UT in the East

jwise0022

I was going through the schedules on ESPN.com and I think UT has a great chance to come out of the East. They do have road games at The Cocks, The Dawgs, and The Pigs, but that is it. South Carolina will be decent, maybe 7-5, Georgia will be average by their standards, probably 9-3, and Arkansas will be better, put them down for 7-5.

If UT can beat UGA or UF, those teams should each have 2, maybe 3, SEC losses. I don't think that the Vols will be a great team, but they have a favorable schedule and have 6 wins in the bag. That means they need to win 4 out of 6 games I see going either way. I think with Cutcliffe they can do this.

I look forward to bringing our undefeated Tigers to Atlanta to face Tennessee in the SECCG. The only 3 games that scare me are LSU, Florida, and an Arkansas team that could upset a team next year. If we win at least 2 of these we are golden.

By the way, if Florida gets through this schedule with only 1 loss I think they deserve at shot at the NC. Southern Miss and Central Florida are decent out of conference along with FLorida State. Having to play Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Auburn, South Carolina, and Georgia is ridiculous. I would pit this schedule against any played in the last 5 years. They are probably playing 8 or 9 bowl teams, and 4 or 5 of those teams will be in some of the bigger bowl games. I have to give Florida credit, even though the SEC schedule isn't up to them. I think they lose 3, and that would be a good season in my opinion.

Date Opponent Result Record TV

September 2 Southern Miss 7:00 PM ET Tickets

September 9 Central Florida TBA Tickets

September 16 at Tennessee TBA Tickets

September 23 Kentucky TBA Tickets

September 30 Alabama TBA Tickets

October 7 LSU TBA Tickets

October 14 at Auburn TBA Tickets

October 28 Georgia TBA Tickets

November 4 at Vanderbilt TBA Tickets

November 11 South Carolina TBA Tickets

November 18 Western Carolina TBA Tickets

November 25 at Florida State TBA Tickets

The only 3 games that scare me are LSU, Florida, and an Arkansas team that could upset a team next year.  If we win at least 2 of these we are golden.

239343[/snapback]

Auburn has to beat LSU at home in order to go to the SEC Championship game. If we lose to LSU, then Auburn has to go undefeated the rest of the way, PLUS LSU has to lose 2 SEC games. LSU has to go to Florida, UT and Arkansas this year with their only other real test being Bama at home. I don't think they will lose 2 out of those 4 but who knows...

The bottom line is, if Auburn beats LSU, there is a damn good shot at playing in Atlanta come December.

I think it will come down to UT and UGA. If I had to bet, I would put my money on AU vs. UGA in the SECCG.

I won't believe in Florida until I see them win.

I was going through the schedules on ESPN.com and I think UT has a great chance to come out of the East.  They do have road games at The Cocks, The Dawgs, and The Pigs, but that is it.  South Carolina will be decent, maybe 7-5, Georgia will be average by their standards, probably 9-3, and Arkansas will be better, put them down for 7-5.

If UT can beat UGA or UF, those teams should each have 2, maybe 3, SEC losses.  I don't think that the Vols will be a great team, but they have a favorable schedule and have 6 wins in the bag.  That means they need to win 4 out of 6 games I see going either way.  I think with Cutcliffe they can do this. 

I look forward to bringing our undefeated Tigers to Atlanta to face Tennessee in the SECCG.  The only 3 games that scare me are LSU, Florida, and an Arkansas team that could upset a team next year.  If we win at least 2 of these we are golden.

239343[/snapback]

They don't even play Alabama next year, do they? <_<

They do but at home. My point is that their road schedule is nothing impressive. If they go undefeated on the road, they can probably afford to lose 2 at home. If you want, 1 can be to Alabama, if it makes you sleep better at night. However, I do think last year is not a good indication of what UT will be this year. Also, UT had a real shot to beat Alabama at bama, but fumble on the 2 yard line. Alabama lost a lot of talent and leadership and it will be difficult for them to win on the road at a place like UT. No offense, I just see them winning, but like I said, I think they could afford to lose to bama if they win their 3 big road games. Also note that I said I think they need to win 4 out of 6. Alabama is included in that group, not the group of 6 wins in the bag.

Despite the arse whooping they took last year in T-Town, I think they'll beat us this year. They have a chance to beat LSU if the QB situation is a mess, but I don't see them pulling that one out. Auburn is a sure loss for them. And I think they'll beat UGA as always.

My take is that the Gaytors go 2-2 in that stretch. And yes, it is brutal.

Yeah...people need to keep forgetting UGA...

I swear every year people dig and dig to find reasons to pump up UT and UF and always find a way to ignore the UGA elephant in the room.

Just like last year.

I swear every year people dig and dig to find reasons to pump up UT and UF and always find a way to ignore the UGA elephant in the room.

Just like last year.

239403[/snapback]

I would normally agree with you, but this year I just believe they lost too much talent and leadership. I will probably be proven wrong, but I look for them to be 2nd or 3rd in the East with a 9-3 record. Not bad, but not Championship material this year.

Look out for them in '07 though.

Just like last year.

239403[/snapback]

I would normally agree with you, but this year I just believe they lost too much talent and leadership. I will probably be proven wrong, but I look for them to be 2nd or 3rd in the East with a 9-3 record. Not bad, but not Championship material this year.

239456[/snapback]

I agree

I would normally agree with you, but this year I just believe they lost too much talent and leadership.  I will probably be proven wrong, but I look for them to be 2nd or 3rd in the East with a 9-3 record.  Not bad, but not Championship material this year.

239456[/snapback]

9-3 sounds just about what I think.

Loses to AU/UF and then...maybe either UT or USC...one of them

Archived