don't have to worry about Xavier Carter anymore

AUHansel

Xavier Carter is not going to play his final two season at LSU. He's going pro in track.

LINK

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Less than two weeks after a performance unseen since Jesse Owens, LSU sprinter and wide receiver Xavier Carter is giving up his final two seasons of college eligibility in both sports to concentrate on a professional track career and the Olympics.

"I feel like I'm in the best condition of my life," Carter said Wednesday during a news conference at LSU. "I feel like I'd be better prepared from the Olympics than if I continued on with track and football."

Earlier this year, Carter, the 2006 NCAA Men's Track Athlete of the Year, became the first athlete since Owens in 1936 to win four titles at an NCAA meet. He won titles in the 100 meters, 400 meters, 4x100 relay and 4x400 relay. He was also the first athlete in the 86-year history of the NCAA Championships to ever pull off the successful 100-400 double.

Carter said he plans to donate his track equipment from that meet to the LSU Athletic Hall of Fame.

So, you might say that X Carter is now an X Corndog?

(And who was really worried about him anyway?)

243015[/snapback]

I thought it was - Once a corndog, always a corndog.

:D

Archived