Top 10 RB Universities...

vatz22au

From collegefootballnews.com : link

2.  Auburn

Think of Auburn running backs and most college football fans will instantly recall Bo Jackson. The Tiger running attack has enjoyed a ton of fantastic performers other than just the two-sport superstar, and few backfields have had as many good runners splitting time. Imagine having Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown to choose from. How about Lionel James and Brent Fullwood to go along with Bo? Don't forget about James Brooks, Joe Cribbs and Willie Andrews. It's nearly impossible to narrow the list down to a top five leaving out players like Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis and Kenny Irons.

Auburn's five greatest running backs

1) Bo Jackson - The 1985 Heisman Trophy winner was actually more dangerous in his sophomore season when he averaged 7.7 yards per carry. Injuries kept him from reaching his full potential over his final two seasons getting knocked out of two of the biggest games of the 1985 campaign against Tennessee and Florida making the Heisman race closer than it should have been.

2) Carnell Williams - The Cadillac would've put up mega-numbers if he didn't have to split time with Ronnie Brown. While other great Tiger backs could lay claim to the number two spot, Williams was too good to move down further.

3) Joe Cribbs - After seeing a little bit of time in his freshman season, Cribbs took off rushing for 3,056 yards in his final three campaigns finishing with 34 touchdowns. He was the school's all-time leading rusher before James Brooks barely passed him in 1980.

4) Brent Fullwood - The program's most spectacular back not named Bo, Fullwood averaged 7.2 yards per carry with a scary-good 8.3 average in his senior. An argument could be made that he was a better home-run hitter than Jackson.

5) James Brooks - Rudi Johnson and Stephen Davis deserve this spot, but Brooks was the school's all-time leading rusher before Jackson came along running for 3,523 yards and 24 touchdowns averaging 5.7 yards per carry.

Quick trivia question...

Anyone know who held many of the rushing records before any of the guys listed above showed up on campus?

230973[/snapback]

I dunno, Jimmy Sidle?

Quick trivia question...

Anyone know who held many of the rushing records before any of the guys listed above showed up on campus?

230973[/snapback]

That would have to be Secdrick McIntyre who had 1992 career rushing yards before Brooks or Cribbs arrived.

speaking of running backs i remember a topic that was started a while ago, sort of a "where are they now" Well in coversation it came up that a guy I know has hired Lectron Williams as his personal trainer in Mobile.

speaking of running backs i remember a topic that was started a while ago, sort of a "where are they now"  Well in coversation it came up that a guy I know has hired Lectron Williams as his personal trainer in Mobile.

231000[/snapback]

I can't wait for the next great debates of who will follow KI,

Brad Lester or Ben Tate. :D

If I'm right I think 2007 Brad will only be a true Junior and Ben a true Soph.

Long live the Auburn running game!

Guest Tigrinum Major
I can't wait for the next great debates of who will follow KI,

Brad Lester or Ben Tate.

231143[/snapback]

Caleb King.

BO HARRIS ! ! !

6' 2 235 4.4 ! ! !

Only two short years of JUCO

BO HARRIS ! ! !

6' 2  235  4.4 ! ! !

Only two short years of JUCO

231187[/snapback]

Will he have to go to JUCO?

Isn't he the kid that left for a prep school right before he signed his LOI?

kenny's gonna be the guy this year barring injury, which is just fine with me b/c he's a first/second round nfl running back, but i do share the enthusiasm over brad lester. before ki exploded in the second half of the season, i thought brad lester looked like a warrick dunn clone. then he looked even better at the spring game. i'm serious, i think that kid has everything that dunn had, and he was an all-american in college and has been all-pro in the nfl. brad can be that good.

i'm not dogging tate, but i think he's going to have a longer wait to be the man on the plains than he ever expected. he's going to get carries (especially after kenny's gone), but he's gonna have a war to win the starting job away from lester.

kenny's gonna be the guy this year barring injury, which is just fine with me b/c he's a first/second round nfl running back, but i do share the enthusiasm over brad lester. before ki exploded in the second half of the season, i thought brad lester looked like a warrick dunn clone. then he looked even better at the spring game. i'm serious, i think that kid has everything that dunn had, and he was an all-american in college and has been all-pro in the nfl. brad can be that good.

i'm not dogging tate, but i think he's going to have a longer wait to be the man on the plains than he ever expected. he's going to get carries (especially after kenny's gone), but he's gonna have a war to win the starting job away from lester.

231232[/snapback]

Tate will get plenty of carries bc Lester is not an every down back. The combination looks very similar to Carnell and Ronnie IMO.

Archived