Alright, who is it?

AUesquire

Even though I have lived in GA for 16 years, UA is still the game to win every year. The area I live in is full of Seminoles, Gators, ect. (a little of everything), so I am not pounded by dawgs all the time. As a matter of fact, most of the UGA fans that I am around are pretty classy folks. We give a little good natured ribbing here and there, but we tend to get along and pull for each other.

If I live to be a hundred I will never forget growing up during the 70s and the abuse myself and what few other AU fans there were suffered at the hands of the most obnoxious and classless fans in college sports.

For that reason, I would trade the rest of the season for a win in the Iron Bowl.

Nothing gives me chills like walking into JH and seeing the orange/blue warming up on one side and the crimson/white on the other.

244268[/snapback]

Don't forget the cheerleaders in the traditional horizontal orange-and-blue striped sweaters...........

(Talking about the female cheerleaders there - I have heard that there are some male ones, and I have heard them on the loudspeaker, but have yet to actually see one, except the one in dark pink a couple of years back who was later banished for saying "War Eagle" on TV)

244351[/snapback]

Ummmm.......Have you been living under a Rock? There are Male Cheerleaders on nearly every team, Heck there's even male cheerleaders at UWA.

244397[/snapback]

He can't take his eyes of the female cheerleaders, so therefore he never notices that there are male cheerleaders. Kind of like a man will not notice what color a woman's eyes are when she is wearing a low cut blouse.

These things are so less humorous when they have to be explained...

244422[/snapback]

Whoa, wait a minute, wait one GOSH DARNED MINUTE!!!

Women have eyes?

Interesting little tidbit..

(This comes from a Tulane Booster, and family member, so take it for what it's worth)

But he said he met with Chris Scelfo at a fundraiser and got to ask him a few questions. He asked about the upcoming schedule, particularly the number of SEC teams they play this year. Admitted it was for the paycheck. Here were his comments summed up...

:msu: Honestly feels like they have a shot at winning this (which they probably do)

:lsu: Actually admitted they really don't have a shot at winning and will be totally outmanned. But believes the score won't get to crazy, said that he thinks Miles won't run up the score.

:au: Said that this will be a disaster. Thinks that Auburn will put up 70 on them.

This was by word of mouth, so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought this was an interesting take.

WHat do you guys think? I can see Tuberville dropping 70 on them. And contrary to what people said about Miles running up the score on Miami, we did not throw a pass for half the 3rd and all of the fourth quarters. And the fake punt in the fourth was called by a player on the field.

Anyway, my games would be...

:au:

:uga:

:ua:

:uf:

:om:

Interesting little tidbit..

(This comes from a Tulane Booster, and family member, so take it for what it's worth)

But he said he met with Chris Scelfo at a fundraiser and got to ask him a few questions.  He asked about the upcoming schedule, particularly the number of SEC teams they play this year.  Admitted it was for the paycheck. Here were his comments summed up...

:msu:   Honestly feels like they have a shot at winning this (which they probably do)

:lsu: Actually admitted they really don't have a shot at winning and will be totally outmanned.  But believes the score won't get to crazy, said that he thinks Miles won't run up the score.

:au: Said that this will be a disaster.  Thinks that Auburn will put up 70 on them.

This was by word of mouth, so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought this was an interesting take. 

WHat do you guys think?  I can see Tuberville dropping 70 on them.  And contrary to what people said about Miles running up the score on Miami, we did not throw a pass for half the 3rd and all of the fourth quarters.  And the fake punt in the fourth was called by a player on the field.

Anyway, my games would be...

:au:

:uga:  

:ua:

:uf:

:om:

244453[/snapback]

Thanks for that from an LSU fan.

Beating :ua: is too much fun and is still priority #1 as it should be with any rivalry. But face it guys, if you want to win Championships, that comes from beating :lsu:

You beat :lsu: and lose to :ua: you can still win the :sec: Lose to :lsu: and beating :ua: is ALL you got.

Auburn needs to play Notre Dame. We have never played them and I have always wondered why? I actually respect Notre Dame tradition and love their fight song, but they are arrogant and need a few good Auburn whippings. I said earlier that I hate Notre Dame, but that is a little strong. What I really hate is how Notre Dame has been put on some kind of pedestal by everyone, especially the media. We owe USC payback. Auburn should schedule a home and home with them every five years or so because 2003 still stings for me and I hate everything about those pansies.

Tulane

244387[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

I just find it funny LSU's "rival" is Tulane. ALthough, I truly don't believe they all feel this way. I think most them, like BayouB, want to beat AU, b/c they know beating us is probably going to land them in Atlanta.

I Have to say I want the 5th in a row very bad of the bammers, just to watch the mess to follow the next year.

I really want to win them all and honestly think we have a good shot at it, AGAIN. The WSU game is critical in getting a jump start, then a big W over LSU could catapult us to a huge year. THis is obviously big hopes on my part. Call me optimistic!!

One at a time, start with WSU!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't get too excited about the streak thing until we reach 9 wins in a row over them. Alabama completely embarrassed Auburn for nine straight years so we have a little ways to go. See, Alabama can come back with that the second Auburn fans start talking smack about streaks. We need to keep the streak in perspective until we get to the number that really matters, 9.

Yeah it's interesting being an LSU fans when it comes to rivals. The older LSU fans still see Tulane and Ole Miss as our biggest rivals. The younger fans (30s and below) see Auburn as our #1 rival and Bama 2nd. The SEC would like our biggest rival to be Arkansas.

The problem is everyone else has a bigger rival.

Auburn: Alabama & Georgia

Alabama: Auburn & Tenn

Ole Piss: Moo St

Moo St: who cares!?!

Arkansas: Texas

But if things keep going the way they are going now, with AU/LSU slugging it out every year for SEC West supremacy, I can see this becoming a huge rivalry.

And of course, when we meet, weird things always happen!

Yea, I like the spin on this thread from DC. A better title would have been, "Who would hate losing to the worst."

Still Bama for me. :P

The first Auburn game I ever attended was the 1994 LSU game. The last LSU game I attended was 2004. In between those two games were plenty of losses to LSwho. I have to say that I take more satisfaction in beating LSU. Of course, I take more real joy out of whoopin Bama. I've always liked Georgia so they're not really a hated rival for me.

Ryan

Nothing gives me chills like walking into JH and seeing the orange/blue warming up on one side and the crimson/white on the other.

244268[/snapback]

Don't forget the cheerleaders in the traditional horizontal orange-and-blue striped sweaters...........

(Talking about the female cheerleaders there - I have heard that there are some male ones, and I have heard them on the loudspeaker, but have yet to actually see one, except the one in dark pink a couple of years back who was later banished for saying "War Eagle" on TV)

244351[/snapback]

Ummmm.......Have you been living under a Rock? There are Male Cheerleaders on nearly every team, Heck there's even male cheerleaders at UWA.

244397[/snapback]

No, but if I were spending time under a Rock (Rock Hudson or Dwayne " The Rock" Johnson), then yeah I might have noticed the male cheerleaders. But, as I typed that, I thought to myself, "Self, you smartass sob, if you saw some post like that, you'd reply with something along the lines of, yeah, and the girl cheerleaders wear the striped sweaters too!" So, I put in the whole caveat to shore up the rear flank, so to say, no pun intended. Plus, it gave an opportunity to throw a dig over towards West Vance, since according to the dark pink visitors this reputedly is the cyberspace home of the Lee County / West Georgia chapter of the Bammer-Infatuated Turds-of-Crimpson Haters, even though the only folks that I see being made into BITCH'es around Auburn were actually wearing dark pink jerseys (particularly with numbers in the 60's and 70's on the back, too).

Archived