NFL Draft

DCTiger

If the draft "mocker" are right, we may have an Auburn representative in each of the 7 rounds.

The order is expected to go something like this:

Rd 1 Marcus M.

Rd 2 Stanley M.

Rd 3 Devin A.

Rd 4 Ben O.

Rd 5 Anthony M. and Troy R.

Rd 6 Travis W.

Rd 7 Cooper W. and Tommy J.

Would love to see Marcus in TB blocking for the Caddy ... or maybe Devin or Ben landing with Jason in DC. (That would be awesome). Theres talk of Travis moving to safety and seems Mix has already decided that he is a tight end.

I just hope the best for all 9 of them. Show them the $$$.

:cheer::au::cheer::au::cheer::au::cheer::au:

I had assumed that Mix would be the first receiver to go, with his size and height...

I thought the same. But aparently there are big questions about his work ethic and his desire. Maybe that explains why he always seemed under-utilized on the plains.

When did McClover improve his stock so much? I don't usually pay attention to this stuff so just wondering if he's had good workouts or whatever.

When did McClover improve his stock so much?

I wonder if the teams just were not as familiar because of his lack of PT at Auburn. Once they sat and studied the film Im sure they saw his potential as an explosive pass-rusher.

Maybe he had the ankle evaluated and teams decided it was a non-issue.

On another note, I really hope to see T. Williams do something at the next level. He is a hard worker that is so quick on the lateral running plays. I hope his size doesnt make teams shy. He has as big a heart as anyone.

When did McClover improve his stock so much?

I wonder if the teams just were not as familiar because of his lack of PT at Auburn. Once they sat and studied the film Im sure they saw his potential as an explosive pass-rusher.

Maybe he had the ankle evaluated and teams decided it was a non-issue.

On another note, I really hope to see T. Williams do something at the next level. He is a hard worker that is so quick on the lateral running plays. I hope his size doesnt make teams shy. He has as big a heart as anyone.

231522[/snapback]

He has been working out for several teams as a safety in recent weeks. I am afraid that many teams will shy away from him because he has no experience there, but he will be a steal for some team in late rounds if they are willing to take a chance.

231522[/snapback]

Two words for you.....Mike Singletary (sp)

I read an article in the Florida Times-Union today that said that the scouts are becoming a little leery of Marcus because of weight fluctuation and a lack of stamina. Can anyone address that?

to more relevant words for you michael boulware. he played linebacker at fsu, got converted to safety as a rookie, and made the pro-bowl in his second season for the seahawks. that's what travis should model himself after.

I read an article in the Florida Times-Union today that said that the scouts are becoming a little leery of Marcus because of weight fluctuation  and a lack of stamina. Can anyone address that?

231575[/snapback]

I don't know about any kind of a stamina problem. When he was at Auburn he would always be strides infront of everybody else when the team did sprints at the end of practices. With his size, the speed and stamina, to be running at the end of practice like that, is just amazing.

I read an article in the Florida Times-Union today that said that the scouts are becoming a little leery of Marcus because of weight fluctuation  and a lack of stamina. Can anyone address that?

231575[/snapback]

I don't know about any kind of a stamina problem. When he was at Auburn he would always be strides infront of everybody else when the team did sprints at the end of practices. With his size, the speed and stamina, to be running at the end of practice like that, is just amazing.

231606[/snapback]

That's what I thought. Maybe the media blowing a rumor out of proportion. Has that ever happened? :P

231575[/snapback]

I didn't see that, but on NFL.com Gil Brandt said that if he didn't pass the physical he could slip to the 6th or 7th round. Otherwise he is a second rounder.

Most of the mock drafts i have seen have him in the second round now.

What physical is he talking about? A team specific physical? Hasn't already taken a physical at the combine?

I still wouldn't be suprised to see him go to the Bucs in the first round.

There is no way he slips out of the second.

Anyone else feel really weird seeing people you watched for years go on to putting another uniform on?

231826[/snapback]

Uh, I like Auburn football, and appreciate the efforts of the players, but I don't go for watching them put on uniforms, or take them off. That's pretty creepy there, although not quite as creepy as a special feature on the "platonic" manlovefest of the Davids.

Uh, I like Auburn football, and appreciate the efforts of the players, but I don't go for watching them put on uniforms, or take them off.  That's pretty creepy there, although not quite as creepy as a special feature on the "platonic" manlovefest of the Davids.

232016[/snapback]

:bounce:

Anyone else feel really weird seeing people you watched for years go on to putting another uniform on?

carnell playing for tampa bay. not just a different uniforn but tampa ffn bay.

ronnie brown with the dolphins. ditto. the ffn dolphins.

i'm an old old school atlanta falcons fan. i hate tampa and even more so the dolphins.

its hard for me to keep coming up with scenarios where they both do extremely well every week, but both teams go 0-16.

231826[/snapback]

I try to pull for all the former Auburn players......I dont care who they play for!

carnell playing for tampa bay. not just a different uniforn but tampa ffn bay.

ronnie brown with the dolphins. ditto. the ffn dolphins.

i'm an old old school atlanta falcons fan. i hate tampa and even more so the dolphins.

its hard for me to keep coming up with scenarios where they both do extremely well every week, but both teams go 0-16.

232023[/snapback]

Amen brother. I can no longer root for the Caddy for the same reason. As far as Ronnie, I'll be happy so long as he doesn't ingest any of the smoke emanating from Mr. Williams' locker.

231826[/snapback]

I try to pull for all the former Auburn players......I dont care who they play for!

232034[/snapback]

Wasn't saying I didnt pull but just weird seeing them have any other uni but AU on

I am a big Cowboys fan, but more than that, i just love to see AU guys do well. Usually pick the team with the most AU alumni to win the superbowl if that is an option.

Go Kendall Simmons!

I kinda like the Bucs....Gruden is a "at your face" coach that I like to see in the NFL...theres too many stiffs at coach in that level.

Archived