Rivalries that should be renewed...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

College football games we can't live without

I agree with some:

Texas vs. Arkansas

The rivalry time slowly is forgetting. "Wooooo, Pig!!! Sooooie!" "Hook 'em Horns!" Remember that?

disagree with others:

Indiana vs. Kentucky

This was wrongly taken from us. And bring back the damn Bourbon Barrel! I'm sick of this political correctness crap.

and some will not happen until a certain someone dies or retires:

Florida State vs. Auburn

This almost happened a few years ago when Terry Bowden was on the Plains. The schools are classic powers that aren't that far apart. LSU vs. Florida State would be a great I-10 matchup.

Any others you might like to see?

I can think of one: Alabama versus UAB. Just for giggles.

Only prob with that is UAB will Beat Bama

and they Could not handle that at all...after all UAB is already bigger University than that one up the road.

I too wanna see Auburn/Florida State. My parents have been to one and have seen others but I have yet to watch a Tiger showdown with the Noles. I wouldn't mind seeing Auburn and Clemson tussle, also a few games against Texas wouldn't hurt. Another game that needs to be brought back is Texas A&M/LSU.

and they Could not handle that at all...after all UAB is already bigger University than that one up the road.

227609[/snapback]

Wrong!

UAB enrollment: 17,000

UA enrollment: 22,000

thanks for playing

I wish he would have correctly distinguished between both of those UA's.... I guess UAT does have a few more than UAB.

Anyway, I would personally like to see us renew our rivalry with GT. We've played them a couple of times in recent years but I would like to see that maybe become a regular OOC game. They're usually a very respectable opponent and I think it'd be cool.

Would love to see us play GT every year. F$U would be nice, too.

Clemson v. Auburn

would like our non conference games each year to be one patsy and then GT, Clemson and FSU. Hell, let the patsy become UT.......I mis playing them every year.

227609[/snapback]

Wrong!

thanks for playing

227624[/snapback]

Wrong!

Enrollment is not even 21,000, even counting the "Gadsden Center" What is that? UAG?

"Official" stats

Southern Miss vs. Ole Miss or Mississippi State

A classic case of two SEC schools that want NO part of getting their pants pulled down by an in-state little brother who's more than capable of doing it. You know it. I know it. Ole Miss and Mississippi State know it.

I wonder what Big O over in Oxford thinks of that remark. :roflol:

Recalling an article last year about matchups that have never occurred--Auburn vs. Notre Dame, for curiosity's sake. Couldn't we take 'em?

227609[/snapback]

Wrong!

thanks for playing

227624[/snapback]

Wrong!

Enrollment is not even 21,000, even counting the "Gadsden Center" What is that? UAG?

"Official" stats

227683[/snapback]

UAG ! ! ! :lol::lol::roflol::roflol:

Another game that needs to be brought back is Texas A&M/LSU.

227616[/snapback]

no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!

227676[/snapback]

I too would like to see that rivalry resumed. For YEARS the aggies were the whos biggest rival.

Auburn needs to play Nebraska, those Huskers need a loss down on the Plains. Too bad Michigan and Ohio State are too chicken to schedule a home and home with Auburn, guess going south for a game is beneath them. Ole Miss and Miss. State are afraid to play USM, they know the Eagles would rough them up and the Grove and the cowbells wouldn't be able to stop it.

Auburn needs to play Nebraska, those Huskers need a loss down on the Plains. Too bad Michigan and Ohio State are too chicken to schedule a home and home with Auburn, guess going south for a game is beneath them. Ole Miss and Miss. State are afraid to play USM, they know the Eagles would rough them up and the Grove and the cowbells wouldn't be able to stop it.

227896[/snapback]

I wish USM could be added to the SEC. I think they would be a good pick up. Well, I guess only in football. I dont really know if thay have much of anything else.

I know, I know, Wartim is going to say that Alabama should be punted out.......im just waiting for it.

I for one was glad to see Bama fill the gap left by the SEC from the "traditional rivalry" with Vanderbilt. I am looking forward to the intense showdowns with FIU.

I for one was glad to see Bama fill the gap left by the SEC from the "traditional rivalry" with Vanderbilt.  I am looking forward to the intense showdowns with FIU.

228009[/snapback]

smartass

smartass

228036[/snapback]

You just can't handle the truth.

228039[/snapback]

Im not even going to get started on AU's amazing schedule.

Guest Tigrinum Major
smartass

228036[/snapback]

You just can't handle the truth.

228039[/snapback]

Im not even going to get started on AU's amazing schedule.

228088[/snapback]

Our two traditional rivals were Florida and Georgia. Bama's were UT and Vandy.

Florida + Georgia > Tennessee + Vanderbilt

We both play out of conference creampuffs.

Just like the new Liberty Bowl contract, no inter-state rivalries. MS State and Ole Miss were scared that they might have to play Southern Miss. I hate State and Ole Miss more than I do Alabama.

Southern Miss would be a great team for the SEC. Football and Baseball would be the top conferences for them. They did host a NCAA Baseball Regional two years ago. They also have 8 bowl appearances in the last 9 years. Southern is also the 2nd largest school in Mississippi.

Archived