Update on LeMarcus Rowell

AUloggerhead

Finally, the light has come on -- he sounds like he's going to make it now: Link

... Right now, he's thinking about another OVC championship, particularly when he wakes at 4:30 every morning for his 5:30 weight-lifting.

"I've been focusing most of my time on showing these guys that I'm committed to coming back and playing hard for them," he said.

Rowell is also ready to be a role model. "The coaches had me talk to a group of kids right before we got out of spring," he said. "I told them my story, told them the outcome. I told them what I did to change it.

"I reached a couple of guys and a couple I didn't. One or two just slipped through my hands. I think those guys need to hear stories like that. People need guys who mess up so they can learn from their mistakes. People need to mess up so they can learn from their own mistakes."

Rowell says he has learned and he plans to put his degree to good use as well. What's his major?

"Criminal justice," he said. "That's kind of funny. I've always been kind of interested in police work, how they operate. I watch a lot of Discovery Channel, a lot of `FBI Files.' I thought, well, I've been in a lot of trouble. I've seen different situations, some good, some bad. I thought I might want to be a probation officer for juveniles one day."

:au: WDE

Yer killin' me Crimson. :poke:

I'm glad to see this with LeMarcus. This is such an incredibly important time in a young persons' life and it sometimes takes that tough love to make them see it. I hope the same holds true for J. Simpson. No matter what punishment is dished out, he needs to take it to heart and learn from it.

War Rowell.

Yer killin' me Crimson. :poke:

I'm glad to see this with LeMarcus.  This is such an incredibly important time in a young persons' life and it sometimes takes that tough love to make them see it.  I hope the same holds true for J. Simpson.  No matter what punishment is dished out, he needs to take it to heart and learn from it.

War Rowell.

244051[/snapback]

Just a jab. I'm Wincrimson, I have a reputation to live up to. :big:

All kidding aside, I'm glad to see that Rowell has righted the ship and I wish him nothing but the best.

Form what the article says, it sounds like he was not happy at Auburn. I wonder why? He was a very promising guy coming out of high school and I am sorry it didn't work out for him at AU. I was in school when he was recruited and I remember him well. I hope the other highly touted linebacker that we have doesn't fall by the wayside. I know he got into trouble recently. Anyway, I hope Rowell gets his chance in the NFL because he is a stud on the field and it sounds like he has grown up. One more thing, the coach at Jack St. made a comment in the article that sounded to me like a knock on AU: "this isnt' Auburn and you have to work here", or something to the effect. What did he mean by that?

Form what the article says, it sounds like he was not happy at Auburn.  I wonder why?  He was a very promising guy coming out of high school and I am sorry it didn't work out for him at AU.  I was in school when he was recruited and I remember him well.  I hope the other highly touted linebacker that we have doesn't fall by the wayside.  I know he got into trouble recently.  Anyway, I hope Rowell gets his chance in the NFL because he is a stud on the field and it sounds like he has grown up.  One more thing, the coach at Jack St. made a comment in the article that sounded to me like a knock on AU:  "this isnt' Auburn and you have to work here", or something to the effect.  What did he mean by that?

244164[/snapback]

According to CT and Lemarcus' Mom, it was that he was too close to bad influences. He was from Opelika. He would just fall back into bad habits everytime he would go home. in short, his homeboys in Opelika were just too much for him tio avoid.

But notice, everytime he got out of the area he did very well for himself. Hope he is stronger guy now. What WC said was pretty accurate, just not Auburn, it was Opelika.

Archived