The New New Gore

Tigermike

It's a long article so I will not post entirely. Here is enough to whet your desire to know more about the great white hope of the DNC, the one and only Heap Big Wooden Statue Al Gore.

The New New Gore

From our April issue (full content): Five years ago, Al Gore was the much-mocked pol who blew a gimme with his stiff demeanor and know-it-all style. Today? C’mon, admit it: You like him again.

By Ezra Klein

Web Exclusive: 03.21.06

The most important speech of Al Gore’s post–non-presidency was neither well-covered nor particularly dramatic. He delivered it against a plain blue curtain, and when he finished, the applause rippled but never roared. None in attendance, however, would have dared call it boring.

It’s hard to believe that Gore doesn’t wish to correct the record on himself, rewrite his legacy. In a sense, that’s what he’s been doing since 2000. Andrei Cherny, a former close aide of Gore’s interviewed for this piece, protested that “Gore was never a prototypical New Democrat. He never thought of himself that way. ... There were a lot moments of overlap, but he always had a much more populist streak than the DLC did. Partly his father’s son, that old southern populist tradition.”

Since his loss, that old populist tradition has burst through the membranes of caution and ambition that once constrained it, and Gore has exploded back into the Democratic consciousness. In the late 1980s, his reputation as a New Democrat propelled him to the party’s vanguard; in 1992, it netted him the vice presidency. Today, his leadership as a New New Democrat, enabled by his disintermediated communication strategies, has begun restoring his reputation among liberals and allowed him to step forth from the wreckage of 2000 as a progressive statesman. The question, of course, is whether he could retain that standing in the chaos of a presidential campaign. The Internet may well have reinvented Gore, but for Gore, the issue may be whether it’s done the same to politics.

link

Obama?...Please, oh PLEASE, let the libs nominate this goober...PLEASE ! ! !

:lol::lol::lol:

That just shows how desperate the Dems are. I personally think America would vote for a black president, but it would have to be Colin Powell or Condi Rice, both of whom have gravitas and experience. Barack Obama has held office for one term. Hardly presidential timber at this point.

I don't know enough about Barak to comment either way, except that Ted Kennedy has trouble pronouncing his name, and got him confused w/ Osama ... :blink: Not an overly glowing image there, Teddy boy.

Forget Gore. Let's go with Barack Obama.

obama.jpg

226463[/snapback]

So that is his stance on the problems in Africa, a t-shirt?

That just shows how desperate the Dems are. I personally think America would vote for a black president, but it would have to be Colin Powell or Condi Rice, both of whom have gravitas and experience. Barack Obama has held office for one term. Hardly presidential timber at this point.

226514[/snapback]

Colin nor Condi have ever been elected to anything. I used to really respect Colin, but he decided to piss his credibility away. Condi...I hope she runs. She would make a lousy politician. She needs to stick to appointed office and with Paul Tagliabu retiring, her dream job is becoming available.

Archived