ESPN = Morons

GalensGhost

I agree with you on that one. Our fans ARE as passionate if not more than the next school, but we do have more than our fair share of idiots. Sometimes I do think that Bertman is a little quick with his formal apologies... considering LSU players got pelted with stuff after the winning TD pass at Bama this year. But still no excuse for the way alot of our fans act.

I don't condone any of that, but I will admit that I secretly felt good about this...

During this past SEC Championship game, at halftime some little Georgia kid (have to be a frat guy) came in the LSU student section with his bright red pants, shirt & tie, and croc sunglasses talking crap. Well as we know, it wasn't going to well for LSU so they were plenty of pissed off fans (including myself). Well as he was running up and down the aisle he bumps into a girl. Everyone stands up and starts yelling at him. He continues to talk and out of nowhere, the girl he knocked over (seriously one of the cutest blondes I have ever seen) just decks him. Knocks him back about 2 rows. I know it sounds bad, but it def. cheered up alot of us. But the best part was how good looking this girl was who hit him :)

considering LSU players got pelted with stuff after the winning TD pass at Bama this year. But still no excuse for the way alot of our fans act.

It was probably just the two guys making out in the LSU section. :puke:

Seriously, ive heard of fans getting hit with cups from just about every venue. But the only town where Ive heard opposing fans getting peed on is Red Stick.

ha. that ain't right. I'm still hoping it was a girl with really short hair.

But all jokes aside, the school newspaper did some research and found out that those 2 do go to LSU, but are out of state transfer students from the Tuscaloosa area. Apparently, they really like to kiss each other after great wins and weren't able to do it enough at uat.

ha. that ain't right.  I'm still hoping it was a girl with really short hair. 

But all jokes aside, the school newspaper did some research and found out that those 2 do go to LSU, but are out of state transfer students from the Tuscaloosa area.  Apparently, they really like to kiss each other after great wins and weren't able to do it enough at uat.

245586[/snapback]

now that's funny! :big:

Apparently, they really like to kiss each other after great wins and weren't able to do it enough at uat.

You're right...good thing is...we knew just where to send em' where theyd fit in. :P;)

ha. that ain't right.  I'm still hoping it was a girl with really short hair. 

But all jokes aside, the school newspaper did some research and found out that those 2 do go to LSU, but are out of state transfer students from the Tuscaloosa area.  Apparently, they really like to kiss each other after great wins and weren't able to do it enough at uat.

245586[/snapback]

Now there should have been a screen/monitor Sprite spewing warning lable on that post!

030055.jpg

In that same research, the mysterious stripper was uncovered as well? For the first time folks, the true identity of the stripper Price thought was better than the Bama job :D:cheer:

In that same research, the mysterious stripper was uncovered as well? For the first time folks, the true identity of the stripper Price thought was better than the Bama job biggrin.gif 11.gif

I read somewhere that there's a nutria shortage in red stick...is this what your dinner looked like? :D

nutria3.jpg

This thread has surpased the funny level allowed between opposing fans, I must intervene, Take this!!!

1z5kufp.jpg

Oh...Wait...... :D

1922? Are you the same guy that created the People's National Championship poll?

Its called sarcasm.

245422[/snapback]

I gather. :thumbsup:

Follow-up question:  Bill Curry's current employer includes uat among its nominees for "best [college football] fans."  Besides being totally misguided (Has anyone at ESPN ever been to a game at BDS???), I find this:

a.  Merely ironic

b.  Tragic

c.  Hilarious

You decide . . .

245421[/snapback]

d. ridculous

We are no way affiliated with Bill Curry, we cut ALL ties, but keep in mind Terry Bowden is still on contract at auburn, with a please don't talk about what went on here clause. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/foot...wden.auburn.ap/

And I'm not saying we're innocent, but neither is Auburn.

Well as he was running up and down the aisle he bumps into a girl.  Everyone stands up and starts yelling at him. 

In other words hundreds of people pelted him with drinks, food, and other objects.

Follow-up question:  Bill Curry's current employer includes uat among its nominees for "best [college football] fans."  Besides being totally misguided (Has anyone at ESPN ever been to a game at BDS???), I find this:

a.  Merely ironic

b.  Tragic

c.  Hilarious

You decide . . .

245421[/snapback]

d. ridculous

We are no way affiliated with Bill Curry, we cut ALL ties, but keep in mind Terry Bowden is still on contract at auburn, with a please don't talk about what went on here clause. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/foot...wden.auburn.ap/

And I'm not saying we're innocent, but neither is Auburn.

245626[/snapback]

Touchy much? (Or feeling a little defensive? Guilty? Still . . . ?) You missed the point entirely. All I'm saying is that, if I'm Bill Curry, I can't help feeling a little disrespected when the network I've worked for for (10+?) years touts the school that ran me out of town (fresh off its first conference championship since the old man himself) as having the "best fans." I wasn't expressing an opinion (positive or negative) about Bill Curry, much less (shudder) the holy of holies ( :ua: ). And what does Terry Bowden have to do with this discussion? If Auburn were on the list, I'd humor your tired, lame parallel between him and Curry, but it's not, so the "affiliations," if any, between Auburn and Bowden / uat and Curry are irrelevant.

Archived