Blackmon vs. Simpson

quietfan

I will state my case again. WHY would a student athlete feel the NEED to carry a gun?

Anyone..anyone..Buller..Buller...

He had a reason..Care to speculate bg? I mean, you were more than willing to throw out the accusation about so-calld AU football players that were smoking pot with you at a party, so, why not speculate on this one?(Or do you only do those type things where AU players are concerned?)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

I know plenty of college students that owned guns, some of them my good friends. Most were for hunting. There were a few handguns mixed in there with some of my ROTC brethren.

You have to understand, I hung out with military types and country boys and I never knew what pot smelled like until I was a junior in college. So, they had guns for reasons other than why people who get caught with handguns and pot on the interstate.

I am not indicting Juwan for having a gun, but having a stolen one and carrying it without a permit while driving erractically and in possession of pot is a little bit too much.

Isn't it illegal to have a bear without a permit in your area Legal? :big:

242751[/snapback]

I thought the right to bear arms was protected by the 2nd amendment. I don't know about the legs, head, or other parts of the body, though. :big::poke:

I will state my case again. WHY would a student athlete feel the NEED to carry a gun?

Anyone..anyone..Buller..Buller...

He had a reason..Care to speculate bg? I mean, you were more than willing to throw out the accusation about so-calld AU football players that were smoking pot with you at a party, so, why not speculate on this one?(Or do you only do those type things where AU players are concerned?)

242759[/snapback]

You need to get over yourself. If you are suggesting that JS is a thug and was planning on USING that gun in a crime then Im sorry but I had no idea that your blind hatred for the university would cause you to be so ignorant.

Again, myself and many other people i knew in college had guns. None of us were criminals.

Incase you didnt realize...guns are commonly owned for the following reasons:

Collector

Protection

Target Practice

How about we give these two kids a break and let them try to work out their problems?

Both seem like good guys on and off the field that made a mistake.

UGA has had about 9,595 cases like these since 2002 so I have a lot of experience in wanting to murder the kid for making a dumb mistake.

They both will be better off from these incidents if they LEARN from it and realize that they are under the SEC microscope.

TM im not arguing that him having a stolen gun and pot is OK. I was just arguing the perception that its wrong to have a gun illegally or legally as a college student...as a couple have suggested.

242741[/snapback]

Unless this has changed.

Alabama law prohibits anyone from carrying a pistol in any vehicle or concealed on or about their person without a pistol permit liscense. Code of Alabama 1975, section 13A-11-73.

http://www.ago.state.al.us/documents/pistol.pdf

Odd argurment, pot.. gun..against drinking underage.

I got busted for underage drinking once, I didn't even have to go to court. Payed a $125 dollar fine and that was it. Guess laws are different in Georgia.

How about we give these two kids a break and let them try to work out their problems?

UGA has had about 9,595 cases like these since 2002 so I have a lot of experience in wanting to murder the kid for making a dumb mistake.

They both will be better off from these incidents if they LEARN from it and realize that they are under the SEC microscope.

242781[/snapback]

This might be the best post in this whole thread.

Actually, I know it is!

I'M SORRY.... But this really disgust's me!

Packing HEAT with DRUGS is a BIG difference than public intoxication.

Punishment should be much harsher for the Bama player. Guns are carried to kill, walking home drunk gives hangovers. Not even close to the same ballpark in my opinion...

Punishment should be much harsher for the Bama player.  Guns are carried to kill, walking home drunk gives hangovers. Not even close to the same ballpark in my opinion...

242810[/snapback]

You, of course, are 100% correct. Alas, none is SO blind as he who WILL not see.

uaters are doing and saying anything to prop up this guy simply becuase he is a starter. flipper has already proven (see Ray-Ray) that there is ZERO discipline in that so-called program. I, for one, am thankful for the huge belly laughs. :cheer:

Pot&STOLEN gun=trouble

Quack&webbed feet=duck

Why does he need a gun? Well, just because you are a big, burly hunk of virile humanity, doesn't mean Bammer football players are! *grin*

Just check out this website, and you'll quit asking that same ol' stupid question.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/

The Truth Is Out There.

Punishment should be much harsher for the Bama player.  Guns are carried to kill, walking home drunk gives hangovers. Not even close to the same ballpark in my opinion...

242810[/snapback]

Guns are carried to kill huh? Man there must be a lot of murders committed by otherwise law abiding citizens every day.

242810[/snapback]

Guns are carried to kill huh? Man there must be a lot of murders committed by otherwise law abiding citizens every day.

242871[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Note to bg: GUNS KILL. That is what they are designed to do. Nothing else. (Hey, maybe the uat "player" was building a tree house, couldn't find a hammer, and stole a gun to use to drive those nails!..Yeah, that's the ticket!)

bg, the more you spin, the more pathetic @ grasping for straws you become.

242810[/snapback]

242871[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Note to bg: GUNS KILL. That is what they are designed to do. Nothing else. (Hey, maybe the uat "player" was building a tree house, couldn't find a hammer, and stole a gun to use to drive those nails!..Yeah, that's the ticket!)

242897[/snapback]

Kitchen knives kill. I guess they should haul you off to prison for that. What a idiotic argument.

Why is the posession of a gun so wrong? Am I a criminal because I own a gun?

When LeMarcus Rowell got caught with a gun I didnt hear you suggesting he was trying to murder someone.

WarTim...why did you not advocate a life imprisonment for Rowell...i mean he DID have a gun...and according to you, the only people who have guns are murderers.

242781[/snapback]

This might be the best post in this whole thread.

Actually, I know it is!

242802[/snapback]

:D

242810[/snapback]

242871[/snapback]

242897[/snapback]

Kitchen knives kill. I guess they should haul you off to prison for that. What a idiotic argument.

Why is the posession of a gun so wrong? Am I a criminal because I own a gun?

When LeMarcus Rowell got caught with a gun I didnt hear you suggesting he was trying to murder someone.

WarTim...why did you not advocate a life imprisonment for Rowell...i mean he DID have a gun...and according to you, the only people who have guns are murderers.

242917[/snapback]

I hope you are sitting down. All of that SPINNING has got to make you VERY dizzy. :blink:

Once again you attempt to make an arguement by making stuff up and then you argue against yourself.

Using that uat "logic" you have thrown into the mix, an ice cream cone is a lethal weapon. So is a rolling pin. (Especially in the hands of my lovelly bride)

Let's take a step back and cut through the quagmire that YOU have created.

He was caught with a STOLEN gun and pot. Those are the facts.(And they are undisputed)

WHAT part of that do you honsetly wish to defend?( and, please, state your arguement as clearly as possible for a uater.)

Rowell was booted by Coach Tuberville, who has a national reputation for running one of the cleanest programs in America. Do you wish to debate that point? (Hint: you would LOSE bigtime, much like your team has lost to the Auburn Tigers 5 out of the last 6) :D

Again, I stand by each and every post I have made in this thread. You have not proven anything to the contrary.

Now, go ahead, spin away! :moon:

Archived