What's your opinion of Ole Miss

Shug2003

45 offers already for next year as well as 12 commits? This is INSANE! I just happened to notice offers piling up as I scanned through the list of 2007 prospects as well as commits. I've never seen this happen before in the history of recruiting! What do you guys think of this? It is good? Is bad? or is meaningless? Finally, is it clean???? <_<:au:

Shug, if this is clean, I can't see where this will have any effect on the outcome of next year's recruiting. The top recruits are not going to be affected much by early offers. Even the ones who committed will probably waiver (unless they bleed Ole Miss) when and if other top schools began to extend offers. This guy is really amazing. He has to change the perception at Ole Miss and he is succeeding to some extent. However, ultimately wins are what gets attention and the enthusiasm may begin to subside once he gets three or four years at no better than seven or eight wins at best. If however, he manages to win nine to ten games a couple of times and maybe challenges for the West then we all may need to step back and reassess our position.

I'm not a believer yet.

I wonder how much they really know about these kids. It seams to me that they couldn't have done a whole lot research as of this point. Even so, the number of commitments that they have to date is impresive.

I don't know why, but I get the sneaky suspicion that the SEC will be 11 strong in about five years.  It's only a matter of time...

221941[/snapback]

That's not fair, I think Bama will one day field a decent team. :poke:

just saw where they have offered to 97 kids so far. That's amazing! Offer 250 schollys and you're bound to get 25. :big:

222529[/snapback]

Just proof that if you throw enough spit on the wall, some of it is bound to stick...

Scott Kennedy on Scout said OM has offered like 90+ kids already.

They will get some good ones thanks to Ed O's hard work but they won't get a sensational class offering so many kids

They're going to lose a lot of commits, possibly soon once all the other schools start offering the real good ones like Alex Williams and Ridley. Strong is going to stick with Coach 0 though.

Time will tell, but, I do not think the "O-Train" will get very far down the track. :no:

Im going to go meaningless. Nothing is solid till they sign those letter of intents.

i second that + let's see how these players will perform on the field once they get to ole miss. coaching too will be a big factor. i think ole miss will continue its ways and have a good team every 6 to 8 years.

Let's see if their other 5-Star recruit Powe, ever sees the field

224501[/snapback]

I saw Powe play in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game in Mobile after his senior year of high school. Unless he has improved a GREAT deal, he isn't anything to write home about. He drew a 15 yard penalty before the first snap on an unbelievably cheap shot on the center, then spent the rest of the game either on his butt or in the defensive secondary getting blown out. It sort of made me wonder if he had been facing any quality competition in high school. He shouldn't have looked that bad in a high school all-star game.

I hear he is up to around 360 pounds now. I don't see how that much lard can do anything except get in the way.

Archived