as they thought. auburn would've beaten them AGAIN if we'd played in the title game in 1993, which means they would've had two straight loses in the title game (92 lost to bama). other than that, they basically got hot when lsu and uga were down programs, and once auburn, uga, and lsu got back on track, uf has been all but irrelevant.

would that have happened without spurrier's departure? well, steveo wasn't exactly running the show in his final years anyway now was he? one title game appearance (a win over auburn in 2000) in his last four years says no. he certainly couldn't have prevented 2003 lsu (who lost to zook anyway) or 2004 auburn.

i am jealous of their money, but i'm jealous of uga's money too. on the athletic AND academic side. it comes from having more students and better state governments... not from anything the athletic department does. and yeah, florida isn't the south, but the university of florida is sec through and through. you ask people in this conference about who doesn't belong and the answers are invariably "arkansas, vandy, or south carolina." never the gators. we love to hate them too much.

and i guess this guy never noticed buuuuuut... auburn wears orange and blue too. oh well.

"Florida is the most despised school in the conference. It's always been that way because UF is UF. It's the only school without a drawl. The other 11 are in the South. Florida is not. It's in Florida. Florida's not the South. Florida is where southerners go on vacation. Or to retire."

That's just about the dumbest thing I've read in my 57 years...and that's saying something. Florida is the most despised school in the conference???? Not even close!!! :blink:

:au:   :homer:

221399[/snapback]

Dude has obviously never ventured off-campus in G'vegas. It's as country as any place in AL or GA.

The girls party in jean shorts....

This STILL is not even close to the undeserved arrogance that flows from west vance......not even close.

UF has always been one of my most hated teams. Bammer is #1 and the others depend on the time. UF and Tenn. use to be neck and neck for #2 but since AU doesn't play them that often they been replaced by LSU. One of my first experiences with UF was when the came to Auburn in 1985. The fans were such a holes I've hated them ever since. As for this guys thoughts on location, I just don't understand. All Auburn fans aren't from Auburn, Alabama and not all UF fans are from Gainesville. There are just as many good ole boys in North Florida as there are in Alabama.

i had the unfortunate pleasure of going to the game in gainesville in 94. the fans were rude before the game, nasty during the game and livid after the game. on that day, they made the whos in br look like choir boys.

if we had taken up every offer to fight, my friends and i could have been ranked contenders after when that day was over. amazing what came out of people's mouths that day.

There are Alabama fans who believe the terrorists attacked on 9/11 because it was Bear Bryant's birthday.

OMG, that was funny...

I dont even dislike :uf: anymore. They were very bad fans back in the 80's, Galen Hall and Pell. CSS was actually a good thing for them. I know this, when we played :uf: , we fought over season tickets. Loved beating them when we did. Dye had a winning record against every :sec: team but :uf: .

Rivlaries now? Bama, for traditions sake and :lsu: is far more heated than :uf: Now days, :uf: and :ut: are a wash.

Here's my take on this. They have one of the largest if not the largest athletic budgets in the SEC, yet only 10 years of success out of 100 years of trying (football). Their other sports are as irrelevant. Even with their run in the 90's, we still saw Alabama, and Tennessee win NC's and Auburn have an undefeated season. Their other sports are still behind the other teams in the SEC... Swimming and diving belongs to Auburn(mens) and Auburn and Georgia(womens), Basketball belongs to Kentucky(even though they aren't having the best season now, they are still the measuring stick in the SEC) Track belongs to LSU, Golf is where they've had a little success. I would be embarrassed if I were a UF fan knowing the operating budget they have to not have more consistency. Until they prove in football that they can win a championship without spurrier, they are as relevant in the SEC as Georgia Tech, and Georgia Tech left the SEC after the 1963 season.

"Just look at the colors. Orange and Blue? Who wears orange and blue anywhere but to a Gator game?"

Yeah, you never see that crazy combo at an Auburn game.

221406[/snapback]

Yeah, or Clemson or Illinois...

I despise Florida fans for many reasons, the first of which is the arrogance. Contrary to popular belief though, that arrogance didn't come from Florida winning in the 90's. That arrogance is inbred in the northerners who venture into the "Non-South". They just put it to very good use at the Gator games.

They do have one thing in common with bammers - declaring themselves to be the be-all-end-all after success under ONE coach. But Bahr was at bammer lots longer than CSS was at Florida, so declare themselves the cornered market on "hatred" is really a stretch.

I never hated FL - I hated UF under Spurrier. Then I just felt sorry for them under Zook. Maybe I will come to hate them again under the Urban Legend In His Own Mind, but only time will tell. Right now, they are a once every couple of years blip on the radar, nothing more.

I have never stopped hating bammer. Never have, never will. :moon:

I live about 7 minutes from UF, so I'm a little bit desensitized to it all. I don't even notice the gaytor stuff anymore, honestly.

They do have one thing in common with bammers - declaring themselves to be the be-all-end-all after success under ONE coach.  But Bahr was at bammer lots longer than CSS was at Florida, so declare themselves the cornered market on "hatred" is really a stretch.

I never hated FL - I hated UF under Spurrier.  Then I just felt sorry for them under Zook.  Maybe I will come to hate them again under the Urban Legend In His Own Mind, but only time will tell.  Right now, they are a once every couple of years blip on the radar, nothing more.

I have never stopped hating bammer.  Never have, never will. :moon:

221499[/snapback]

Amen and AMEN.

(She ain't called the Football Goddess for nothin'! ) B)

Guest Tigrinum Major

The reason I hated Florida back in teh day was their classless and obsence fans. Their fans will drop an F bomb in the presence of the Pope. Who can forget the Number 36 shirts with a red slash through them after the Gregg Pratt tragedy?

Now that we don't play them very often, I don't despise them so much.

I always have liked Spurrier. He is funny as hell. Once, when he was playing in the Pro-Am at the Bruno's, he was in a foursome with Finebaum. Paul proceeded to hook his first drive into the tennis courts at Greystone. Spurrier watched it bounce on the asphalt and deadpanned, "15-Love" before he teed it up. Classic.

Archived