The Utter Heights of Political BS

DKW 86

Get ready folks, to be astounded.

Get ready to be amazed.

Get ready...to be incredibly pissed off!

Just when you thought the heights of political bs could not be brought any higher, here comes Patrick Kennedy. Wealth and privilege sure try to show us common folk how they just do not share our life experiences.

Treat me like I'm black, sez Teddy's son Did a Kennedy just tried to play the race card here?

BY MICHAEL McAULIFF and CORKY SIEMASZKO

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Fresh from rehab, Rep. Patrick Kennedy said yesterday he wants to be treated like an African-American from Washington if and when he gets charged for crashing his car on Capitol Hill. Great, A Kennedy now rubs it in our faces that he gets to tell the cops that NOW he wants to be arrested. I guess he has all the Photo-ops, spinmeisters, gurus, and lawyers lined up now for his political GAIN.

Denying that he was drunk :rolleyes:   and or that he asked the Capitol Police for preferential treatment :rolleyes: , Kennedy, a Rhode Island congressman, said he's prepared "in terms of bookings, in terms of mug shots, fingerprints, whatever they might have me do." Word Patrick, We get arrested WHEN we do the crime, not when it is politically advantageous for us to do so. Some how this common folk thing escapes you huh?

"It's what anyone else would have done to them if they were an African-American in Anacostia," Kennedy said in a shaky voice, referring to the mostly minority neighborhood in southeastern Washington. Please explain why it couldnt it happen to white folks too? Why do you feel it necessary to drag race into the screwed up life of a rich, fatcat, Dem politico?

Later, Kennedy fretted that "there are probably people who want to throw the book at me a little more to prove that they're not treating me special." Well freaking duh! You DID get treated special moron! You now want even more special treatment?

It's still not clear (It never will be either. He is a Kennedy. We all know how the last two Kennedy crashes turned out.)whether Kennedy will be called to account for smashing his Ford Mustang into a barrier near the Capitol building at 2:45 a.m. on May 4. He was driving without headlights and nearly collided with a police cruiser.

"The attorney general is still reviewing the events of that night," said Traci Hughes, a spokeswoman for the D.C. attorney general's office. "I can assure you that if any charges are brought in this case, he will be treated the same as anyone else in similar circumstances." That was all that was asked a month ago....

The son of Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) was given a ride home after the wreck by Capitol Police and charged with three minor traffic violations. But he wasn't given a sobriety test, angering some police who complained he was getting kid-glove treatment.

"If you are suspected of driving under the influence, you get arrested," noted Officer Quintin Peterson of the Metropolitan Police Department.

Kennedy, who has a history of substance abuse and depression, said that "10 of the 12 police officers (my family intimidated or bribed) said they did not smell any alcohol on my breath." How does this square with this statement just above?

But he wasn't given a sobriety test, angering some police who complained he was getting kid-glove treatment.

I thought the Police were upset because he WASNT given a breathalyzer test. Why did he refuse one if he hadnt been drinking?

But Kennedy also said he should not have gotten behind the wheel after taking Ambien, a popular sleeping aid prescribed to 26 million Americans last year. :headslap:

"It says on the directions: Do not operate heavy machinery under this drug," he said. "So whether it's alcohol or drugs, any impaired driving is wrong." At least after you embarass yourself and your family on national news reports...

Shortly after the accident, Kennedy announced he was seeking treatment for painkiller addiction because he could not remember crashing his car and being driven home by police. Funny, he could remember to call his Dad and how to dodge the arrest and how to manipulate the Police.

The only thing more pathetic than Patrick Kennedy's life is how he still is totally clueless about what being a normal citizen is all about. Patrick, we dont get to call our Dads for a 'never get arrested card.' Patrick, you are still claiming privilege with all this and now you wants us to gove you sympathy for just getting arrested? Do you really think that this kind of extreme manipulation of the law actually cant be seen through by most adult Americans?

Arrests are not on your time table. They are inconvenient, problematic, pain in the asses. You Sir are still trying to have your cake and eat it too. You want to be arrested only now that you think can turn the sorry affair into political advantage.

:bs:

Archived