Alright, who is it?

AUesquire

Let's get it out in the open. Who do you want to beat more than anyone else on the schedule and why? Or, maybe someone who's not on the schedule right now. That feeling of, "If we only win ONE game this year, it'd better be..."

For me...... :ua:

Some folks really love the heated rivalry that has developed with LSU and some want to take down the UGAPups more than anyone else. I love all those games but none of them give me a knot the size of a grapefruit in my stomach like Iron Bowl week does. Nothing gives me chills like walking into JH and seeing the orange/blue warming up on one side and the crimson/white on the other. Then, I look at the visiting section and see their fans and the band and think, "God, pleeeeease don't let them win....I can't take it." :big:

I literally sat through the entire first half of the Iron Bowl this year, watching sack after sack and never said a word. My wife and everyone around were going crazy. I don't know if I didn't want to jinx us by actually cheering (We were doing too good while I kept my mouth shut :) ) or I was scared I'd wake up.

I LOVE a rivalry and nothing in sports, as a fan, is better than beating Bama.

For the Bama fans on the board, is there really anything to some fans saying UT has replaced AU as your biggest rival or is that just a :poke: to get at AU fans? Or are you really that passionate about beating the Big Orange?

Link and any corndogs present, feel free to join in.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I'd walk a mile to see Auburn beat Alabama. In fact, I think I did walk several last November.

If not for the largesse of a kindly barrister, I might have died of thirst.

I'd walk a mile to see Auburn beat Alabama.  In fact, I think I did walk several last November. 

If not for the largesse of a kindly barrister, I might have died of thirst.

244271[/snapback]

I hate being thristy. I mean it really bugs the crap out of me to be thristy. But I'm not sure if you can actually die of thrist. By the way, what is thrist? :poke::big:

As far as rivalries go, right now I hold AU a little higher than UT. A few years ago though, like in 2002, I would have given AU a win to beat UT. Which actually happened. (Not the giving up a win part, but we did lose to AU and beat UT.)

Being from GA beating UGA is probable the one I would choose although my hatred for UAT comes very close but when you have to live with the leghumpers(excluding southlink) every day of the year it's hard not to want to beat the piss out of them b/c if we don't I catch hell for 365 especially on my street. It's a really hard choice. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE,AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

I hate being thristy. I mean it really bugs the crap out of me to be thristy. But I'm not sure if you can actually die of thrist. By the way, what is thrist?  :poke:   :big:

244283[/snapback]

It's a rare combination of thirst and thriftyness.

Very few people experience it every year.

For me, other than wanting to win every game, especially Washington State, not only because it is the opener, but because they are Pac-10 team, and it's a chance to show that the SEC is better than the Pac-10.....

If I had to choose one, it'd be Florida, because Urban Meyer is the darling of the media it seems and they are getting lots of pre-season hype it seems, so I'd love to destroy them if we can!!

And hey, beating bama never gets old!! :)

FIRST, LAST, ALWAYS--UAT !! :angry:

I'm particularly concerned this year because we've stuck our neck out with all the "Fear the Thumb" mania. The pachyderms would like nothing better than to shove that back up our a... Well, let's just say I hope we haven't given them enough bulletin board material to inspire them into overachieving far above what their talent and coaching would lead one to expect.

After that? As it usually does, the way to Atlanta from the West leads through the LSU faux-Tigers.

I was extremely THRISTY after the Iron Bowl this year. I ran across the Major as he was dragging himself up on to the curb of College Street in front of J&M. His lips were cracking and the words "ww-aar-rr eegl" were barely audible as he held out a trembling hand cupped in the shape of a thrist quenching, frosty cold, adult beverage.

I obliged. :cheers:B)

uat. <_<

We BEAT UT T W I C E in ONE year. :big:

Beating UGA is always fun. Spanking the corndogs has been and will be very important in the WEST.

But, reminding the trailer park dwellers WHO owns Football in this State is....well...

Priceless. :D

Guest Tigrinum Major
I was extremely THRISTY after the Iron Bowl this year.  I ran across the Major as he was dragging himself up on to the curb of College Street in front of J&M.  His lips were cracking and the words "ww-aar-rr eegl" were barely audible as he held out a trembling hand cupped in the shape of a thrist quenching, frosty cold, adult beverage. 

I obliged.  :cheers:   B)

244304[/snapback]

Good times, frien, good times.

uat. <_<

We BEAT UT  T W I C E  in ONE year.  :big:

Beating UGA is always fun. Spanking the corndogs has been and will be very important in the WEST.

But, reminding the trailer park dwellers WHO owns Football in this State is....well...

Priceless. :D

244308[/snapback]

Yep...We've actually beaten UT THREE times since UAT has beaten us, and we don't play UT every year anymore....LOL...

Nothing gives me chills like walking into JH and seeing the orange/blue warming up on one side and the crimson/white on the other.

244268[/snapback]

Don't forget the cheerleaders in the traditional horizontal orange-and-blue striped sweaters...........

(Talking about the female cheerleaders there - I have heard that there are some male ones, and I have heard them on the loudspeaker, but have yet to actually see one, except the one in dark pink a couple of years back who was later banished for saying "War Eagle" on TV)

For me LSU is and always will be first because I am from Louisiana. Now that LSU is really good, it makes that victory much sweeter. Alabama definitely fires me up, but because I am not from the state, I don't put up with Bama fans year round. I wish we played Notre Dame and USC because I hate those pansies.

Alabama hands down. The only argument I believe anyone should have over this is if they live in Georgia (UGA) or Louisianna (LSU). Living in Alabama, especially after all the "Fear the Thumb" crap, I couldn't stand losing to Bama with how obnoxious their fans are. Right now all they have is their "tradition" but that's all it is. If they beat us, they will at least have something to work with.

Growing up in Birmingham in the late 70's and early 80's, I love nothing better than to see Auburn take it to Bama. However, in the last several years the rivalry with LSU has become more important in SEC Championship terms.

Still, Auburn could lose to LSU, Florida and Georgia but if they beat Bama, it still would be a good season in my mind.

Nothing gives me chills like walking into JH and seeing the orange/blue warming up on one side and the crimson/white on the other.

244268[/snapback]

Don't forget the cheerleaders in the traditional horizontal orange-and-blue striped sweaters...........

(Talking about the female cheerleaders there - I have heard that there are some male ones, and I have heard them on the loudspeaker, but have yet to actually see one, except the one in dark pink a couple of years back who was later banished for saying "War Eagle" on TV)

244351[/snapback]

Ummmm.......Have you been living under a Rock? There are Male Cheerleaders on nearly every team, Heck there's even male cheerleaders at UWA.

uat

there will always be some stupid arrogant bammer that needs an attitude adjustment and a dose of reality

Guest Tigrinum Major

244268[/snapback]

244351[/snapback]

Ummmm.......Have you been living under a Rock? There are Male Cheerleaders on nearly every team, Heck there's even male cheerleaders at UWA.

244397[/snapback]

He can't take his eyes of the female cheerleaders, so therefore he never notices that there are male cheerleaders. Kind of like a man will not notice what color a woman's eyes are when she is wearing a low cut blouse.

These things are so less humorous when they have to be explained...

I want to beat:

1. Bama

2. LSU

3. UGA

An interesting flipside would be "who would it upset you most to lose to?" Think about it for a second. Would you be more upset if we lost to LSU, a national power in football, or Vandy, a joke of a football team? There is no real shame in losing to Georgia, but what if we lost to Tulane, or Buffalo or Arkansas State?

Archived