If and when we beat Bama this year...

KunzelTiger

If and when we beat Bama this year, what should the T-shirts say?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. If and when we beat Bama this year, what should the T-shirts say?

• Thumbs Up
    • High Five
    • Fear the Left Hand
    • Fear the Other Thumb (this time we're International)
    • Other
    • Way too presumptuous for me...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Thumbs up or similar since that would fit into the Fear the Thumb.

Royal Flush. That was actually the game shirt from the '90 Iron Bowl. Even though Auburn didn't convert that #5, I thought the shirt was cool.

Personally, I don't care what the T-shirt companies do, I just want to see what kind of excuses come from W. Vance WHEN it happens.

well its a good thing that we(fans)dont have to play the game! it doesnt matter one bit what we say we have no control either way of if Auburn wins or loses so just vote and get over it!

flipper should most likely "FEAR the BRICK!" :big:

Does anyone member practing the "Touchdown Auburn" cheer before the USC game? This was to been cheered by all Auburn people after AU's 1st touchdown which never happened.

This reminds me also of the attitude by CT of going to Orlando and having a good time ... taking the winning of the bowl game for granted.

Memories such as these cause me to be extremely cautious about such attitudes developing prior to the event.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Does anyone member practing the "Touchdown Auburn" cheer before the USC game?  This was to been cheered by all Auburn people after AU's 1st touchdown which never happened.

This reminds me also of the attitude by CT of going to Orlando and having a good time ... taking the winning of the bowl game for granted.

Memories such as these cause me to be extremely cautious about such attitudes developing prior to the event.

WAR EAGLE!!!

232629[/snapback]

Amen.

It should be remembered that in the last 25 years, neither team has won more than four consecutive games. Winning a fifth straight would be a monumental accomplishment and a tremendous shift in status.

AU had a chance to make a serious run from 82 - 89. But if you remember, a VASTLY inferior Bama team upended Auburn in 84 and then there was 85 -- perhaps the greatest Iron Bowl slugfest of all -- and one that AU should have won until the kick that still makes me physically ill. AU then ran off four in a row. Should have been eight. I'll always wonder how different things might be now had that happened.

Of all the chickens that should not be counted, this is the one. No one would love to see it more than me, but I want to wait until it's hatched.

well its a good thing that we(fans)dont have to play the game! it doesnt matter one bit what we say we have no control either way of if Auburn wins or loses so just vote and get over it!

232588[/snapback]

I wouldn't say we have NO control. Fans can have a significant psychological effect and I for one don't care to give the Bama locker room any bulletin board material. No vote from me!

Does anyone member practing the "Touchdown Auburn" cheer before the USC game?  This was to been cheered by all Auburn people after AU's 1st touchdown which never happened.

232629[/snapback]

I'll never forget that. I was standing on the sidelines next to an older photographer from the Birmingham News.

When they started that "practice" the guy turned to me and said "This is bad. Real bad. They may not score all season."

I'm a pretty superstitious guy and I had the same creepy feeling of dread. 30 seconds before the cheerleader dude decided to practice that cheer, I was certain AU was going to win. By the time the first echo from the practice attempt had finished reverberating, the sense of impending doom was palpable. I wanted to run out on the field and choke the cheerleader and make him stop.

Same thing before the Georgia Tech game this season. When the AU band strutted down and played GT's fight song before the game, I knew it was going to be a bad night. AU didn't pick up the pace and play well until they stopped that mess last season.

I am the most superstitious person on this board when it comes to angering the football gods through presumptuous behavior. But my opinon is that K-Tiger qualified himself rather well - it was just a "What if, because I am bored" and not a straight "When"... so I think the gods will understand that we are all just jonesing for some football talk... I did not get my usual hinkey feeling about this one.

And I voted for High Five. "Thumbs Up" sounds too much like Texas Tech and "Guns Up!"

I voted for High Five as well and would almost bet that the game day shirts will have a pic of Aubie grinning and with his hand out saying "Give me Five!

I for one don't care to give the Bama locker room any bulletin board material.

Well, thats assuming they can read. Don't forget getting a player at UAT that can actually read will cost them an extra $50,000. thats money they don't want to spend. :)

I am the most superstitious person on this board when it comes to angering the football gods through presumptuous behavior. 

232679[/snapback]

Not so sure about that... I got a long list of superstitions.

Televised games:

1) I have to take a shower within two hours of kickoff. My daughter has to come into the den where the TV is with her hair still wet from her shower -- and she can't enter until the pre-game starts.

2) During a game I will not drink anything unless it is in a blue pastic cup and I won't use my left hand to drink.

3) I have to wear my vintage Bo Jackson jersey, but I can't put it on until there are 15 minutes or left until kickoff.

4) If AU is playing well, I will maintain the same physical position -- feet up or down, hand in the same position, whatever -- until something changes.

5) The shoes I wear during the game must have orange or blue trim. And I won't watch a game unless I have shoes on.

6) Before the first game of every season, I buy a hat. It has to be purchased from Anders. That hat remains on my head during every game of the season. Once the season is over, I take it off and don't wear it again. I've violated that rule once. My 2004 hat was worn to the GA Tech game this season. My bad. I thought I could carry over some of the mojo.

I got maybe two dozen of these things. And there's a whole different set for radio games and games attended in person. There are also variances for road games.

6) Before the first game of every season, I buy a hat. It has to be purchased from Anders. That hat remains on my head during every game of the season.  Once the season is over, I take it off and don't wear it again.  I've violated that rule once.  My 2004 hat was worn to the GA Tech game this season.  My bad.  I thought I could carry over some of the mojo. 

232683[/snapback]

Well at least I am not the only one who screwed up the mojo. I always buy a shirt to wear to each game and retire it after the season I had on my 2004 shirt during the Ga. Tech game. I will not be making that mistake again.

6) Before the first game of every season, I buy a hat. It has to be purchased from Anders. That hat remains on my head during every game of the season.  Once the season is over, I take it off and don't wear it again.  I've violated that rule once.  My 2004 hat was worn to the GA Tech game this season.  My bad.  I thought I could carry over some of the mojo. 

232683[/snapback]

Well at least I am not the only one who screwed up the mojo. I always buy a shirt to wear to each game and retire it after the season I had on my 2004 shirt during the Ga. Tech game. I will not be making that mistake again.

232687[/snapback]

I screwed up that night also. I forgot to turn the Auburn network radio broadcast on to drown out the dribble of the ESPN goons till the game was well into the 2nd quarter.

Please, someone tell me I am not the only person to do this? My wife thinks I am crazy to have both the game on the TV on with the volume low and have the radio turned up loud with the same game on.

Guys! You're breaking the 5th wall! The reason you put this poll up in April is so by the time the game comes around it'll be long forgotten...Its not like its November 15th and we're talking like this :)

Please, someone tell me I am not the only person to do this? My wife thinks I am crazy to have both the game on the TV on with the volume low and have the radio turned up loud with the same game on.

232692[/snapback]

Not crazy at all. Where I live, I can't get radio broadcasts unless I drive my truck to the top of the hill behind the house -- which involves driving THROUGH the yard.

I have done that, opened the den door so I could see through it, put a fire in the fire pit, turned the truck radio up as loud as it would go, opened the truck doors and sat in the yard between the truck and the house, hearing the game far behind me and squinting at the TV in front of me.

Internet radio changed that -- until they made it PAY-PER this year. Grrrr.

Another superstition? TigerRags shirts -- as much as I like them -- are 100% off limits. I will not even walk in front of the store on GameDay so that I don't touch any of their stuff or breathe any of their air.

I also have to walk through J&M.

I can only buy at Anders during the season. That's a superstition years in the making. Off season I can buy from J&M and others, but Tiger Rags is pretty much off limits year round. I have too many game shirts purchased pre-game that are painful to look at. Pre game shirts are a DEFINITE no-no. The last I purchased from Tiger Rags were the "Big, Bad and BACK" shirts prior to 2003.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I am the most superstitious person on this board when it comes to angering the football gods through presumptuous behavior. 

232679[/snapback]

Not so sure about that... I got a long list of superstitions.

Televised games:

1) I have to take a shower within two hours of kickoff. My daughter has to come into the den where the TV is with her hair still wet from her shower -- and she can't enter until the pre-game starts.

2) During a game I will not drink anything unless it is in a blue pastic cup and I won't use my left hand to drink.

3) I have to wear my vintage Bo Jackson jersey, but I can't put it on until there are 15 minutes or left until kickoff.

4) If AU is playing well, I will maintain the same physical position -- feet up or down, hand in the same position, whatever -- until something changes.

5) The shoes I wear during the game must have orange or blue trim. And I won't watch a game unless I have shoes on.

6) Before the first game of every season, I buy a hat. It has to be purchased from Anders. That hat remains on my head during every game of the season. Once the season is over, I take it off and don't wear it again. I've violated that rule once. My 2004 hat was worn to the GA Tech game this season. My bad. I thought I could carry over some of the mojo.

I got maybe two dozen of these things. And there's a whole different set for radio games and games attended in person. There are also variances for road games.

232683[/snapback]

You scare me, man.

I have to go to a game with you at least once.

Archived