JHS Construction

WaDE'05

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but there is a lot of construction goin on on the west side of the stadium. They've put up new brick ticket offices and gates all along the outside of the west part (alumni side) of the stadium. Was wondering if anyone knew any details. Are they planning on doing the same thing to the east side? Is there more to it than just the ticket counters and gates? It looks really good, btw. I see them working on it everyday when i go to class. I love the idea of adding more red brick to the outside of the stadium, looks classy.

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but there is a lot of construction goin on on the west side of the stadium.  They've put up new brick ticket offices and gates all along the outside of the west part (alumni side) of the stadium.  Was wondering if anyone knew any details.  Are they planning on doing the same thing to the east side? Is there more to it than just the ticket counters and gates?  It looks really good, btw.  I see them working on it everyday when i go to class.  I love the idea of adding more red brick to the outside of the stadium, looks classy.

244028[/snapback]

It is just extending the slope of the western concourse out beyond the footprint of the stadium a bit, to get in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The old octagonal ticket window (built with the original upper deck and largely unused since the east deck was added) is gone, and the perimieter fencing of the stadium is now out closer to Donahue. Also, the perimieter fencing itself is now entirely brick and painted tubular steel, similar to the Tiger Walk Plaza and Plainsman Park, all the way around the stadium. TV trucks will be relocated to the North Endzone (behind Petrie), and it will be interesting to see where people will be doing the ticket exchange now that open area is inside the gates. (Also, now you'll really have to finish that last beverage as soon as you step off the Tiger Transit, since the gate will be right there).

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but there is a lot of construction goin on on the west side of the stadium.  They've put up new brick ticket offices and gates all along the outside of the west part (alumni side) of the stadium.  Was wondering if anyone knew any details.  Are they planning on doing the same thing to the east side? Is there more to it than just the ticket counters and gates?  It looks really good, btw.  I see them working on it everyday when i go to class.  I love the idea of adding more red brick to the outside of the stadium, looks classy.

244028[/snapback]

It is just extending the slope of the western concourse out beyond the footprint of the stadium a bit, to get in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The old octagonal ticket window (built with the original upper deck and largely unused since the east deck was added) is gone, and the perimieter fencing of the stadium is now out closer to Donahue. Also, the perimieter fencing itself is now entirely brick and painted tubular steel, similar to the Tiger Walk Plaza and Plainsman Park, all the way around the stadium. TV trucks will be relocated to the North Endzone (behind Petrie), and it will be interesting to see where people will be doing the ticket exchange now that open area is inside the gates. (Also, now you'll really have to finish that last beverage as soon as you step off the Tiger Transit, since the gate will be right there).

244054[/snapback]

'Bout time! I tore multiple ligaments in my ankle at basketball practice the week of the LSU game and went to the LSU game and Iron Bowl on crutches. Geez, navigating all of the cracked sidewalks on campus and gaping crevices in JHS was a beeyotch!

And yes, I took the "Hey, there's Croyle!" jokes from your hungover frat boys in stride. I'll admit it... I even laughed myself. :big:

244028[/snapback]

244054[/snapback]

'Bout time! I tore multiple ligaments in my ankle at basketball practice the week of the LSU game and went to the LSU game and Iron Bowl on crutches. Geez, navigating all of the cracked sidewalks on campus and gaping crevices in JHS was a beeyotch!

And yes, I took the "Hey, there's Croyle!" jokes from your hungover frat boys in stride. I'll admit it... I even laughed myself. :big:

244082[/snapback]

Did a bammer (owners of one of the crappiest stadiums in the SEC) just try and dog JH stadium? that's a good one.

I took some pictures of it about a week or two ago. If yall want to see them just email me at nimsjus@auburn.edu. I will try to take some current ones this week becuase things have changed a little since the pictures.

244082[/snapback]

Was it the ZETA's or Phi Mu's that roughed you up the basketball court?

I'm waiting for the enclosure of the end zone. The aesthetic work is great because Jordan-Hare needed it on the outside, but think about how ridiculous the stadium will be with the North endzone enclosed! 100,000 plus fans going crazy. Don't say it won't happen because we don't have the fanbase. I have been to many games over the years where thousands of people could not get in because the stadium was sold out. This happened often when I was a student.

gaping crevices in JHS

244082[/snapback]

Can't help that - what do you expect when you sit with the viisting bama fans? :poke:

244084[/snapback]

I didn't sit with visiting Bama fans. I sat with AU fans... I never sit with Bama fans at away games. Why would I want to sit in the crappy, visitors seats? :D

And I like the view at JHS. The shrubs along the sidelines and brick in the endzone looks nice... but it does have lots of deep cracks in the concourses. Ordinarily, it wouldn't bother me, but I was gimped up, lol.

LMAO! Good one. Nah, it was actually a 6'4" post player who'll be one of my roommates at UA this Fall. It sucked, I missed my entire SR year and still have ankle pain from time to time.

Did a bammer (owners of one of the crappiest stadiums in the SEC) just try and dog JH stadium? that's a good one.

I know I didn't just read that. Sir, we will have the nicest stadium in the SEC and one of the nicest stadiums in the country come 9/2. It'll be the only stadium in the USA to have 3 jumbotrons and will feature the longest ribbonboard in an outdoor setting. I'm not being a homer, come to the IB to see for yourself. And nowhere have I "dogged" JH... nearly every stadium will have a few drawbacks, with the exception of the new BDS. ;)

Notice the new deck- that's where AU fans will be this year...

2482590460088868859anxlcaph0og.jpg

gaping crevices in JHS

244082[/snapback]

Can't help that - what do you expect when you sit with the viisting bama fans? :poke:

244084[/snapback]

I didn't sit with visiting Bama fans. I sat with AU fans... I never sit with Bama fans at away games. Why would I want to sit in the crappy, visitors seats? :D

And I like the view at JHS. The shrubs along the sidelines and brick in the endzone looks nice... but it does have lots of deep cracks in the concourses. Ordinarily, it wouldn't bother me, but I was gimped up, lol.

LMAO! Good one. Nah, it was actually a 6'4" post player who'll be one of my roommates at UA this Fall. It sucked, I missed my entire SR year and still have ankle pain from time to time.

I know I didn't just read that. Sir, we will have the nicest stadium in the SEC and one of the nicest stadiums in the country come 9/2. It'll be the only stadium in the USA to have 3 jumbotrons and will feature the longest ribbonboard in an outdoor setting. I'm not being a homer, come to the IB to see for yourself. And nowhere have I "dogged" JH... nearly every stadium will have a few drawbacks, with the exception of the new BDS. ;)

244165[/snapback]

Win, looking at this picture I can see why all the Auburn fans will be sitting there, its only natural for UAT fans not to want to see the score board on the way out at the end of the 2 quarter again this season. :poke:

gaping crevices in JHS

244082[/snapback]

244084[/snapback]

244165[/snapback]

Until halftime, then we'll pretty much have our pick of seats

244165[/snapback]

Key word is WILL, which should be stated as "we hope we'll have a nice stadium". No one knows how nice it's going to be until after the construction is complete. Is it going to remain an entire cluster**** like it was a season ago, or if it will finally be on par with JH. Honestly, JH west is so far behind what we have on the plains, it's going to take a massive renovation just for you to catch up to even.

BTW, i love how that new end zone deck 'blends' in the the rest of the stadium. :roflol: Also, it doesn't matter how many video boards you have, or how much electronic 'fluff' there is, if the stadium is poorly designed (which BD is) and not maintained (which BD isn't), its going to look bad again real soon.

BD is a craphole (everybody who's been there knows it) and millions of dollars of work is just going to make it a freshly-painted craphole.

gaping crevices in JHS

244082[/snapback]

244084[/snapback]

244165[/snapback]

What do you mean you aren't being a homer?? we have a topic about JH renovations in our fourms and you post pics of one of the crappiest stadiums in the country just because you spent a few extra bucks on putting a couple of seats in?? Wow, you must have Jim Dunnaway syndrome!

gaping crevices in JHS

244082[/snapback]

244084[/snapback]

244165[/snapback]

Win, looking at this picture I can see why all the Auburn fans will be sitting there, its only natural for UAT fans not to want to see the score board on the way out at the end of the 2 quarter again this season. :poke:

244175[/snapback]

What scoreboard? We have 3. Any person in the stadium will be able to see the scoreboard. Try harder.

Key word is WILL, which should be stated as "we hope we'll have a nice stadium". No one knows how nice it's going to be until after the construction is complete. Is it going to remain an entire cluster**** like it was a season ago, or if it will finally be on par with JH. Honestly, JH west is so far behind what we have on the plains, it's going to take a massive renovation just for you to catch up to even.

BTW, i love how that new end zone deck 'blends' in the the rest of the stadium. roflol.gif Also, it doesn't matter how many video boards you have, or how much electronic 'fluff' there is, if the stadium is poorly designed (which BD is) and not maintained (which BD isn't), its going to look bad again real soon.

BD is a craphole (everybody who's been there knows it) and millions of dollars of work is just going to make it a freshly-painted craphole.

How is BDS not maintained? Dude, API gives out freaking awards to people who are caught "disposing of trash in the trash can." My God, they give out CTT autographed programs for the few that throw their trash away instead of littering with every other API fan. JHS has many characteristics that make it Scott Field's giant brother.

About the "blending in"... have you seen the proposed JHS expansion drawing? Dig it up and you'll see that it looks very similar to ours. The only difference is that ours will be full regardless if :uga: or :uf: are in town, unlike another school I know...

...and quiet as a church during a deacon's funeral.

244247[/snapback]

That's not what UF said... Actually, we couldn't make out what they were saying, and neither could they.

I'm waiting for the enclosure of the end zone.  The aesthetic work is great because Jordan-Hare needed it on the outside, but think about how ridiculous the stadium will be with the North endzone enclosed!  100,000 plus fans going crazy.  Don't say it won't happen because we don't have the fanbase.  I have been to many games over the years where thousands of people could not get in because the stadium was sold out.  This happened often when I was a student.

244156[/snapback]

The problem is not the big games. It's the other half of the games. Always allot of empty seats. Not true at the big-big stadiums aroung the country where the stadium's full no matter who they're playing (UT, PSU, Michigan, etc).

Ok, so I have been to both stadiums.

I think both are near the top of the SEC Stadium list. But as for adding everything together, I would in fact say AU's is a bit better because that stadium is really....quite loud a good bit and has a slight more intimidation feel to it then UA.

I went to UGA/UA in 2002 and found the stadium to be structure wise nicer then AU's but I still give the overall nod to AU

I dont feel homerish saying I did not think BDS was nice at all last IB there. I dont like spending my time on the concourse in a concrete enclosed,underground, dungeon. Im sure this feeling was made worse by the inclement whether but I just didnt like feeling like I was in my basement. I also am not a big fan of all the grey on the inside. It makes the place look dreary. I know you guys cant help your school colors but I would make every single thing red rather than grey. Jordan Hare is very open unless you are in one of the upper deck restroom area. I dislike Georgia almost as much as bama but I thought there stadium was very nice(not very loud, but nice). Maybe I am not impressed with stadiums because Auburn is handing at L's to the home team. UT wasnt impressive, Bama doesnt impress me, UGA ehhh not really. I dont think theyll win but maybe UA will be a little more impressive this year with the addition and hopefully some nice weather

I agree that for smaller games we don't get the crowd we should.  Why do other schools pull in sellouts even with crappy games, but we don't?

244327[/snapback]

UGA doesn't, LSU doesn't, UT doesn't

I agree that for smaller games we don't get the crowd we should.  Why do other schools pull in sellouts even with crappy games, but we don't?

244327[/snapback]

Location, Location, Location.

Baton Rouge - 225,000

Knoxville - 200,00

Athens - 150,000

Auburn/Opelika - 65,000

It's a lot easier to fill out a stadium when you've got an extra 100,000+ that live within 20 miles of the stadium. People will drive to see the big SEC games, but very few people will make the trip from Birmigham, Atlanta, etc. to see us blow out La. Monroe, and honestly, can you blame them?

Actually Baton Rouge has like 500,000 plus and so does Knoxville, but I get your point. Auburn is growing and one day will be pretty large so maybe this will not be an issue in the future.

Archived